The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
Original post by iesians
WTH !! you dont have the article ??! didnt your school provide oyu ??!?! SUE THEM !!

Is the pre-released material the same with the article? If not, what's different?
Original post by mithrans
Is the pre-released material the same with the article? If not, what's different?

The pre-release material is the article :P

The pre release material is the article :s-smilie:
Reply 4123
hey guys this diagram in the biology textbook labels it as rods and cones, which is the rods (blu ones?) and which are the cones(???)
pleeeaassse hellllllpppp!!!!!
rods and cones image.docx
thanks in advance:biggrin:
Reply 4124
Original post by hetty123
hey guys this diagram in the biology textbook labels it as rods and cones, which is the rods (blu ones?) and which are the cones(???)

The upper one is the rod (it's thicker) and the 3 lower ones are the cones.
Reply 4125
Well it can be clearly seen that page 95 in the CGP Guide is biased!!!
Reply 4126

the pre release material IS the article ?! what else !!?
Reply 4127

I typed wrong. So the upper one is the cone and the lower ones are the rods. They are laballed as well. The cones are thicker.
Reply 4128
Original post by nadzzdan
if the ventricles contract from bottom upwards it means the blood will be pumped into the aorta and pulmonary artery. this is important because this way all the blood is pushed up at once so there is more blood pumped at each stroke (stroke volume is high). lastly if it contracts from top to bottom blood would be pushed down essentially damaging cardiac cells... i cant think of anything more...

many thx im sure thats more than enough
:smile:
Reply 4129
Original post by iesians
sorry, i deactivated a week ago ! :wink:

So you will like and share it when you get activated again?
Reply 4130

the three down are rods and the top one is cone.
2 or 3 rods are usually connected to one bipolar neurone , unlike cones .
Reply 4131
Hey guys.. In the article it talks about DNA methylation.. What is it? I looked it up.. Still didn't understand.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4132
Original post by M Kh
Guys here are the unit 5 topic 8 notes: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?0axz4vqmxxyq1at
All credits to the original uploader. All rights reserved.

If you like my ntes, please like this page: www.facebook.com/6bi04

many thx
but the page is nt found i already liked the page that they posted its link on unit 4 thread
Reply 4133
Original post by M Kh
So you will like and share it when you get activated again?

why not ? but that isnt gonna be any time soon.
Is this anyone else's last exam?
Reply 4135
Original post by kanchu
Hey guys.. In the article it talks about DNA methylation.. What is it? I looked it up.. Still didn't understand.

DNA methylation is a method when CH3 methyl groups are attached to specifc parts of DNA and this essentially switches off the gene to which they are attahced, it is a reverse process of transcription factors (which increases gene expression) DNA methylation decreases gene expression and transcription.
Reply 4136
Original post by BastardOranges
Is this anyone else's last exam?

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 4137
Original post by kanchu

DNA methylation is the process of adding methyl -CH3 groups to some bases in the DNA. It is a method of inhibiting gene expression.
Reply 4138
pple plz could anyone explain for me the gene expressoin thing i totally dnt get it !!!!!!!!!
Reply 4139
Original post by ghogho
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :biggrin::biggrin:

meeeeeee toooooooo:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending