The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4,C5,C6- June 15th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by flink
Also what did you guys put for the fuel cell question? The one where you had to choose from a list.

Reactants- Top box
Energy taken in- Middle box
Products- Bottom box.

I have my doubts about the second one I put though.
I felt pretty confident after the exam but now reading other people's answers I don't think I've done that well. The marks you don't get add up really quickly, so I'm quite nervous now!
Reply 122
Also, for the one about for H2 is converted into H+, what's the balanced symbol equation?

What was the answer to that?
Original post by JamesJJT
Reactants- Top box
Products- Bottom box.

Yeah, I got the same but I put energy given out instead oftaken in
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 124
Original post by xCharlotte
I felt pretty confident after the exam but now reading other people's answers I don't think I've done that well. The marks you don't get add up really quickly, so I'm quite nervous now!

Don't worry :smile: The grade boundaries tend to be much lower than you think, I'm sure you won't have lost that many. Just need to focus on that physics now huh? :P
Someone please upload an unofficial mark scheme.
Reply 126
Reactants- Top box
Products- Bottom box.

I did pretty much the same except I put reactants lose energy in the middle. Not sure though tbh :/
Original post by flink
I did pretty much the same except I put reactants lose energy in the middle. Not sure though tbh :/

I agree
Reply 128
Original post by zangorou
The calculation one? I swear it was more than that!

Yeah I got 24 but it was wrong because you had to convert the minutes to seconds or something in the calculation....
Any ideas of grade boundaries?
Original post by chelseafan
Any ideas of grade boundaries?

I think a* will be something like 48-50 and an a might be 37 or 38 but it's just guessing, I am pretty sure that the boundaries will go up though
Reply 131
Original post by Lilbixxie
I agree

Yeah I said lose energy too
-reactants
-lose energy
-products

I think...
Does anyone know the answer to the equations? Especially the h2 one
Original post by chelseafan
Anyone got physics on Wednesday?

yep ! P4 P5 P6? Dreading Higher paper! :frown:
Original post by kellyannpow
yep ! P4 P5 P6? Dreading Higher paper! :frown:

same! the whole of it confses me :frown:
Reply 135
Original post by tech10
Yeah I said lose energy too
-reactants
-lose energy
-products

I think...

This is correct as the reaction is exothermic, so energy is transferred to the surroundings (meaning the products themselves must give out/lose energy).
Reply 136
Original post by Lilbixxie
Does anyone know the answer to the equations? Especially the h2 one

H2 > 2H+ + 2e-
Don't worry :smile: The grade boundaries tend to be much lower than you think, I'm sure you won't have lost that many. Just need to focus on that physics now huh? :P

I'm aiming for an A so hopefully I'll get it! I got 86/100 for this exam last year and either a high A or an A* for my coursework (can't remember!) so I'm trying to get an A overall :biggrin:
I know you shouldn't blame your teacher, but my chemistry teacher was truly awful so bearing in mind that I had to teach myself most of the content, I think the exam was okay! Usually the grade boundaries aren't too high, so fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!! :biggrin:
Original post by xCharlotte
I know you shouldn't blame your teacher, but my chemistry teacher was truly awful so bearing in mind that I had to teach myself most of the content, I think the exam was okay! Usually the grade boundaries aren't too high, so fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!! :biggrin:

I know how you feel, our chemistry teacher was absent for about half of the year through no fault of his own and all they did was give us sheets to copy from which of course no one did as we had no teacher, but I don't think the test went to bad. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending