The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

All booked to go and see The Dark Knight Rises on IMAX in July. Never seen a film on IMAX before so looking forward to the experience.
This level of hype for the Dark Knight Rises is not healthy. Don't let me down, Nolan. Don't want another Prometheus. :moon:
Reply 6802
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
This level of hype for the Dark Knight Rises is not healthy. Don't let me down, Nolan. Don't want another Prometheus. :moon:

Did you really dislike Prometheus that much? It gave me everything I wanted.
Original post by aja89

I really liked Prometheus but I didn't feel it delivered on what it promised. It just could have been so much more. It fell abysmally short of a masterpiece.
Reply 6804
I really liked Prometheus but I didn't feel it delivered on what it promised. It just could have been so much more. It fell abysmally short of a masterpiece.

I think I have less problems with it because I managed to read/watch basically nothing about it before I went to see it.
Reply 6805
Original post by aja89

That's what she sai-. Oh, wait.

I'm looking forward to Dark Knight Rises more so than many other films, but I think the level of enthusiasm is a bit too intense; i.e. already planning to watch it ten times in the cinema.
I just met William Friedkin, the legend behind The French Connection, The Exorcist and many others (well, when I say met I mean I was sat mere feet away from him). He is such a fantastic man.
Reply 6807
Original post by zjs
That's what she sai-. Oh, wait.

I welcome all comers. :sexface:
Reply 6808
10 times is a bit of an exaggeration :colondollar: (unless it does end up being that good :p: )
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was ridiculously bad. At least it had Idris Elba and some hot chick.
Reply 6810
I know, one of the WORST films I have ever seen.
The same can be said of around half of Nicholas Cage's film catalogue.
Half is generous, in my opinion.
Reply 6813
I liked National Treasure :colondollar: But the rest.... :lol:
Reply 6814
I wastched Dr Strangelove, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Atomic Bomb last night; it's jumped right up to my group of favourite movies. One of the most entertaining things I've watched. :biggrin:

Original post by soup
New teaser for The Master, second most anticipated film of the year (first being TDKR).

It doesn't seem to be working now. Fake/illegally leaked? :erm:

I'd say The Master is pretty easily my most anticipated of the year, tbh.

dothestrand
I just met William Friedkin, the legend behind The French Connection, The Exorcist and many others (well, when I say met I mean I was sat mere feet away from him). He is such a fantastic man.

:gasp: Lucky you! I need to watch The French Connection again. :sogood:
The same can be said of around half of Nicholas Cage's film catalogue.

at least he'll leave us with one truly great youtube compilation.

[video="youtube;xP1-oquwoL8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8[/video]

hahaha nicholas cage

mort de rire
Reply 6816
Original post by Mister Dead
at least he'll leave us with one truly great youtube compilation.

And a you dont say meme ><
Original post by ManBeast
All booked to go and see The Dark Knight Rises on IMAX in July. Never seen a film on IMAX before so looking forward to the experience.

Make sure your body is ready.
Reply 6818
Wait, what is Master? :colondollar: I haven't even heard of it :lol:
Reply 6819
Going to see Red Lights tonight, I'm a sucker for Sigourney.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending