The Student Room Group

Girls can be so insensitive/ignorant

Some things about girls annoy me. You call girls 'fat' and you get castigated and told to not be so mean. Yet girls are happy to call guys 'scrawny' or 'skinny' with this disgusting shudder when they say it. Do they not realise that is offensive also? They actually say 'skinny' and 'scrawny' openly as well, as if it's fine. Why is it different?

The way girls say things like ' enjoy the single life, stop depending on a girl ... clingyness isn't attractive! etc'. Don't they realise that even ugly girls have a pool of men to choose from and therefore the psyche of a man is maybe different? Or when they complain how men only want sex yet your average girl can take home roughly 700 out of every 1000 male clubbers. Therefore sex is attainable whenever they actually desire it, unlike men.

I just think they take advantage of their sexual advantages without much thought.

There's all this backfiring about womens' rights and equal pay, not to be labelled as a housewife and to be included in football and so forth. But they don't give a damn about divorces and the unfair and inequal rights that men have to face. Infact they revel in the power they have in divorces, which is even worse. They don't care that they get free entry into clubs whereas men don't. So much for being 'equal'. Seems to me they want one rule for themselves, and another for men.

Respect works both ways and I just feel we live in a world where women generally seek a mans wealth and status and expect the man to be loyal, chivalrous and so forth and what are they offering in return? It's like they're only out for themselves.

Mod edit: Keep it on topic, please. Moaning/spamming/posting sarcastic comments will get you a warning.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well duh, some chicks are narrow minded. Because they're human. Likewise some have a more enlightened perspective.
I agree, some girls are insensitive and ignorant.
But so are some men. It isn't everyone.
Reply 3
Well you can't really blame women for that. The stupid people are the men who think women will ever look out for them. Women are not really rational, that's the bottom line. Would you rather be a woman who has everything or a reasoning, rational man? Think about it, and next time a woman calls you skinny, be the man.
Reply 4
Original post by noisy06
Well you can't really blame women for that. The stupid people are the men who think women will ever look out for them. Women are not really rational, that's the bottom line. Would you rather be a woman who has everything or a reasoning, rational man? Think about it, and next time a woman calls you skinny, be the man.

Ye exactly. Women are only out for themselves and then they complain about how men have a lack of respect for females these days. Good lord. It's like they deserve disrespect!

What do you mean by be the man exactly? It annoys me cas I'm 10 and a half stone at 5'9. What do they expect me to be, 15 stone or something!
Reply 5
Original post by bored.i.am
Ye exactly. Women are only out for themselves and then they complain about how men have a lack of respect for females these days. Good lord. It's like they deserve disrespect!

What do you mean by be the man exactly? It annoys me cas I'm 10 and a half stone at 5'9. What do they expect me to be, 15 stone or something!

No, if you have male genitalia and male biology then you are a man. It's not about height or weight. Women these days have a lack of self-respect.
Reply 6

They expect you to be the 6ft 1" tall Channing Tatum they see in movies.
Original post by zcanf
They expect you to be the 6ft 1" tall Channing Tatum they see in movies.

No-one I know expects that.
We just expect you to not be a dick.
If you're really funny and/or good-looking and/or rich and/or intelligent it's a bonus.
Reply 8
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
No-one I know expects that.
We just expect you to not be a dick.
If you're really funny and/or good-looking and/or rich and/or intelligent it's a bonus.

So why do 'nice guys finish last' then? Don't bring up the pushover thing - not every nice guy is a pushover. And not every nice guy who is not a pushover is wanted by girls.
It takes two to tango and I've known a load of guys be insensitive/ignorant in my time - maybe more than girls. Honestly this is like the second thread I've read tonight where people are arguing over who is the worst gender - let's live in peace people, please! :please:
Reply 10
Need to be alpha male, chicks have to feel a degree of security. Can't be a soft touch.
HAHAHAHAHAHA Jesus Christ why do people seem to think one gender is bad? 'All men are bad' 'All women are evil'. Not every man is the same. Not every woman is the same. There are insensitive and ignorant people of both genders.

Women don't like clingy men the same way men don't like clingy women. Just cause women can get sex easier doesn't mean they like it when men are only after them for sex.

Some women do disagree with laws in divorce that are unequal to men, I am one of them but at the same time not every woman divorces a man and a woman doesn't always just take all a man's money after divorce either.

Women get free entry into some clubs for economic reasons and the fact that men want them there.

