The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,

Good luck to those of you sitting the STEP exams tomorrow and on Wednesday. Just a reminder from us that these exams are sat internationally and so no discussion of the STEP exam will be allowed for 24 hours after the exam start time. We don't want you getting warned unnecessarily! Please see the announcements for more information and report any discussion that you see during this period.

Thank you!
Reply 5181
Original post by Junaid96
I think it said those who receive the original will be hard to reach foreign countries and stuff, not UK candidates :frown:

Thats terrible now Im worried :eek:
But yes what we could do now is pray and practice as much as we can :wink:
There is no reason to worry re Edexcel C4. These things happen; Edexcel are a big enough company with sufficient resources to be able to cope. My advice would be to concentrate on your own preparation as if nothing has happened since on the exam day you won't have a clue which version you have until the exam is over (and maybe not ever).

Best of luck to everyone in their remaining exams
I remember for one of the GCSE physics exams they removed a Question last minute so didnt have time to remake the answer sheets - for the multiple choice Qs - and made us write in the Q paper. We were allowed to do a free resit for our troubles! :tongue:
Reply 5184
I messed up my core 4 exam :frown: gutted I wont be going to Uni with that A* that everyone else will most probably have there
For the C4 exam tomorrow do we need to know the proofs for:
- definite integrals
- vector equation of a line
- y=a^x
- y=logax

Also, how do you integrate e^xsinx?
Original post by BeccaCath94
For the C4 exam tomorrow do we need to know the proofs for:
- definite integrals
- vector equation of a line
- y=a^x
- y=logax

What do you mean? prove their derivatives?

Also, how do you integrate e^xsinx?

Integrate by parts twice. If you're a pro you use complex numbers.
Original post by ben-smith

i use complex numbers :biggrin:
Original post by Rahul.S
i use complex numbers :biggrin:

ben didn't say iff
Original post by ian.slater
ben didn't say iff

LOL!

How do you do it using complex numbers? I've never seen that way of doing it before, is it quick? I always though by parts twice is tediously slow...
ben didn't say iff

Lol! That genuinely made me laugh
Original post by TheJ0ker
How do you do it using complex numbers? I've never seen that way of doing it before, is it quick? I always though by parts twice is tediously slow...

Consider e(1+i)xdx\int e^{(1+i)x} dx and take real and imaginary parts. You have to cheat a bit to justify the complex numbers in the integration, but it's still nice
Original post by TheMagicMan
Consider e(1+i)xdx\int e^{(1+i)x} dx and take real and imaginary parts. You have to cheat a bit to justify the complex numbers in the integration, but it's still nice

I'll have a crack at that thanks :biggrin:
ben didn't say iff

:lol:

Yeah like prove how to differentiate a^x.
And ok thanks. Never seen it done with complex numbers, but parts sounds ok...
Reply 5196
ben didn't say iff

This is great. :beer:
ben didn't say iff

Killed it!
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Killed it!

fam on msn you didn't even know what he meant :tongue: tbh thanks for the description.....going to head to brum in a few weeks time after my exams.....there ill visit warwick to sort someone out :colone:
Met my conditions for Durham! Anyone else know if they are heading there yet too?

Latest