Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Rizzy J
lol wrote that communication needed and good infrastructure- transport

the wasteman question was asking the importance. i had no clue so just chatted
Reply 281
Original post by PPF
the wasteman question was asking the importance. i had no clue so just chatted

lol. overall i didn't do so great and didn't like it. wah bout u?
Reply 282
Original post by Rizzy J
i don't even remember. wrote half a page and ran out of time :mad:

i dont think i did too well man. lets hope that the grade boundaries will be low around 25 raw marks for an A* :tongue:
Reply 283
Original post by Rizzy J
lol. overall i didn't do so great and didn't like it. wah bout u?

same man :frown:
Reply 284
Original post by PPF
same man :frown:

waheva. ur answers are well good. i don't even know wah i wrote and i didn's answer the qs that well. Bet u, ur gonna come out with an A* lowest B. Lemme know on results day :wink:
Reply 285
Original post by Rizzy J
waheva. ur answers are well good. i don't even know wah i wrote and i didn's answer the qs that well. Bet u, ur gonna come out with an A* lowest B. Lemme know on results day :wink:

lol all i can do is pray now! kk sure, you too. and ill probs start a new unit 4 thread too. thats a killer
Reply 286
Original post by PPF
lol all i can do is pray now! kk sure, you too. and ill probs start a new unit 4 thread too. thats a killer

there's already a unit 4 thread. see you there :smile:
Reply 287
i wrote pretty similar stuff PPF!

for q8 about trans and communication i brought in the case study about the new Corridor X highway and easier to distribute to buyers as well as getting stuff from suppliers and potentially easier to outsource... horrible question so i just made it up as i went along haha.
Reply 288
This was the most difficult business paper I have ever sat by far!. As with every bus paper, time is very limited, and according to a previous examiner edexcel are well aware of the time issue, but then again that's why they don't bother with QOW throughout the whole paper.

I kept on writing more than what was needed in the first section which meant I had less time in section B and that was frustrating!

Question 8 was a killer :s-smilie: Spoke about the good roads meaning deliveries can be made easily and this would be useful for business who operate on JIT?

And communication I think i spoke about cultural things, have no idea if that's part of communiction though :s-smilie:

Is anyone working on 4B? And what's everyone talking about with the toyota thing, is that 4a??
Lol rizz and PPF, you guys are hardcore for staying up to 04:30 :biggrin:

First off, I Finished the paper! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I took the liberty of starting on section B, and just sunk in my chair when I started reading about the 'Western Balkans'? I never heard of that name, and worst of all I don't have a single clue about any business/manufacture in Eastern Europe.

I absolutely fluffed 8 on trans and comms, I think I mentioned JIT and Corridor X, but I can't even remember. It was just aweful - had not come across a question like that for the whole time doing this module. I think moderation will reflect this.

Section A was easy-mode for me because earlier in the year we spent an entire lesson looking at Mothercare, so application came like second nature. Shareholders stalled a bit, but i think the two points (6 marks each) I put were dividend yield reduction from increased expenditure into improving safety conditions, and... um, i think I just reworded it for my second point, so I don't even know what I'll get >_<

Also what was with the 'Line 10 Evidence C' bit? I thought the Business papers never make direct reference to the source material? I think theres been quite a large change of direction in the style of questioning this year, which will be reflected in the grade boundaries.

At the end I glanced over to see a lot of people with 1-2 pages blank for the 15 marker :s-smilie:
Reply 290
Original post by Chronoscon
Lol rizz and PPF, you guys are hardcore for staying up to 04:30 :biggrin:

First off, I Finished the paper! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I took the liberty of starting on section B, and just sunk in my chair when I started reading about the 'Western Balkans'? I never heard of that name, and worst of all I don't have a single clue about any business/manufacture in Eastern Europe.

I absolutely fluffed 8 on trans and comms, I think I mentioned JIT and Corridor X, but I can't even remember. It was just aweful - had not come across a question like that for the whole time doing this module. I think moderation will reflect this.

Section A was easy-mode for me because earlier in the year we spent an entire lesson looking at Mothercare, so application came like second nature. Shareholders stalled a bit, but i think the two points (6 marks each) I put were dividend yield reduction from increased expenditure into improving safety conditions, and... um, i think I just reworded it for my second point, so I don't even know what I'll get >_<

Also what was with the 'Line 10 Evidence C' bit? I thought the Business papers never make direct reference to the source material? I think theres been quite a large change of direction in the style of questioning this year, which will be reflected in the grade boundaries.

At the end I glanced over to see a lot of people with 1-2 pages blank for the 15 marker :s-smilie:

Hahha lol, woke up at half 3 to revie but PFF was awake till then. How was ur timing? I think most people stuggled with q8/9, was pretty confusing. Lucky u for doing the mothercare lesson..Let's pray for a low grade boundry
Original post by Rizzy J
Hahha lol, woke up at half 3 to revie but PFF was awake till then. How was ur timing? I think most people stuggled with q8/9, was pretty confusing. Lucky u for doing the mothercare lesson..Let's pray for a low grade boundry

Timing worked out alright - I started on section B, and by the time i had finished the 15 mark question, there were 35 minutes left (1 mark per minute for section A)

I would normally struggle on a mark a minute, but because I had done mothercare before, I just finished it with about 4 minutes to spare.

Then I started having a nose around to see where others were at :colone:

Definitely the hardest paper I have ever seen though.
Reply 292
I just realised that i messed up the 12 marker.
I put 1 analysis point along with evaluation. Was there supposed to be two points for analysis? Because then that would make a total of 4 points for 12 mark question just for analysing?
Reply 293
Actually in the mark scheme it says
-2 marks for K
-2 for Ap
-3 for An
-5 for E

So i think it would be like
1- k
1- ap
2- an
2- e
I treated the 12 marker as two 6 markers, but included evaluation and a conclusion (short and long term) for both.
Reply 295
I treated the 12 marker as two 6 markers, but included evaluation and a conclusion (short and long term) for both.

This is what I did. It was also responsible for wasting a lot of my time!! I think i spent nearly 20 mins on this.. I also thought transportation and communications question was the worst question i've ever heard - poorly phrased and could be interpreted in many ways.
Reply 296
what does everyone think about the grade boundaries, was an okayish paper some hard questions:frown:, had to miss out a question
Reply 297
Original post by PPF
Q1- cheap labour costs and high reputation
Q2- extend plc and spread risks
Q3- Local knowledge and shared costs/risks Evaluation Clash of corporate cultures, lost control/shared profits
Q4a- higher prices. evaluation- may be willing to pay more for more ethical products
4b- lower dividends- may increase in long run through lower ped and so premium prices, greater brand loyalty, conflicts between profit and ethics
Q5- infant industries and tax revenues
Q6- high unemployment and benefit from skills and tech transfer
Q7- geographic proximity is closer than asia so lower transport costs, cheaper labour evaluation- completlely forgot
Q8- TOO HARD
Q9-
Benefits
-economies of scale
-extend plc
-reduce costs
evaluation
-disparity of wealth in new member countries
-i think i talked about first mover advantage
-uk services wont benefit due to poor infrastructures
-could mean increased competition and cheaper imports for uk
- conclusion that it will overall be positive impact as in the double dip reccession uk is looking to develop new markets and cut down costs etc

Answers look good to me as long as you explained them well, we just have to cross our fingers now :L I cant even remember what I put for my answers now!
Did you attempt question 8? I think I wrote something lame like transport links are important to be considered because if they arent there could be "spoiled goods" or something like that.. I then struggled to evaluate and think of reasons that the transportation and communication isnt important!
Assess the extent to which Transport and Communications are important for businesses trading with Eastern Europe. [10 marks]

That was the exact wording as far as I remember. I think for evaluation, I was just countering my own application points by referencing corridor X.

Worst question ever - has never been asked before.
Reply 299
Assess the extent to which Transport and Communications are important for businesses trading with Eastern Europe. [10 marks]

That was the exact wording as far as I remember. I think for evaluation, I was just countering my own application points by referencing corridor X.

Worst question ever - has never been asked before.

ahh yes, I think i used that one - was that the one that said about "spoiling goods?" As far as i can remember, I said something like that the wages in the balkans are low (referenced the croatia stuff again) so therefore factors like the cost savings are more important than taking transport stuff into account... I don't expect many marks for that question, but I just tried to answer it as directly as I could and hope that they give me some marks for trying to apply it even with poorly constructed knowledge points!

Latest

Trending

Trending