The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mally1
Also.. What do you guys think of me watching Fairy Tail?
I watched 60 eps in 2 weeks. I hope to catch up really soon.

All of my anime buds are telling me its a mistake, and are extremely biased against it even though they haven't watched the series, or given it a chance!

I'm not watching Fairy Tail myself, but assuming you like the series (enough to watch 60 eps in two weeks, at least), how can it be a mistake? I've only heard good things from the people I know who're up to date with it. :yes:
Reply 3441
Saw the first ep of that basketball anime (yes Aiko a sport anime:hmmm:)... I forget its name.:hmmmm: I quite liked it. :smile: Was quite dramatic at times in a good shonen/sport way.:giggle:
Original post by Mally1

Also.. What do you guys think of me watching Fairy Tail?
I watched 60 eps in 2 weeks. I hope to catch up really soon.

All of my anime buds are telling me its a mistake, and are extremely biased against it even though they haven't watched the series, or given it a chance!

Those people clearly know nothing and should be ignored.:hmmm: I myself was watching it weekly but stopped around ep 60 for no particular reason.:hmmmm: There wasnt anything wrong with it. Was quite good at times. :smile:
My blog poll ended in a tie, so I've started both Koi Kaze and Pretear. So far, I'm enjoying watching both - Koi Kaze's slow pacing, light colours and (relatively) serious tone is the complete opposite of the bright, crazy and fun Pretear, and I enjoy such variation. :yes:
Reply 3443
Sweet! Thanks alot for restoring my anime confidence in SHOUNEN!
Reply 3444
Original post by AngryJellyfish
My blog poll ended in a tie, so I've started both Koi Kaze and Pretear. So far, I'm enjoying watching both - Koi Kaze's slow pacing, light colours and (relatively) serious tone is the complete opposite of the bright, crazy and fun Pretear, and I enjoy such variation. :yes:

Both anime what you have started seem really really interesting.
I myself don't particually watch animes with love stories *wimp*. But I do appreciate them!

Pretear seems like an anime what has caught my eye!
I will put it on my plan to watch on MAL.
Just found out Eureka Seven AO didn't air this week... keeping a weekly episode ranking is hard when the series' keep on going off and doing their own thing. :p: It'll be chaos at the gap between this season and the next!
same with naruto :cry:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Wandering Son and Ano Hana are both noitaminA shows though - it's more unusual for series in that slot to have over 11 episodes (or 22 if they're double length). Though according to ANN, Sakamichi no Apollon is getting 12.

oh right ok fair enough :p:

Original post by vin
AP has those :hmmm:

:ditto:, though I've barely used them aside from when I first joined, and when I want to report a mistake in the database. :p: They seem pretty active, though.

the forum on AP just feels a bit distant from the profiles and i have to make a separate account for it :s-smilie: while on MAL it feels more snug :p: and each anime got its own sub forum which i like :yes:

It made its way onto my want to watch list years ago, but I never actually got around to it. :s: Can't remember whether I simply couldn't find it, or whether I downloaded it and put it on the hard drive that ended up breaking, it'd be something like that. Either way, I suddenly remembered about it and put it back on the list. :yes:

ah right, good to hear youre enjoying it :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3447
Original post by vin
Saw the first ep of that basketball anime (yes Aiko a sport anime:hmmm:)... I forget its name.:hmmmm: I quite liked it. :smile: Was quite dramatic at times in a good shonen/sport way.:giggle:

I found this enjoyable myself, but decided to put it on hold due to the lack of time, and I already had my diet of sport with Area no Kishi. :smile:
Reply 3448
F/Z 24

Spoiler

Reply 3449
I'm going to finish watching the last episode of Ikkotousen now, then watch F/Z 24.
ANIME!!!!

Fairy Tail 72.
Reply 3450
F/Z 24.. Just wow..
I'm with the previous posters on F/Z ep 24, just amazing :headfire:
I'm struggling to fully appreciate the awesomeness of the most recent Fate/Zero episode for the reasons already covered by Carecup. :sadnod: Definitely a few too many unanswered questions, at least for someone not familiar with the source material. :s:
Reply 3453
Original post by Carecup
F/Z 24

Spoiler

Spoiler

That's what I got out of it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3454
Original post by Carecup
F/Z 24

Spoiler

Just watched it, so I'll give you my piece.

Strong spoilers, even for people who've seen the episode.

Spoiler

Ufotable got a lot to sort out for the Blu-Ray releases. The episode was a visual treat and I did enjoy it for that, just like the UBW movie, that's about it. They didn't quite get across Kerry and Kotomine's fight down properly either. I can only hope they fill in some gaps next episode, but I doubt it due to time restraints.

Edit: Anyway, it's time to catch up on a 3 week dose of Hyouka.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3455
I felt F/Z ep 24 tried to put too much of the story into one episode but,

Spoiler

Reply 3456
Original post by N0body

Spoiler

That was sooo cute!

cute!

You wouldn't happen to be a close relation of this girl would you?
Reply 3457
So, after catching up on the last 4 episodes of Hyouka, it's good to see things actually get going, because the start of the series was pretty slow and episode 5 in particular was quite mundane, to be honest. With that said, the last two episodes have been nice, building up a mystery over a few episodes rather than being standalone.

I forgot how much of a visual treat the show is. The animation, particularly in episode 8, is second to none.

And this week's Aquarion Evol :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3458
Good news that Dragon Medaka Box is getting a second season. With one episode remaining, I was concerned that the anime adaptation would end when it was just getting started.
Original post by Tabris
So, after catching up on the last 4 episodes of Hyouka, it's good to see things actually get going, because the start of the series was pretty slow and episode 5 in particular was quite mundane, to be honest. With that said, the last two episodes have been nice, building up a mystery over a few episodes rather than being standalone.

I forgot how much of a visual treat the show is. The animation, particularly in episode 8, is second to none.

And this week's Aquarion Evol :awesome:

Hyouka did pick up after a certain point but I found out that since

Spoiler

it just went downhill and is now starting to have more dull episodes with too much talking. I'm still watching it since they might be saving something more after a few episodes (it's kyoani after all) and of course the visuals. But for now, it's just another club anime with characters that take clubs a bit too seriously.

Latest