The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by Laertes
I don't know. I'm sure I did. Probably.

Anyway, my point is, cake should not involve fruit or vegetables and I expected better from you, Liam.

It totally should :hand: The fruits and vegetables provide a façade of healthiness, allowing you to trick yourself into believing that you're somehow contributing to your 5-a-day. Moar slices, less guilt.

Carrot cake gets so much hate and it makes me sad ;__;

Chocolate cake is the worst of all cake. Discuss.
Reply 4041
... And nobody discussed :emo:
So looking forward to Opera next year :awesome:
Reply 4043
Original post by Liam_G

Original post by Liam_G
... And nobody discussed :emo:

I'm trying to suppress my rage :unimpressed:
Reply 4044
Original post by Laertes
I'm trying to suppress my rage :unimpressed:

Don't be harbouring rage, it just means that at the meet there'd be more of the inferior cakes left for you :bigsmile:
Reply 4045
Fruit provides the cherry on the cake - literally.
Just popping in to say hi... I'm gay & an lgbt thread seems appropriate.. haha
Reply 4047
Original post by hallucinated

Hello! :wavey:

Fill in the questionnaire, talk to us about cake, stay forever etc. etc.
Original post by Liam_G
Hello! :wavey:

Fill in the questionnaire, talk to us about cake, stay forever etc. etc.

Ooh, didn't think to look at the first post XD let me see...
Reply 4049
Original post by Liam_G
Don't be harbouring rage, it just means that at the meet there'd be more of the inferior cakes left for you :bigsmile:

Good point. More (good) cake for me...
1. What's your name?
Leanne / Lea
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?
Not really, just chatting to fellow lgbt's!
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
Female
5. What's your sexual orientation?
Gay/Lesbian (usually prefer to say gay, people seem to react a little more to the word 'lesbian', even I do!
6. How long have you known your orientation?
Since I was about 13 I think? Can't remember the actual moment/period that I realised though.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?
Not really. I'm not butch, not femme, just average girl.. used to be 'alternative'-ish but now I'm just a mix between everything.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?
A little in school, I got pushed around and verbally abused by those in my year/younger than me etc.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?
Since I was 14, my mum at first wasn't the best about it but soon stood up for me, I was in high school so people were quite abusive at times, but generally I found a lot of support. There was one girl who was friends with everyone- the popular, the geeks, the in betweens, so if anyone had anything to say they'd respect her and take step back and actually think about it instead of following others.
10. Do you know many LGBT people?
A few! I don't frequent the gay bars often, though I've just moved back in with my mum and there aren't really any here. Used to live in Leicester and know a lot of people there& that work at the gay venues.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?
Not really. Mainly because I'm a shy person, I'm not good with people/conversations etc.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?
Only gay pride, about 3 times in my home city but missed it for the last 2-3 years. Can't wait to be back there this year!
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically?
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?
No I'm not- last relationship was for 13 months, devastated when she broke up with me but it's been about 18 months now and hey I'm ready for someone else. Just need to find that someone...
15. What do you look for in a partner?
Never good at these questions.. someone who can be patient with me, who doesn't mind me being quiet at first, and then can't shut me up when we're close. Someone who isn't too wild and clubbing every other night (though open to be influenced), a bit geeky, and generally polite, sweet. I love lisps!
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?
Yes, with two girlfriends, the first I though I didn't like sex at all but the second I was blown away haha. There's someone I was interested since I was about 14 and we had some 'fun' but it was a drunken event that's a little blurry..
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?
Not fully. I've kissed guys, but not been attracted to them- someone tried to sleep with me but I said no, he was creepy and said he was practically a lesbian because of this, and that, but he just wanted to say he'd got with a lesbian that is all.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?
Not really, used to go to the gay places in Leicester but that's about it. I need to try out Leeds, but I'm not a clubbing girl..
19. Name some fit famous people.
Eva Green, Ellen Page, Anna Skellern, Tegan Quin
20. Show us your picture?
Maybe when I find a good one! :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Liam_G
It totally should :hand: The fruits and vegetables provide a façade of healthiness, allowing you to trick yourself into believing that you're somehow contributing to your 5-a-day. Moar slices, less guilt.

mmm carrot cake. :coma: Chocolate cake is the ruin of cake. The stuff is vile.

Original post by hallucinated

:hi: Welcome to the thread. :h:
How has your day been?
Original post by Da CorrupteD KiD
I like the spontaneity of the bit about the insect bite on your foot. :biggrin: I chose spontaneity because I didn't know the noun for random. :rolleyes:

By the way I've got flour on my feet and my slippers because I have been on a croissant baking marathon over the last two days. I think I'm addicted to making them. ESPECIALLY when they're fully proofed, so plump, puffy and jiggly. :colone: And occasionally I have this evil thought of squashing them just so I could hear the gas escaping. Muahahaha

My god...you can make croissants?! *drools*
I am also one of those people who loves to bake but rarely eats that much of my baked goods. I usually just bake for other people. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth these days.

Original post by Liam_G
If anyone ever made me carrot cake I would love them forever.

Carrot cake is king of cakes.

Original post by Liam_G

I make a pretty good carrot cake, if I do say so myself. Jamaican style, wonderfully moist (helped by liberal application of spiced rum), with a pineapple cream cheese icing.

Chocolate cake is waaaay too sickly, it's horrible. I only ever make two chocolate cakes, my secret recipe 'Chocolate cherry kirsch sponge with cherry brandy buttercream', or this vegan raspberry blackout cake. They're not that chocolatey, but I've received many compliments over them. I think my crowning glory was the sangria bundt cake though. So much fruit. So much wine. So moist!
Original post by twinlensreflex
My god...you can make croissants?! *drools*

It's the result of too much time to spare. :smile:

But I do find it really therapeutic and fun to make my own croissants. There may be some good quality frozen croissants in the better supermarkets but knowing you've made your own somehow makes them just that more pleasant to eat. Plus I can adjust the salt and sugar content to suit my personal taste.

My breakfast croissants are indeed proofing away beside my radiator atm.
Original post by Revd. Mike
I am also one of those people who loves to bake but rarely eats that much of my baked goods. I usually just bake for other people. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth these days.

I make a pretty good carrot cake, if I do say so myself. Jamaican style, wonderfully moist (helped by liberal application of spiced rum), with a pineapple cream cheese icing.

Chocolate cake is waaaay too sickly, it's horrible. I only ever make two chocolate cakes, my secret recipe 'Chocolate cherry kirsch sponge with cherry brandy buttercream', or this vegan raspberry blackout cake. They're not that chocolatey, but I've received many compliments over them. I think my crowning glory was the sangria bundt cake though. So much fruit. So much wine. So moist!

Wow another baker in this thread! You seem to have an inclination for booze filled cakes. Sangria bundt sounds really nice though, it's one of my favourite drinks after all.
Original post by Liam_G

Here's me making you feel better. I love carrot cakes. Honest. It's one of my mum's favourites too!

I actually like the idea of adding fruits and veg to cakes, it somehow adds a touch of freshness to an otherwise heavy and dense cake. And I agree on the five a day illusion.

I really should learn how to use the multi-quote function more or the system's gonna think I'm a spammer!
I do occasionally bake (although it's mostly cakes and biscuits, and I only bake for occasions)

Going to attempt to make mixed berry sorbet, wish me luck :eek:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
I hopeless at baking :frown: I'm pretty good at actual cooking though.
Someone kill me I am on 3 night shifts in a row :frown: They're 12 and a half hours long each :s-smilie: I'd like the time to bake! :P