The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by crazy00
Don't worry...it was almost three months for me :tongue: I applied for NCS.

Are you referring to MSc in Networked Computer Systems?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by vanilla_sunrise
Me too! Desperate to find out what is going to happen soon, but, going by the posts on here - it may take a while! :s-smilie:

Good luck with your application!

Have you heard anything yet? I got an internship for six months, so won't be starting my master's either way this year.. But I hope to get it so I can defer it for 2013/2014!
Original post by karoline89
Have you heard anything yet? I got an internship for six months, so won't be starting my master's either way this year.. But I hope to get it so I can defer it for 2013/2014!

... nope. No news yet. Let's see. Most of the people who apply are older and have far more impressive CVs whereas I'm still in my undergrad and have never done a job in global health related things so I have low hopes... but let's see. I think the department will let me know three weeks from when I applied, and then the university college london dean of students has to approve of it by looking at my academic transcript or something... so a total of six weeks' wait... sigh. And then I will have accommodation and things to sort out if I DO get a place and if I DO pass my exams to get a 2:1, so there are actually a lot of things hanging in the air.

Did they tell you how long to wait before you find out?
Original post by itzme
did not get the scholarship. What about you? Hope you did! :smile:

Oh, god, you cannot imagine how nervous I was. I received an e-mail saying that I wasn't even considered for scholarship due to some technical problems, and they are ,,deeply sorry,,.
Reply 884
hello people, i applied about 6 weeks ago, had my interview last friday, does anyone know how long it takes to get a reply after the interview??
Hi,

What was it you applied for? All the best!
Reply 886
Original post by staceyriley
Hello,

I just wanted to post a message on this thread to introduce myself - I will be studying the Publishing MA at UCL starting in September :smile:

Stacey.

Hi Stacey,

Nice to meet you! I will also be on the course in September. I'm from Canada, but I've studied in the UK twice... once, not far from Kent, at Herstmonceux Castle, and the other, at University of Warwick. It's nice to know that I may not be the only one commuting to Central London. I'll be in Surbiton! Exciting programme, though, isn't it?

Nicole
Reply 887
Original post by melissa38
Hi Stacey! Nice to hear from someone who got into the course too :smile: Where are you from?

I look forward to meeting you in September!

Melissa

Hi again Melissa, if you remember me! I haven't been on here for a while. I wonder if we should make a facebook page for our programme? Does anyone know if the uni does one themselves? Any luck with finding a place yet Melissa?
Reply 888
Original post by npub123
Hi again Melissa, if you remember me! I haven't been on here for a while. I wonder if we should make a facebook page for our programme? Does anyone know if the uni does one themselves? Any luck with finding a place yet Melissa?

Hi Nicole, yes I do remember you! I've seen that there are facebook groups for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 and like you I wondered if these were created by students or by the uni. We could always create one to gather people who already know they'll be doing the course and we'll later see if a more "official" one is created. What do you think?

Because I'm still in France and won't be in London before 17th September I haven't really started looking for a place yet. I'll start flat hunting once I get there. How about you? When do you plan on arriving in London?

Melissa
Reply 889
Original post by melissa38
Hi Nicole, yes I do remember you! I've seen that there are facebook groups for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 and like you I wondered if these were created by students or by the uni. We could always create one to gather people who already know they'll be doing the course and we'll later see if a more "official" one is created. What do you think?

Because I'm still in France and won't be in London before 17th September I haven't really started looking for a place yet. I'll start flat hunting once I get there. How about you? When do you plan on arriving in London?

Melissa

Hi! We should definitely do that, because it's so much easier than using this. I would make one right now, but I am at work and they've blocked fb! aha. Let me know if you make one!

I plan on arriving in August, because I want to give myself enough time to find a part-time job before our course starts. My bf just found us a flat in Surbiton! It should take me 15 - 20 mins to get to Waterloo Station (London) from there, and then another 15 - 20 to get to UCL from Waterloo Station. I have never commuted before, so I'll be really jealous of the people living in central! Surbiton seems nice and quiet though, and there is a fairly big student population there still.
Reply 890
Original post by npub123
Hi! We should definitely do that, because it's so much easier than using this. I would make one right now, but I am at work and they've blocked fb! aha. Let me know if you make one!

I plan on arriving in August, because I want to give myself enough time to find a part-time job before our course starts. My bf just found us a flat in Surbiton! It should take me 15 - 20 mins to get to Waterloo Station (London) from there, and then another 15 - 20 to get to UCL from Waterloo Station. I have never commuted before, so I'll be really jealous of the people living in central! Surbiton seems nice and quiet though, and there is a fairly big student population there still.

I've just tried creating a group but unfortunately you need to add friends to the group and I don't know anyone from the course on facebook. I'll send you a private message on TSR with my name so you can search it on fb and add me. Only then will I be able to create the group.

I also plan on getting a part-time job. I'm glad I won't be the only one studying and working!
Reply 891
Hey guys, I got an offer for MSc Technology Entrepreneurship programmee starting 12/13. Anyone else joining?

Background: Start-up + IB experience
Bachelor: Vienna University of Economics and Business Admn.
Reply 892
Is there anyone who still waiting for msc financial risk management? or feedback or anything else?
Reply 893
is there any international applicant who gets CAS letter?
Original post by karoline89

Got an offer and accepted :smile: Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by vanilla_sunrise
Got an offer and accepted :smile: Have you heard anything yet?

I did get an offer so I am deferring it. However, I don't know if I quite meet the grade requirement of my offer, but I have sent them all my final transcripts and arguments and waiting for an answer, but I might even retake some classes so hopefully I'll meet the conditions for my offer next year. Can I ask about your grades? (You can message me or something if you want to)
Reply 896
Original post by gardeniasandbooks
Just received a conditional offer for UCL's Archives & Records Management Program! :smile:
And for those who want to know, my application was complete on December 15th, and I received a decision on January 23rd.
Best of luck to everyone!!

Hi, I'm thinking of applying for the same course for 2013. What was the condition they gave you? Enjoy the course :smile:
Original post by shyamcrush
Hi all.

I applied for the Economics and Business track on Apr 26. I got an unconditional offer on May 10.
I guess the decisions are made faster after the Apr 27 deadline.

Any ideas when the scholarship results are released?

I will be doing the Economics and Business track beginning in September as well! Will you be enrolling too? Do you have any idea when UCL confirms our second-year country?
Original post by Hovgoro
Hello. I have applied and get offer for IMESS Business and Economics. Second year Estonia. Yeah, 4 scholarships are just very few.

Hello, I will be doing the Economics and Business track for IMESS as well. How did you find out about your second country? I have an unconditional offer, but I still haven't heard about my second country (I put two choices in my application)...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending