The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
Excellent article questions by Sir V. Redden: http://www.scribd.com/doc/89838095/S...Stafford-Final

If you like these, please like this fb page: www.facebook.com/6bi04
Reply 4081
Does anybody else think Topic 8.5 is completely useless...?
Reply 4082
M Kh stop spamming ! we get it lol :tongue:
Reply 4083
Original post by abbas1994
I didn't see that in the textbook under thermoregulation...

its on page 163 of the green book.
Reply 4084
Original post by iesians
M Kh stop spamming ! we get it lol :tongue:

So you have liked the page, shared it and posted it as your status?
Original post by nadzzdan
Does anybody else think Topic 8.5 is completely useless...?

I do!
I just skip over it, to be honest :unsure:
Reply 4086
Original post by M Kh
So you have liked the page, shared it and posted it as your status?

sorry, i deactivated a week ago ! :wink:
Reply 4087
do you guys kno the article it mention "knocking out" in reference to bat and wat

what the hell does that mean!?!?!?!??!?!??!

someone plz help
Reply 4088
Original post by aosm250
do you guys kno the article it mention "knocking out" in reference to bat and wat

someone plz help

what paragraph?
Reply 4089
Original post by aosm250

someone plz help

knocking out as in PRDM16 one ?
it means TURNING OFF the gene.
it says that if we turn off this particular gene in BAT the heat producing ability and capacity is lost owing to the abnormal growth of BAT, this shows that PRDM16 is important in development of normal BAT.
Original post by Bright
How is that wrong? :s

If neurotransmitter substance is released into the synapse with the bipolar neurone, no action potential can be fired in the bipolar cell to the optic nerve but the SNAB book says action potential IS SET UP in the bipolar neurone. This is wrong. Look in the SNAB revision guide it contradicts this by saying if neurotransmitter is released no action potential can be triggered in the bipolar cell, the cgp book contradicts this as well as sir valentine dude. So 3 against 1 lol, its obvious the snab book made a mistake there
Anyone have the grade boundaries for the Summer 07 and 08 exams?
They're not on the Edexcel website as they're old spec. :frown:
Reply 4092
Original post by Hanz_a93
If neurotransmitter substance is released into the synapse with the bipolar neurone, no action potential can be fired in the bipolar cell to the optic nerve but the SNAB book says action potential IS SET UP in the bipolar neurone. This is wrong. Look in the SNAB revision guide it contradicts this by saying if neurotransmitter is released no action potential can be triggered in the bipolar cell, the cgp book contradicts this as well as sir valentine dude. So 3 against 1 lol, its obvious the snab book made a mistake there

OH I'm not using SNAB book only using the SNAB revision guide..

thanks for clearing it up though! :]
Original post by iesians
its on page 163 of the green book.

I have that crappy orange one :frown:
Reply 4094
give 5 examples of "metabolically active" tissues ?! (para 31)
Reply 4095
Original post by abbas1994
I have that crappy orange one :frown:

i dunno about that ?! but in green one it says about positive feedback once a temp limit is corssed, to protect the hypothalamus.
Reply 4096
Quick question:

in fMRI scan if the there is greater activity then, there is more oxyhaemoglobin which does not absorb radio waves, so will you see the area light up or not?
So everyone has standford article questions
Here are some other me and my friends purchased online
here you go

http://www.scribd.com/doc/97804758/Questions-and-Answers-for-the-Scientific-Article-June2012
Reply 4098
Original post by vampirerahim
So everyone has standford article questions
Here are some other me and my friends purchased online
here you go

http://www.scribd.com/doc/97804758/Questions-and-Answers-for-the-Scientific-Article-June2012

wait ! i had these questions lol
the answers are pathetically HUGE !
Reply 4099
Original post by Bright
Quick question:

in fMRI scan if the there is greater activity then, there is more oxyhaemoglobin which does not absorb radio waves, so will you see the area light up or not?

yeh because more radio waves are not absorbed and the detectors can pick this up making the area light up on the screen on a comp

Quick Reply

Latest