The Student Room Group

june 2012 Geography Unit 3 Contested Planet

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Guys do you think one eg of a top down and one eg of a bottom up project is sufficient? Or are you using multiple eg's for those types of aid?
Original post by Braptings
Guys do you think one eg of a top down and one eg of a bottom up project is sufficient? Or are you using multiple eg's for those types of aid?

Awesome username :smile: for section A I think it would be fine to compare one of each, and just go into detail about their advantages/disadvantages and impacts since we don't get much time.
It depends for section B; if the question specifically asks about top down and bottom up strategies, then it might be good to compare several, but hopefully you'd be doing that anyway because we have parallel case studies for the projects listed at the back of the pre release.
Reply 82
I'm starting to panic now haha. Does anyone have any synoptic links to water conflicts? I can't think of any other than biodiversity in a few places.
I think the case studies in the book eg. Colorado, sand dams, north to south project count as parallel examples which get synoptic marks but not entirely sure.
Otherwise superpowers is quite a big link as India and China are BRICS and have significant growing regional power. Which could lead to resource competition and hostility between the two.
There's also the link to energy in the hydroelectric dam.
Also development in the bottom up/top down projects to achieve water security.
And climate change in reference to glaciers and natural hazards in the monsoons which lead to flash flooding in Bangladesh.
Feel free to add.
(edited 11 years ago)
Totally lost with this exam, so much cramming happening right now. I wish I found that seminar report before now it's so helpful!

Also worried that the flooding in my town will cause school closure again tomorrow and cancel exams (happened today)... totally ironic considering topic.
will this revision even be worth it? aagghhhh
Reply 85
Good luck everyone for today :smile:
Reply 86
last minute cram guys! Do we reckon they could ask a question specifically related to figure 3 on the pre-release (the table with selected territorial disputes) ?
Reply 87
I'm not sure if they would be that specific but there were some good notes posted in another thread on this topic: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1989018&page=4&p=38067375#post38067375
:smile:
Reply 88
Good luck guys
Reply 89
How did people find it? What questions did you all do?
Reply 90
did energy and tech fix, thought it was alright went better than i expected
pre release questions weren't as bad as i thought.
Swear we're not meant to discuss it?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
luckily school was open!
i did superpowers and tech fix! think i screwed up the 15 mark tech fix but other than that i found it pretty alright
i did biodiversity and superpowers, thought it went alright :smile:
Reply 94
Did some people feel pressed for time ? Hardly anyone finished it properly in my class had to bullet point a few of my conclusions :/

Original post by jaredjw
Did some people feel pressed for time ? Hardly anyone finished it properly in my class had to bullet point a few of my conclusions :/

some girl in my class was pushed for time, i found it okay but my arm ached so much in the last 15 minutes that i think i cut down what i could've done!
Reply 96
Ha i know what u mean I had a sociology exam that morning aswel! I just hope the grade boundaries are a bit low

Reply 97
hey did anyone doo bridging the development gap
Did superpowers and tech fix, couldnt believe how nice some of the questions were compared to previous years! Especially 6c on the 3 schemes! Hopefully that won't mean the grade boundaries get pushed up too high though..
Original post by 05hedgh
hey did anyone doo bridging the development gap

Yup :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending