The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiny hobbit
Maybe. If you are one of the 250 or so candidates worldwide taking M5, you are wither not doing any Statistics modules or not doing both of FP2 and FP3.

well I'm taking stats, FP2, FP3 and M5. I doubt I'm the only one.

Original post by TheMagicMan
This seems to happen every year. Talk about a stupid clash.

OCR had Latin and Greek GCSE at the same time this year :confused:

That's even more jarring.
Tbh, it's hardly that big a deal. I mean, in my case, it just means I effectively have a 3 hour exam which is the same length as STEP.
Original post by ben-smith

That's even more jarring.
Tbh, it's hardly that big a deal. I mean, in my case, it just means I effectively have a 3 hour exam which is the same length as STEP.

It's not really so much that it's a burden, but rather it's just stupid. There are any number of days on which there aren't edexcel maths exams when they could schedule it.
Reply 5162
Original post by shamika
250 take M5? Don't know whether that's a tiny amount or not... do you have the stats for the other modules?

This is for OCR: I emailed them a while back last year because I had S3, S4, and M4 (at the same time) followed by Economics Unit 4 that afternoon.

I can advise that in the June 2010 series 124 candidates took M4 and 46 took S4, with only 3 candidates taking both.
Original post by shamika
250 take M5? Don't know whether that's a tiny amount or not... do you have the stats for the other modules?

I'm several years out if date on the other modules. Edexcel M1 used to be heading for 30,000.
This is all really interesting stuff, thanks for sharing! I might email a few of the exam boards to ask them directly...
Is y=f(mod x) the same as y=(mod)f(x)
Original post by BeccaCath94
Is y=f(mod x) the same as y=(mod)f(x)

if mod means modulus then no f(mod x) is doing the positive x values of the graph and then reflecting them into the negative and (mod)f(x) is bouncing the negative y values into the positive y axis :smile: hope it helps its hard to explain in writing :L
Original post by JordanS94
if mod means modulus then no f(mod x) is doing the positive x values of the graph and then reflecting them into the negative and (mod)f(x) is bouncing the negative y values into the positive y axis :smile: hope it helps its hard to explain in writing :L

Yeah it is hard to put into writing but thank you :smile:
I was just thinking of C3 Jan 2009 Q5a. The question says y=f(mod x) but on the markscheme the answer seems to be y=(mod)f(x)
If asked to find the inverse of a function can you assume the domain doesnt need to be limited (unless it specifies?)
What do people think to this...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18425283
Original post by BeccaCath94
What do people think to this...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18425283

This reminds me of an article I read years ago where a van delivering papers was robbed. This is still bad but not as extreme.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Original post by cpdavis
This reminds me of an article I read years ago where a van delivering papers was robbed. This is still bad but not as extreme.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App

I was just thinking as its our papers!
It's the C4 paper. Schools were notified today that they will be sending a replacement paper out.
Original post by tiny hobbit
It's the C4 paper. Schools were notified today that they will be sending a replacement paper out.

Is it possible to get a copy of the original June 2012 C4 paper to use as another past paper now this is confirmed? :colondollar:

I assume not but worth a try :colone:
Original post by Jorgeyy
Is it possible to get a copy of the original June 2012 C4 paper to use as another past paper now this is confirmed? :colondollar:

No, centres have been asked to keep it secure until after the 21st, then they can either scrap it or use it as a practice paper.
Reply 5175
such drama
Original post by Jorgeyy

Nice try, but according to the BBC article, some people may still be sitting the original :smile:
Has anyone applied to Lancaster?
Reply 5178
Original post by Junaid96
Nice try, but according to the BBC article, some people may still be sitting the original :smile:

So now we dont exactly know if we will be getting the 'leaked paper' or the 'original' ? :colone:
Original post by glamo666
So now we dont exactly know if we will be getting the 'leaked paper' or the 'original' ? :colone:

I think it said those who receive the original will be hard to reach foreign countries and stuff, not UK candidates :frown:

Latest