Different women offer different things, the same way different men offer different things. Some men offer jack all and some women offer jack all. Again you can't generalise a whole gender.
Reply 12
So why do 'nice guys finish last' then? Don't bring up the pushover thing - not every nice guy is a pushover. And not every nice guy who is not a pushover is wanted by girls.

Have you never noticed that nice guys only usually finish last in the young years? Once they hit 30 they become a VERY valuable commodity (so to speak) for women. Women have all the power when it comes to dating and guys up until their late 20s but from then on it's downhill for a lot of us as physical beauty slowly starts to deteriorate and our options in the dating pool significantly start to decrease. Men on the other hand become more and more attractive with age (generally speaking) as they start to mature and get their lives sorted. So I think women can be ignorant in their younger years, but they'll mature with age and probably change their ways if they're halfway interested in personal development, just as men who may not have that many options now due to being perceived as too nice will most likely have their chances of finding a great partner increased as they mature too. It's life... it's development... it happens.
It doesn't sound like you know a lot of girls. Your thread is just one massive sweeping generalisation. None of it describes me or even any of my friends. Hopefully you will meet some nicer girls in the future and your attitude will change.
bob dylan once said 'the world is ruled by women'

i genuinely believe this to be true on a deeper level than world leaders and the like.
Reply 15
Original post by fl4mers
Have you never noticed that nice guys only usually finish last in the young years? Once they hit 30 they become a VERY valuable commodity (so to speak) for women. Women have all the power when it comes to dating and guys up until their late 20s but from then on it's downhill for a lot of us as physical beauty slowly starts to deteriorate and our options in the dating pool significantly start to decrease. Men on the other hand become more and more attractive with age (generally speaking) as they start to mature and get their lives sorted. So I think women can be ignorant in their younger years, but they'll mature with age and probably change their ways if they're halfway interested in personal development, just as men who may not have that many options now due to being perceived as too nice will most likely have their chances of finding a great partner increased as they mature too. It's life... it's development... it happens.

But I want to be married at 30, not chasing women.
Reply 16
I agree so much!
this is the reason why I dropped my standards and banged as many ugly chicks as I could
Some things about girls annoy me. You call girls 'fat' and you get castigated and told to not be so mean. Yet girls are happy to call guys 'scrawny' or 'skinny' with this disgusting shudder when they say it. Do they not realise that is offensive also? They actually say 'skinny' and 'scrawny' openly as well, as if it's fine. Why is it different?

The way girls say things like ' enjoy the single life, stop depending on a girl ... clingyness isn't attractive! etc'. Don't they realise that even ugly girls have a pool of men to choose from and therefore the psyche of a man is maybe different? Or when they complain how men only want sex yet your average girl can take home roughly 700 out of every 1000 male clubbers. Therefore sex is attainable whenever they actually desire it, unlike men.

I just think they take advantage of their sexual advantages without much thought.

There's all this backfiring about womens' rights and equal pay, not to be labelled as a housewife and to be included in football and so forth. But they don't give a damn about divorces and the unfair and inequal rights that men have to face. Infact they revel in the power they have in divorces, which is even worse. They don't care that they get free entry into clubs whereas men don't. So much for being 'equal'. Seems to me they want one rule for themselves, and another for men.

Respect works both ways and I just feel we live in a world where women generally seek a mans wealth and status and expect the man to be loyal, chivalrous and so forth and what are they offering in return? It's like they're only out for themselves.

I may get absolutely crucified by some for saying this, but I do think there is an element of truth in what you're saying, and something I agree with. For the scrawny thing? I personally have a thing for what I call 'slinky' guys (drool)

The club thing, i guess the saying 'if it helps you out, why question it' comes into play, no one likes to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I do feel sorry for the guys who pay full price, when having boobs sometimes means I get in for free.

The chivalry question is difficult. I'll happily pay my way when it comes to dates/drinks with guys, however many times i've offered to give money to the guy and it is greeted with offence, so sometimes I feel like I can't win.

At the end of the day, making sweeping, dogmatic generalisations about men or women is unrealistic and highly unfair, but I do have to say that I feel for you guys when sometimes you can't do right for doing wrong and vice versa.
But they don't give a damn about divorces and the unfair and inequal rights that men have to face. Infact they revel in the power they have in divorces, which is even worse

Maybe that's about to change...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158490/Mothers-deny-fathers-access-couple-s-children-break-jailed.html
They're girls you can never understand them -.-

Quick Reply