The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6180
Original post by rich2606
They peaked in the Origin and Absolution days, since then they've been more reliant on special effects and the stage production than their actual performance.

Could not agree more. I've only been into them since back end of BH&R and TR and managed to see them 3 times, the arena tour, stadium show and Reading last year. Reading was by far the best not just because of OoS but it was them, the OoS aerials and a giant screen and it all worked really well instead of the towers or the big pyramid building thing. Have you not got tickets for this tour then?

Original post by museobsessed
LOL what?!

Watch the DVD of them at Glastonbury 2004. IMO their best live performance.
Original post by Futurism
Could not agree more. I've only been into them since back end of BH&R and TR and managed to see them 3 times, the arena tour, stadium show and Reading last year. Reading was by far the best not just because of OoS but it was them, the OoS aerials and a giant screen and it all worked really well instead of the towers or the big pyramid building thing. Have you not got tickets for this tour then?

Watch the DVD of them at Glastonbury 2004. IMO their best live performance.

I caught them first at Earls Court in 2004 (you can see some of it in the bonus content on the Glastonbury DVD you mentioned) and it was just a different level. They had so much more energy back then and their equipment wasn't so expensive that they couldn't smash it every gig! These days its more "we have to stand in these positions for these songs, we have to wait for the screens to sync up before we start playing the next song, we have to play the songs exactly like they sound on the album" etc. My major complaint is that these days the live show is too scripted and often stale as a result. You occasionally see glimpses of these past glories when they deviate from the script a bit and aren't so restricted by the stage production and play some of their older and less technical songs, but its quite hit and miss now.

Anyway to answer your other question I don't know, as I haven't received either a confirmation nor a rejection email yet! I'm guessing not.
Damnit, didn't get a ticket. Looks like I'll be dragging myself out of bed at 9am tomorrow, hungover, to get this one sorted. :unimpressed:
Original post by staring.space
Damnit, didn't get a ticket. Looks like I'll be dragging myself out of bed at 9am tomorrow, hungover, to get this one sorted. :unimpressed:

same
Didn't get a ticket... F5 o'clock!
Original post by hothedgehog

we're in the same boat *hugs*
we're in the same boat *hugs*

It's ok, we can do it. Where are you looking to go? I'm looking at the second london date so it's going to be hard to do but I'm feeling confident.
It's ok, we can do it. Where are you looking to go? I'm looking at the second london date so it's going to be hard to do but I'm feeling confident.

birmingham
Original post by staring.space

same

I have faith in you guys!
I'm going to be attempting to get tickets tomorrow morning as well. What are my chances of actually getting any? :colondollar:
birmingham

I think Brum should be a bit easier so I'm sure you'll be fine. Brum's my reserve - I just want the Saturday as I don't know where I'll be living/working at that point.
I think Brum should be a bit easier so I'm sure you'll be fine. Brum's my reserve - I just want the Saturday as I don't know where I'll be living/working at that point.

well if you end up getting Birmingham then it would be cool to meet up
well if you end up getting Birmingham then it would be cool to meet up

Indeed! We'll have to see. There's always the possibility that even if I did get a Brum ticket I wouldn't be able to go. I hate not knowing what's going to happen in the future!
Present and correct for the early morning refresh the page party :biggrin:
anyone else here yet?
I just got my ticket for london on 27th. Went into a queue and then on first refresh got straight through... I was pretty shocked! :biggrin: Probably the easiest ticket I've ever got!

Have you got yours yet?
I just got my ticket for london on 27th. Went into a queue and then on first refresh got straight through... I was pretty shocked! :biggrin: Probably the easiest ticket I've ever got!

Have you got yours yet?

Present and correct for the early morning refresh the page party :biggrin:
anyone else here yet?

Is that via the random allocation through pre-sale? Because can't seem to buy on ticketmaster/see tickets yet :frown:
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Is that via the random allocation through pre-sale? Because can't seem to buy on ticketmaster/see tickets yet :frown:

Some people who failed the lottery got another presale link for 9am ahead of the 10am general sale. Doesn't seem many got lucky this time either (though I did :cool:).
You'll get them easily at 10am today. Not sure if I will get tickets or not...
Original post by rich2606
Some people who failed the lottery got another presale link for 9am ahead of the 10am general sale. Doesn't seem many got lucky this time either (though I did :cool:).

Oh wtf, why were we not told. This is ridiculous. Okay lets see what happens when I go through general sale for the first time ever. :s-smilie:
According to muselive, the tickets sold out massively quickly in this presale. Wouldn't worry, general sale in 10 mins... good luck everyone. :biggrin:

Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan

That was through the 9am presale link sent out to the failed pre-allocation people.

Quick Reply

Latest