The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Bristol UWE Computing subjects...Anyone got an offer?

I'm a mature student and my application was submitted on the 05 Dec 2011...I have applied to a couple of courses at UWE...the main 2 being Forensic Computing and Computer Security. I was wondering if anyone had got any offers for these courses or courses from the same faculty?

Getting proper worried :confused: :frown:
Reply 1
I have applied to do Forensic Computing at UWE and I got a response fairly quickly?
Though I guess different ones take different amounts of time... if they haven't rejected then perhaps they're still in the process :smile:?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Are you a mature student?
Also when you get your response?
Reply 4
I applied for Games Technology in early January, got an offer not too long after luckily :smile:
i think the original cut off was November for applications... my son has had offers for 2 computer courses at UWE and 3 others. I think if you applied after the original cut off they have got longer to respond and have to consider offers they have already made, due to course capacity. As people start making firm and insurance acceptances places may be freed up. I think my son has to decide by the beginning of May, although I know he will decide soon. My sons offer is conditional on 280 UCAS points, and he is on target to achieve that.

We went in to visit today and they are combining the computer security and forensic course into one course, so that may be the delay... The lecturers seem nice too

My son is thinking of travelling in by train as the student village accomodation is pricey and they said it is likely to go up again for September...

Hope you hear soon, they will respond eventually... 1 of the courses we heard from within a few days the other we have only just heard from...
K thanks for your response. Just wish they'd hurry up and reply to me...getting ultra stressed!!!
Reply 7
I am classed as a Mature student, even though I'm not that old :P

Yes, I applied for Computer Security, and I have got an offer.
Reply 8
Hi Timmy,

I gave them a ring a few days ago, they're still proccesing through the bulk of applications, don't worry - they said everyone gets an equal chance.

Cheers.
BOOOMMMMMM unconditional offer to Forensic Computing :smile: :smile: Anyone heard about the courses being combined? I'd be well happy if they do because I want to study both!!!
I'm conditional for computing on 240 (i think) can't remember. I've already got 100 so im on target. I've put UWE as my Firm.
Applied for Games Technology, got my conditional around January (I think). Very hopeful after my exams that I'll get enough points, though I have heard from a number of people from my current sixth form who have relatives who were allowed through by UWE even though they missed their points requirement by a lot.
Original post by Timmymachine109
BOOOMMMMMM unconditional offer to Forensic Computing :smile: :smile: Anyone heard about the courses being combined? I'd be well happy if they do because I want to study both!!!

The courses will be combined.
Reply 13
Original post by ToxicCrusader
Applied for Games Technology, got my conditional around January (I think). Very hopeful after my exams that I'll get enough points, though I have heard from a number of people from my current sixth form who have relatives who were allowed through by UWE even though they missed their points requirement by a lot.

I applied for Games Technology too in around December and got a conditional in February I think it was.
Original post by EverSoNew
I am classed as a Mature student, even though I'm not that old :P

Yes, I applied for Computer Security, and I have got an offer.

Hello, could you tell me how was the master in UWE? is it a good master? practical? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest