The Student Room Group

ocr gcse mathematics b j567 11th june 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AZ786
Lol i soooo messed it up, what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

I saw on the OCR website it's normally 53% for a B and 34% for a C. Can you remember if you said the majority of the runners ran at an average of 12km/h? I said no.
Original post by AZ786
Thanks, but does that mean like 75/100 for a C!?!?!?!? Also, how did you find it? I thought it was really difficult :frown:

well i am only 11 so obviously i found it extremely difficult but it was manageable lol
Original post by AZ786
Oh ok, i dnt even know what shape mine looked like lol, what do you think the grade boundaries are? and what questions do you think will be in tomorrows calculator one?

well like i said in the specimen papers it was 75% for a C so i dunnoo. i think there will be lots of algebra and translations. so yh but its unpredictable :biggrin:DDD
Original post by AZ786
grrrr i hate maths, my teacher said there will definitely be questions about triangles because in the non calc there wasnt anything about triangles. And for the running one i put yes lol i think it said over 12km/h so i put yes lol

hey what was the running question? oh and same i hate maths lololol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Vin57xd
hey what was the running question?

The one bout the race where we had to do a stem and leaf diagram and then about half the runners running an average of 12km/h, i put yes but i am probably wrong
also, what are you doing to revise for tomorrow and do you know if the paper we did is available online or not?
Original post by AZ786
The one bout the race where we had to do a stem and leaf diagram and then about half the runners running an average of 12km/h, i put yes but i am probably wrong
also, what are you doing to revise for tomorrow and do you know if the paper we did is available online or not?

SHOOT I DIDNT EVEN SEE THAT QUESTION!!!! anyway i am doing loads and loads of practice paperz and no i dont think its online yett
Are we talking about the Unit B OCR test? The Unit which started in last January :biggrin:. If so, how come I don't remember anything or an question. But I do remember one question that (square root of)125^-1/3 what is the answer for that. I got 1/5
Reply 27
Original post by Vin57xd
SHOOT I DIDNT EVEN SEE THAT QUESTION!!!! anyway i am doing loads and loads of practice paperz and no i dont think its online yett

LOL and i am doing the same, i have done like 25+ papers (my sisters edexcel old ones, and OCR ones online) but the exam was just random, i didnt know anything and i revised SO HARD! grrrr so mad, but hopefully i will do good tomorrow, but not looking likely :P
any last minute tips? also, r u doing aqa chem on 15th and aqa physics on 20th?
Original post by AZ786
LOL and i am doing the same, i have done like 25+ papers (my sisters edexcel old ones, and OCR ones online) but the exam was just random, i didnt know anything and i revised SO HARD! grrrr so mad, but hopefully i will do good tomorrow, but not looking likely :P
any last minute tips? also, r u doing aqa chem on 15th and aqa physics on 20th?

well i cant cause i am still in primary school but i can help u with scienc cause i got a c in a mock!
Original post by JamalAhmed
Are we talking about the Unit B OCR test? The Unit which started in last January :biggrin:. If so, how come I don't remember anything or an question. But I do remember one question that (square root of)125^-1/3 what is the answer for that. I got 1/5

yh i did mathmatics B so yh
Original post by AZ786
Thanks, but does that mean like 75/100 for a C!?!?!?!? Also, how did you find it? I thought it was really difficult :frown:

I don't think his right. OCR will never 75/100 for a C that's just too much. At least 65/100 for a C in my opinion
:smile::biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Vin57xd
well i cant cause i am still in primary school but i can help u with scienc cause i got a c in a mock!

Eh? how come you did the maths gcse then if you are in primary school? Lol are you a genius or something :biggrin:
Original post by AZ786
Eh? how come you did the maths gcse then if you are in primary school? Lol are you a genius or something :biggrin:

well yh we are a registered centre and in my level 6-8 ks3 sats i got an 8a so thats why :biggrin:
Original post by Vin57xd
yh i did mathmatics B so yh

Oh cool. I think i just got one 3 mark question wrong but I'm sure i will get some marks for showing the correct working out.
Original post by JamalAhmed
I don't think his right. OCR will never 75/100 for a C that's just too much. At least 65/100 for a C in my opinion
:smile::biggrin:

lol i am just going with wat the specimen paper grade boundaries are but i wish it was 35/100 for a c instead of an f
lololol.olololol
Reply 35
Hmm i am confused now, what exam are we all talking about? The OCR maths cgse 11ths june 2012, non calculator, question 1 was 3/50 as a decimal and there was one about nita and her juices???
thts good! i think i flopped. Roll on high school!
Reply 37
Original post by Vin57xd
well yh we are a registered centre and in my level 6-8 ks3 sats i got an 8a so thats why :biggrin:

WHOAHHH your amaaaazing lol i hate maths soooo bad :frown:(((
yup
thats the one i did
Original post by kirankayjohal
I got that as well! High 5 at least we have 3 marks :biggrin:
Can you remember anything else?

Did you answer the completing the square question?

woo! :biggrin: I think I got (x+4) -6 and then for the second part I just guessed and put 6 :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending