The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
Original post by ofssinfoxes
EUCLID is University of Edinburgh, right?

Yeah, I firmed mine ages ago (some time in March?) but mine hasn't sent anything!!!

U must pay deposit then they will send u CAS letter. Unless u are on scholarship then u need to provide documents.
Anyway just contact them asap. London unis are supposed to process faster than the rest as they have more international students.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3461

Yeah, I firmed mine ages ago (some time in March?) but mine hasn't sent anything!!!

Oops...yea, it is Uni of Edinburgh so you have to access your own uni email.

Check with your admission office.

Original post by jonobebe
U must pay deposit then they will send u CAS letter. Unless u are on scholarship then u need to provide documents.
Anyway just contact them asap. London unis are supposed to process faster than the rest as they have more international students.

I did not pay anything. Hmm, perhaps different uni has different criteria.
Reply 3462
Original post by kenryou

I did not pay anything. Hmm, perhaps different uni has different criteria.

So good... I applied for visa yesterday too. Have u book your appointment?

Reply 3463

I firmed mine in March too and haven't received anything! I emailed the uni and they said it'll come around end July :frown:

Reply 3464
Original post by Cristocracy
Sheffield anyone?

Me too! What will you be studying? :smile:

Reply 3465
Original post by DuckaDore
I'm headed to Sheffield this sept! Any1 headed the same way? First post! :smile:

Same! What will you be studying?

Original post by Yvette.T
I firmed mine in March too and haven't received anything! I emailed the uni and they said it'll come around end July :frown:

Ugh... So annoying. I wish they would at least send me an unofficial copy of the CAS so I can get other things started.

That said, anyone applying to defer reservists? How does that work?

Original post by Yvette.T
Same! What will you be studying?

Law
Hi! Does anyone know when will UCAS 2013 be open?
hey finally see u back here again... great to see someone going to study the same subject as me. are u going to bring sewing machine over?

im not sure really! my sewing machine is from japan and it's really heavy, plus i dont know if i can get the correct bobbins for it and im worried about the voltage.
it's gonna cost a bomb there right?
ive heard about the facilities in school too.. so im not sure! u?
Reply 3470
Original post by r.a.i.n.e.
im not sure really! my sewing machine is from japan and it's really heavy, plus i dont know if i can get the correct bobbins for it and im worried about the voltage.
it's gonna cost a bomb there right?
ive heard about the facilities in school too.. so im not sure! u?

is your machine industrial or portable?
yeah i guess so but i haven't been to the place yet so i don't know about the cost. currently done with pretty much of the preparation works and i got to say that i really felt guilty every time i need to spend money, i felt so bad for my parents...
there would definitely be facilities in school, but i just wonder if i should bring my own machine over in case of times where i need to catch up with work.
Reply 3471
So good... I applied for visa yesterday too. Have u book your appointment?

I went on Friday too! My appointment was at 10am but I reached at 9.15am. Was asked to loiter around somewhere else? Were you there at this timing too? I will have to re-appoint my appointment tomorrow because I have applied 3days early =.=""

Ugh... So annoying. I wish they would at least send me an unofficial copy of the CAS so I can get other things started.

That said, anyone applying to defer reservists? How does that work?

You don't defer from reservists. You apply for exit permit, if you missed your reservist cycle a number of times, they might put you in mindef reserve.
Reply 3472
Original post by kenryou
I went on Friday too! My appointment was at 10am but I reached at 9.15am. Was asked to loiter around somewhere else? Were you there at this timing too? I will have to re-appoint my appointment tomorrow because I have applied 3days early =.=""

i only submit my online application on friday. my appointment will be on the 27th june as i can't make it this week.
u are only allowed to reach 10 mins before your appointment.

so they calculate exact 3 months before your date of departure or uni start date?
Reply 3473
Hey guys, i have received my CAS number from my uni but the information a bit wrong. The sequence of my name is different from my passport. E.g my full name on passport is Tan Ah Beng but when i apply ucas because of the first name and last name thingy it becomes Ah Beng Tan, therefore they put in my CAS information name as Ah Beng Tan.....but does it matter? will it affect my visa application if i leave as it is?

Lastly can i confirm that due to singapore being a low risk country we do not need to bring supporting documents for our visa interview? as according to the link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/evidence/

Thanks!
Reply 3474
Original post by polar88
Hey guys, i have received my CAS number from my uni but the information a bit wrong. The sequence of my name is different from my passport. E.g my full name on passport is Tan Ah Beng but when i apply ucas because of the first name and last name thingy it becomes Ah Beng Tan, therefore they put in my CAS information name as Ah Beng Tan.....but does it matter? will it affect my visa application if i leave as it is?

Lastly can i confirm that due to singapore being a low risk country we do not need to bring supporting documents for our visa interview? as according to the link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/evidence/

Thanks!

The sequence of my name on ucas and cas letter differs from my passport too. so far it has been ok because singapore is a low risk country and they give out the visas according to our passport. the main important thing is that your passport number on the cas letter must match with your passport. if u have renewed your passport, go and get a sponsors note from your uni.
if your cas do not require u to bring specific documents, then it is alright. just bring passport, passport size photo, appendix 8 form filled up. the rest, u can call up vfs and double check with them.
Reply 3475
Wow! that was quick....Thanks Jonobebe!
Reply 3476
Original post by polar88
Wow! that was quick....Thanks Jonobebe!

Haha, just happen to be around.. :biggrin:
The sequence of my name on ucas and cas letter differs from my passport too. so far it has been ok because singapore is a low risk country and they give out the visas according to our passport. the main important thing is that your passport number on the cas letter must match with your passport. if u have renewed your passport, go and get a sponsors note from your uni.
if your cas do not require u to bring specific documents, then it is alright. just bring passport, passport size photo, appendix 8 form filled up. the rest, u can call up vfs and double check with them.

What does that mean?
Reply 3478
What does that mean?

i renewed my passport recently as the expiry date of my old passport is in 2015, whereas my course will only end in 2016. i did this because i don't want the hassle of traveling to the embassy in london when my passport expired (in 2015) to get the visa reapplied to my new passport (if i renew at that time).

as my cas letter was issued before my new passport is done, it contains my old passport number. let's say E1234567A.
after i renewed my passport, my passport number changed to E7654321Z.

so i scan in my new passport biometric info page, mail to the uni, and tell them i renewed my passport and my passport number is changed.
the uni will notify UKBA and also issue u a sponsor's note.

the note is for the visa agency people to know that your passport number has been changed, and that your uni have verified your identity. so they will go check with the info that your uni notified the UKBA, once it matches, tadah!!! u are safe.

if u don't have a sponsor's note, and/or never notify your uni if your passport number has been changed, then your visa won't be approved.
i renewed my passport recently as the expiry date of my old passport is in 2015, whereas my course will only end in 2016. i did this because i don't want the hassle of traveling to the embassy in london when my passport expired (in 2015) to get the visa reapplied to my new passport (if i renew at that time).

as my cas letter was issued before my new passport is done, it contains my old passport number. let's say E1234567A.
after i renewed my passport, my passport number changed to E7654321Z.

so i scan in my new passport biometric info page, mail to the uni, and tell them i renewed my passport and my passport number is changed.
the uni will notify UKBA and also issue u a sponsor's note.

the note is for the visa agency people to know that your passport number has been changed, and that your uni have verified your identity. so they will go check with the info that your uni notified the UKBA, once it matches, tadah!!! u are safe.

if u don't have a sponsor's note, and/or never notify your uni if your passport number has been changed, then your visa won't be approved.

Thanks for the kind explanations. I haven't "received" my CAS (does it come via post?), but my school sent me an email with the CAS number, as well as a few other details they said I might need to apply for the visa. Thing is, I had recently gotten a new passport, and I did update my university (although no scanned images... just typed up the information), but the email I received does not contain my passport information. Hence, I cannot check whether my university has updated my passport information prior to drafting this CAS, or I will need this "sponsor's note":s-smilie:

Either way, does this "sponsor's note" come through post?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest