The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Da CorrupteD KiD
You make me feel so grateful for still being a student on a summer break.

Good luck with work tomorrow!

the worst part is that I am a student on a summer break.
Original post by seanfromtheblock
the worst part is that I am a student on a summer break.

:tongue: Woops. Then lucky you for getting a full time (paid) job for the summer! I can do with some pocket money instead of spending so much on baking stuff.
Original post by Mad Vlad
£13000-15000 is probably more realistic.

1993 Yale College tuition was $18,630 and now it's 43,200, Brown and Dartmouth are around the same...so. :tongue:

Original post by Da CorrupteD KiD
Why would adoption fee apply when I'm the father of the child? I don't really like the idea of employing an egg donor whom I know, it's a bit odd for her to see me bringing up 'her' child don't you think? I have a feeling I'm so going to be like a typical asian parent making sure my kids learn all the languages known to man and play at least ten musical instruments. And to be the youngest person ever to gain 3 michelin stars while still at school. :cool:

Actually, I will love them and make sure they grow up as happy as possible with no undue pressure.

Yeah but the other "father" is not biologically the father of the child (that is if you're having a child as a couple) so he needed to legally adopt the child. Also, same states don't recognize "gay adoption" so oftentimes the other father has to settle for a guardianship.
Haha I'm worried because probably I won't be strict enough as a parent so my kids would probably slack off.

Original post by mmmpie
In the UK commercial surrogacy is illegal. Surrogates are not allowed to charge for the use of their uterus - potentially a big cost saving.

Is it? But probably people still do it anyway, yeah? But what if the parents want to compensate the surrogate? I mean how strict is the law?
Original post by The Fez
1993 Yale College tuition was $18,630 and now it's 43,200, Brown and Dartmouth are around the same...so. :tongue:

Yeah but the other "father" is not biologically the father of the child (that is if you're having a child as a couple) so he needed to legally adopt the child. Also, same states don't recognize "gay adoption" so oftentimes the other father has to settle for a guardianship.
Haha I'm worried because probably I won't be strict enough as a parent so my kids would probably slack off.

Is it? But probably people still do it anyway, yeah? But what if the parents want to compensate the surrogate? I mean how strict is the law?

Mmm... perhaps I'm naively thinking that the government wouldn't even consider increasing the maximum limit for tuition fees any further - I've just applied a 2-3% inflationary increase over that period.
Mmm... perhaps I'm naively thinking that the government wouldn't even consider increasing the maximum limit for tuition fees any further - I've just applied a 2-3% inflationary increase over that period.

Most US colleges (private ones) have around 4-6% tuition hikes per year...it's a bit insane. But it's actually not as bad as it sounds, as they have better financial aid and more endowments for grants, so only about 10-15% pay the full price. It's actually really fair. :h:
Oh **** me. Predicted to be 37C in Washington on Thursday. :colonhash:

I don't like heat.
Reply 3986
Original post by Feartheunknown
HAAAA This really made me LOL! Do you have a phobia of public restrooms or something?:confused:

Um, no... :s:
Pretty sure I'm a reptile. Spent all weekend having the piss taken out of me for sitting around shivering violently because there was a mild breeze. Now I'm in my living room, frantically fanning myself to try to cool off because the ambient temperature is just slightly on the warm side.

O hai there, omnipotent creator. I can haz thermoregulatory systems please?
Oh **** me. Predicted to be 37C in Washington on Thursday. :colonhash:

I don't like heat.

D.C. or the state? Fun! What are you doing there? :h:
I also don't like heat (if I'm not on a beach or by a pool)
Original post by The Fez
D.C. or the state? Fun! What are you doing there? :h:
I also don't like heat (if I'm not on a beach or by a pool)

D.C. - I'm there on business again.
Reply 3990
Original post by Liam_G

What have I just watched. :lolwut:
Reply 3992
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by thurin

Image no worky.
If we were to suddenly switch to using Base 16 , it wouldn't actually be base "16" at all because the number 16 is itself a product of the base 10 system. We'd have to invent 7 new numbers to come after 9.

I actually just woke up from dozing with that thought. I really need a life.
Original post by Terpsikhore
If we were to suddenly switch to using Base 16 , it wouldn't actually be base "16" at all because the number 16 is itself a product of the base 10 system. We'd have to invent 7 new numbers to come after 9.

I actually just woke up from dozing with that thought. I really need a life.

I sit looking at screens like this all day for a job:

and I don't have thoughts about this.

Hexadecimal would be a Base10 numbering scheme if we lived in a hexadecimal world, btw. :awesome:
I sit looking at screens like this all day for a job:

and I don't have thoughts about this.

Hexadecimal would be a Base10 numbering scheme if we lived in a hexadecimal world, btw. :awesome:

Now I think about it, so it would. Mind=blown.

You likely don't think about it because you understand it; I don't know anything about how numbers work, so I spend my time wondering and trying to puzzle it out in my head. Thanks to my little sleepy epiphany, I'm now wide awake and trying to read about hexadecimal.
Reply 3997
Image no worky.

Odd - how about now?
Reply 3998
Works now.

I want these heels!

Original post by Terpsikhore
Now I think about it, so it would. Mind=blown.

You likely don't think about it because you understand it; I don't know anything about how numbers work, so I spend my time wondering and trying to puzzle it out in my head. Thanks to my little sleepy epiphany, I'm now wide awake and trying to read about hexadecimal.

I pity you haha. Hex is one of those things that will slowly drive you insane :tongue: I do love it so...

In other news, cellular data connections on commuter trains are ****. Poor show really.

Latest