The Student Room Group

Guys: Do you do this after sex.

On Saturday night I slept with someone that I've hooked up with a few times before, I bumped into them on a night out and invited them back to mine. We had sex both in the night and in the morning. In the night he had his arm round me after we'd finished and after we finished in the morning I lay next to him but there was a bit of space.

Basically, we were laying on our backs talking about films and books and then he just grabbed my hand at one point and just started holding it, then after a bit he left saying he wished he could stay with me but he had to go revise. I'm just curious to know whether guys actually like holding hands and cuddling after sex with girls they just hook up with. I found it a bit odd because I generally only do it with people I care about, and it just seemed so weird to be lying there holding hands, or maybe I'm just odd haha.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
On Saturday night I slept with someone that I've hooked up with a few times before, I bumped into them on a night out and invited them back to mine. We had sex both in the night and in the morning. In the night he had his arm round me after we'd finished and after we finished in the morning I lay next to him but there was a bit of space.

Basically, we were laying on our backs talking about films and books and then he just grabbed my hand at one point and just started holding it, then after a bit he left saying he wished he could stay with me but he had to go revise. I'm just curious to know whether guys actually like holding hands and cuddling after sex with girls they just hook up with. I found it a bit odd because I generally only do it with people I care about, and it just seemed so weird to be lying there holding hands, or maybe I'm just odd haha.

You're ready to have full blown sex but you feel odd about the guy holding your hand after sex?
Reply 2
Original post by noteraz
You're ready to have full blown sex but you feel odd about the guy holding your hand after sex?

...yeah. I guess I see stuff like that as more intimate than having sex.
Reply 3

I like cuddling after sex, but then I'd not have sex with someone I didn't have feelings for.
...yeah. I guess I see stuff like that as more intimate than having sex.

Feel the same, it's an expression of affection. Feels awkward.
Reply 5
Its not so strange that he would hold your hand after having sex and spending the night with you. Its just a sign of affection, being close to someone, enjoying their company, and their body. Not so mysterious. Its more strange that you would need to separate affection and sex..
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't feel the same ways but I understand the fact that you do... If if you just want to hook up with someone then I guess it'd be weird to want to cuddle after... Maybe he cares about you? I know that I like to cuddle after sex because I only have sex with people I have feelings for. If that's out if bounds for you then maybe just pull away if it happens again?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad A
Reply 7
****ing women. This is why you boggle us.

HE WAS HOLDING YOUR HAND BECAUSE HE WANTED TO HOLD YOUR HAND.

Men are really simple. Like, ridiculously simple. Most of us don't have an agenda, hate the 'hard to get' game and all the playing and hinting that comes from relationships. The truth of the matter is, we usually have no clue.

If you have sex with someone, regardless of how 'one night standish' the encounter is, you feel some connection. He held your hand because, ****, why not. He's already held onto every other part of your body.

If your question is 'do guys like holding hands after sex'.. well.. its a bit ridiculous. I've held hands after sex, yeah.

So, in answer to your question- men can hold hands after sex, and some will. If they want to. Mystery solved.
Reply 8
Are you creeped out by physical contact? Sorry if I'm getting the wrong idea, but it sounds like you're trying to come off as a girl who's "so okay" with casual sex and that this guy likes you more than that.

It doesn't mean anything. Maybe he thought it'd make you feel better. Maybe he just likes to cuddle. **** buddies cuddle all the time, it doesn't mean necessarily mean anything, it's just skin deep. We can't say if he likes you for more than sex or not. The only thing which will say that is if he asks you to be his girlfriend. Unless he does, he's just in it for the sex, so if that's what you prefer, everything's fine.
Reply 9
lol
**** you are weird, OP.

Sex? Yeah cool.

Hold hands? Wtf does that mean???

James4d hit it on the head really.
Reply 11
It depends on the guy. I wouldn't read into it being meaningful.
then after a bit he left saying he wished he could stay with me but he had to go revise

only on TSR
Reply 13
Normally just spark up a cigarette.
Jeez, girls are weird. :s-smilie:
Original post by Spontogical
Jeez, girls are weird. :s-smilie:

what's weird about it?

Am I the only one who gets the OP?
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
what's weird about it?

Am I the only one who gets the OP?

I understand the OP but, is there a needed explanation for why guys hold hands after sex? :lol:
Original post by Spontogical
I understand the OP but, is there a needed explanation for why guys hold hands after sex? :lol:

yes, because to her (and me) holding hands is something you do with someone you care about, not some random person you just f'cked.

She wants to know if it means the same thing to other people.
Reply 18
Original post by srsmass14
lol such bull$hit
Because you know so much, O wise one :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Original post by Millie228
Are you creeped out by physical contact? Sorry if I'm getting the wrong idea, but it sounds like you're trying to come off as a girl who's "so okay" with casual sex and that this guy likes you more than that.

It doesn't mean anything. Maybe he thought it'd make you feel better. Maybe he just likes to cuddle. **** buddies cuddle all the time, it doesn't mean necessarily mean anything, it's just skin deep. We can't say if he likes you for more than sex or not. The only thing which will say that is if he asks you to be his girlfriend. Unless he does, he's just in it for the sex, so if that's what you prefer, everything's fine.

I never said I was creeped out, I just said I found it odd. I've never really had casual sex before so I was just surprised that there was elements of intimacy like that.

As for wanting it to mean more, not really I'm content as I am at the moment. I just haven't slept with a lot of people, so was merely enquiring whether this is typical behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest