The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy at UWE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaraSp
Hi Karen- just finished exam - not too bad so I'm confident I've passed. Won't know for a couple of days but not going to worry about it now. Feels great to be finished. Might even go for a bike ride and a beer later! Hope your revision is going well,

Sara x

Hi Glad it went well...enjoy the beer....I am just sipping a glass of red as I ponder revising, have a great Jubilee weekend...what great timing to end your Access course...I am off to London for 4 days to soak up the patriotic vibes!
Karen X
Reply 261
Hi - all the best for your exam tomorrow.......
Original post by SaraSp
Hi - all the best for your exam tomorrow.......

Thanks....just thinking of messaging you to say OMG ....human rights BUT after this I only have 1 poster to do and DONE! Are you all finished now and relaxing ?
Reply 263
Yeah all done. Passed exam and done all the final paperwork, so just waiting for it to all be moderated and for my certificate to turn up in the post. Telling my team tomorrow and officially handing my notice in on Friday. I'm going for a interview tomorrow to volunteer with the Red Cross - supporting people in the transition back home from being in hospital. Thought it would be good to get some proper experience over the summer!!

Anyway - I'm sure you'll be fine tomorrow.
Original post by SaraSp
Yeah all done. Passed exam and done all the final paperwork, so just waiting for it to all be moderated and for my certificate to turn up in the post. Telling my team tomorrow and officially handing my notice in on Friday. I'm going for a interview tomorrow to volunteer with the Red Cross - supporting people in the transition back home from being in hospital. Thought it would be good to get some proper experience over the summer!!

Anyway - I'm sure you'll be fine tomorrow.

Thanks I am Ok with exams, will have a drink tonight to celebrate that bit over! I am coming over on Sat 30th again for open day to snoop around deciding on where to live, I am moving to Bristol and will choose Fishponds or Kingswood. I may meet up with another person I met at Cardiff interview who has accepted UWE - she is 27 and really nice and knows no one ....at least I met people on this forum, which really helps me with the move. Its scary to move and start a new course!
Volunteering sounds really good, I am going back to The Calvert in the summer to volunteer (which I did before the Access course got a bit heavier) are you around for lunch on Sat 30th ? in Fishponds Wetherspoons or Porto Lounge ? (probably can only afford spoons! now students!! Karen X
Reply 265
Hi - sorry I might not be around on 30th. I'm meant to be camping with some friends if the weather is ok, and if not, I might be at a beer festival! If neither of those things happen - and there's no guarantee they will - I'll let you know.

The only thing you might want to be aware of is that I don't think there is a direct bus from Kingswood to UWE in Fishponds. Staple Hill is ok - and there is a bus! I'm sure you've seen this map but if not ......

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/bristol_bath/assets/pdfs/journey_planning/maps/bristol/bristol_overground.pdf
Reply 266
Original post by Citrus queen
Thanks I am Ok with exams, will have a drink tonight to celebrate that bit over! I am coming over on Sat 30th again for open day to snoop around deciding on where to live, I am moving to Bristol and will choose Fishponds or Kingswood. I may meet up with another person I met at Cardiff interview who has accepted UWE - she is 27 and really nice and knows no one ....at least I met people on this forum, which really helps me with the move. Its scary to move and start a new course!
Volunteering sounds really good, I am going back to The Calvert in the summer to volunteer (which I did before the Access course got a bit heavier) are you around for lunch on Sat 30th ? in Fishponds Wetherspoons or Porto Lounge ? (probably can only afford spoons! now students!! Karen X

If you need someone to show you round let me know! I'm happy to take you to a few areas so you can see how far they are from glenside!
Original post by SaraSp
Hi - sorry I might not be around on 30th. I'm meant to be camping with some friends if the weather is ok, and if not, I might be at a beer festival! If neither of those things happen - and there's no guarantee they will - I'll let you know.

The only thing you might want to be aware of is that I don't think there is a direct bus from Kingswood to UWE in Fishponds. Staple Hill is ok - and there is a bus! I'm sure you've seen this map but if not ......

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/bristol_bath/assets/pdfs/journey_planning/maps/bristol/bristol_overground.pdf

Thanks Sarah will check the map as I may use bus ! so good tip off, I would rather live in Fishponds as it is so near Glenside. Let me know if you are free on 30th if not no probs....enjoy camping or beer. I have booked a weeks camping in the Cotswolds in July but we have gone for the pod ! and not the tent option....at least a wooden pod cannot blow away!!

See you in sept !! Karen X.....where has the sun gone !
Original post by footsteps
If you need someone to show you round let me know! I'm happy to take you to a few areas so you can see how far they are from glenside!

Hi Lucy...glad to hear from you....are you free for lunch aswell I just did not know how to PM or message you ? We can meet at wetherspoons in Fishponds at 12.30 and can still go to open day as I need to know how many weeks course is for NHS Bursary and I am making someone answer my question on 30th !!

Do you want to meet at Glenside at 11 am ish ?

Karen X.....everyone welcome going to UWE in Sept
Reply 269
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing well!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone has heard from the Uni with regard to the occupational health check and/or the bursary info. I keep checking my 'personal UWE website' but nada!!! Anyone heard from them???

Debs
x
Original post by debsnm
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing well!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone has heard from the Uni with regard to the occupational health check and/or the bursary info. I keep checking my 'personal UWE website' but nada!!! Anyone heard from them???

Debs
x

Hi Debs no just been asked for proof of academic certs ! They say they have sent our bursary stuff to NHS and we will hear mid July !! How are you some of us are meeting on 30th June in Fishponds as I need to check accom options ....Hows your plans ?

Karen X
Reply 271
Did anyone else get an email today, offering a bursary or free accomadation for deferring until next year?
Reply 272
Did anyone else get an email today, offering a bursary or free accomadation for deferring until next year?

Hi- yes, I got that as well. I assumed they had sent it to everyone. I'm not going for it though - can't wait another year to get started!!

Sara
Original post by SaraSp
Hi- yes, I got that as well. I assumed they had sent it to everyone. I'm not going for it though - can't wait another year to get started!!

Sara

Hi Yes I got this message last week and rang and laughed and said I need to start the course at 47!! and deferring might be a problem, she laughed and said we would all be trained but UWE get a massive FINE if they go over their numbers but it must be a nightmare guessing who will accept you and which students will put you as first choice, I think this year more people wanted to go to UWE than they anticipated....which must bode well for us!

Hi Yes I got this email and like Sara think time is running out for me at 47! only 14 weeks to go and we will be getting our new pens and pads out for our first lectures !! OMG...
Reply 275
Hi Lucy...glad to hear from you....are you free for lunch aswell I just did not know how to PM or message you ? We can meet at wetherspoons in Fishponds at 12.30 and can still go to open day as I need to know how many weeks course is for NHS Bursary and I am making someone answer my question on 30th !!

Do you want to meet at Glenside at 11 am ish ?

Karen X.....everyone welcome going to UWE in Sept

I think I can do Glenside and 11 am! I would like to know when reading weeks will be, I have got a place at the nursery for my youngest but cant tell them how many weeks I will need, it would be nice to sort that before the start of term!
Was quite tempted by the offer to deffer but really dont want to wait another year to start either!
I think I can do Glenside and 11 am! I would like to know when reading weeks will be, I have got a place at the nursery for my youngest but cant tell them how many weeks I will need, it would be nice to sort that before the start of term!
Was quite tempted by the offer to deffer but really dont want to wait another year to start either!

Great we defo need to know how many weeks so I am not leaving UWE on 30th until someone tells me this time, see you at 11 am in reception then we go hassling people for answers ! Karen X
Reply 277
Hi everyone
Would have loved to have come down on Saturday, but we're off to Devon surfing.

I'm getting quite anxious about the fact we've had so little info so far and no confirmation that I'm definitely going to get a bursary. I just want it in writing so it feels a bit more real.

Also got the email about deferring, but have completely lost interest in what i'm doing now and itching to get stuck into something new.

Let me know if you find anything new out on Saturday and have a beer for me.

Karen ( the other one) x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi Kazza where in devon are you going ? Weather mixed ! Yes we need to be hearing re NHS as it is a bit worrying, at least none of us defered (too old!) See you in 12 weeks !!! OMG - we will have new pens, pads and stationary (good job I work part time at Rymans!

Enjoy weekend ....
Reply 279
Hi Kazza where in devon are you going ? Weather mixed ! Yes we need to be hearing re NHS as it is a bit worrying, at least none of us defered (too old!) See you in 12 weeks !!! OMG - we will have new pens, pads and stationary (good job I work part time at Rymans!

Enjoy weekend ....

Staunton. I doesn't really matter about the weather- we would never get away if we were waiting for the sun!

Ooh I love new stationary! Good place to work! I think I'm going to be leaving home at 5.30 to fit in an hour of PT before uni on a couple of mornings. Have to see how that goes- not good with dark mornings.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply