The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Do we need to know the anatomy and functions of different parts of the eyeball? There's lots of diagrams of it in the books but it's not actually on the spec. Has it come up in past papers before?
Reply 3621
Original post by britchick
Do we need to know the anatomy and functions of different parts of the eyeball? There's lots of diagrams of it in the books but it's not actually on the spec. Has it come up in past papers before?

im not sure the answer but i wouldnt go by whats been on past papers coz theres a limited supply of our syllabus and theres only 6qs per paper so its not gonna be like maths/chem where they ask the same stuff...annoyingly :/
Reply 3622
Original post by britchick

no u dnt really have to learn that!
all what u have to knw about the eye is the rods and cones in details and the eye labelling is known from the o levels but it didnt come up in any exam before.....
Reply 3623
Original post by ghogho
did u try the download the free trial of media fire!

yeaah but still wont let me do it i think its because i havent got the programme that lets me view the files! Im trying to get hold of an old teacher to see if they can email it to me, the idea of going into that exam without doing all of the past papers makes me panick haha!
Reply 3624
Original post by 8551amy
yeaah but still wont let me do it i think its because i havent got the programme that lets me view the files! Im trying to get hold of an old teacher to see if they can email it to me, the idea of going into that exam without doing all of the past papers makes me panick haha!

aha okay
if u want u can send me ur email and i will email to u the pdf copy i have :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dixie
im not sure the answer but i wouldnt go by whats been on past papers coz theres a limited supply of our syllabus and theres only 6qs per paper so its not gonna be like maths/chem where they ask the same stuff...annoyingly :/

Eurgh I HATE how there's the whole article thingy, and that it takes up a whole 1/3 of the paper. Was looking through my AS notes which are all rubbish! Think I'm gonna concentrate mostly on the proper Unit 5 stuff. What proportion of Unit 1/2/4 stuff do they ask in the article section compared to Unit 5 questions in the article section, do you know?

Original post by ghogho
no u dnt really have to learn that!
all what u have to knw about the eye is the rods and cones in details and the eye labelling is known from the o levels but it didnt come up in any exam before.....

Okay good that's what I was thinking! Thanks
Reply 3626
Original post by ghogho
aha okay
if u want u can send me ur email and i will email to u the pdf copy i have :smile:

its [email protected]
thankyou sooooooooooo much!! do you have the mark scheme aswel by any chance ??
Reply 3627
pple im starting to get angry and boared of studying :s-smilie: and still got alooooot to do :X
wat on earth am i supose to do :mad:
Reply 3628
Original post by 8551amy
its [email protected]
thankyou sooooooooooo much!! do you have the mark scheme aswel by any chance ??

ya i will send u the qu ppr the markschem and the examiner report :smile:
wish that u will be able to know :smile:
I don't even know how to revise for Unit 5 now! especially after the that unit 4 exam. if they don't ask me about biology in the unit 5 exam i swear edexcel has some explaining to do. because i revised hardcore for the unit 4 exam remembering details behind the biology part of it...and that paper was just a mess.
Reply 3630
Original post by priyapatel
I don't even know how to revise for Unit 5 now! especially after the that unit 4 exam. if they don't ask me about biology in the unit 5 exam i swear edexcel has some explaining to do. because i revised hardcore for the unit 4 exam remembering details behind the biology part of it...and that paper was just a mess.

forget about unit 4 and concentrate on unit 5 be optimistic and do ur duties
and im sure they exam will be okay :biggrin:
Reply 3631
just wanted to let you guys no that ive managed to finally get the file open on pdf, so if anybody needs it in that format let me no and i can send it to u
Reply 3632
Original post by 8551amy
just wanted to let you guys no that ive managed to finally get the file open on pdf, so if anybody needs it in that format let me no and i can send it to u

what file?
Reply 3633
Original post by wam-bam
what file?

hahahah jan 12
Reply 3634
Original post by ghogho
hahahah jan 12

oh okay, thanks no worries
Reply 3635
Original post by 8551amy

Finaaaaaaallly ;D
Reply 3636
over the mooon!!
Reply 3637
Original post by ghogho
im actually crying from NOW!!!!!!!!!! : ((
can u imagine that i just figured out that i had incomplete notes and there are new important notes im must learn NW plus i have to solve the pastpapers and practice on the article and read the examiner reports
i totally dnt know when to do all that ????????????!!!!!!!!!!

oh btw h was ur exam yesterday?:smile:

I will send you some notes tomorrow. They are complete and according the spec.
Don't worry. I hope this exam goes well for all of you. You guys remind me of the days when I was preparing for this exam last year - got 116/120 and then got it remarked and it increased to 118/120!

Any tips or help needed, feel free to quote me. I will also post up some scientific article preparation tips. I hope you guys have got some predicted questions. Last year, we found an extensive set of notes online by Sir Valentine Redden (I don't know who he is but, he is an awesome biology teacher) and most of the questions in the exam were similar to them! Try to search some predicted questions by Sir V. Redden.
Reply 3638
Original post by M Kh
Don't worry. I hope this exam goes well for all of you. You guys remind me of the days when I was preparing for this exam last year - got 116/120 and then got it remarked and it increased to 118/120!

Any tips or help needed, feel free to quote me. I will also post up some scientific article preparation tips. I hope you guys have got some predicted questions. Last year, we found an extensive set of notes online by Sir Valentine Redden (I don't know who he is but, he is an awesome biology teacher) and most of the questions in the exam were similar to them! Try to search some predicted questions by Sir V. Redden.

dyu know what raw mark you got??
and i really dont know how to revise for the pre release coz theres so many questions on here that people have suggested but ive got limited time and so kinda confused about the best way to revise and get the best grade, lol i need like 113 in this exam :/
Reply 3639
Original post by M Kh

Hey :smile: 118/120 is amazing well done! Did you firstly memorise everything then do past papers? Is the only way to prepare for the pre release guessing and answering questions? Finally (sorry about the questions lol) did you go over units 1, 2 and 4 before the exam? I feel like I need to do all of the above but wont have enough time before friday! :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending