The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4300
Does anyone have the examiners report for Unit 5 June 2012? The damned Edexcel website won't let me access it.

By the way, try and calculate your bedtime so you wake up just after a sleep cycle has finished, so you don't feel like a zombie, and can read through some notes before the exam!
I've been using http://sleepyti.me/ for this, but you can calculate it yourself, since a sleep cycle lasts 90 mins.

That was slightly random, hopefully it helps someone though
You know the ways lol
Original post by BastardOranges
X

It's useful for the future. Though I'm going to spend tonight cramming- done a bit more than half the content now. **** the pre release article as well. Just adds to the heap of stuff I need to do
Can someone explain spirometers to me and how to answer spirometer question. I know things like calibration and breath air in and out and there's a needle and things like that but actual questions like calculating stroke volume, I am SO CONFUSED.
Reply 4303
Whats the best thing to do? sleep now and do some work tomorrow morning or revise hard now and wake up normal time tomorrow hmmmm
Does anyone have the examiners report for Unit 5 June 2012? The damned Edexcel website won't let me access it.

By the way, try and calculate your bedtime so you wake up just after a sleep cycle has finished, so you don't feel like a zombie, and can read through some notes before the exam!
I've been using http://sleepyti.me/ for this, but you can calculate it yourself, since a sleep cycle lasts 90 mins.

That was slightly random, hopefully it helps someone though :biggrin:

:eek:
I have never heard of this before!
Does it actually work? :unsure:
Reply 4305
Original post by Omar1994
Whats the best thing to do? sleep now and do some work tomorrow morning or revise hard now and wake up normal time tomorrow hmmmm

it is better to revise alilttle bit now then sleep and wake up normally
revising in the morning might make u get panic :\
Reply 4306
All nighter for me keep getting sh!t.

I don't know how I did well in the other units..

Even though I haven't had that much time to revise this, I understand topics.. then forget it and then exam Qs =get them wrong. :frown:
Reply 4307
Original post by SimpleGirl
:eek:
I have never heard of this before!
Does it actually work? :unsure:

ikr !! its so cool ! i calculated mine now lets see what happens ..:tongue:
the pre release is gonna be a deal breaker for me
Original post by iesians
ikr !! its so cool ! i calculated mine now lets see what happens ..:tongue:

I honestly don't think it works but curiosity is getting the better of me so I think I might actually try it tonight :colondollar:
Reply 4310
Explain how the structure of the axon cell membrane is related to the conduction
of nerve impulses.

How on earth were meant to know about phospholipid layer in this question?
Reply 4311
i love payphone !!!
anyone else with me on this one ?
Reply 4312

That was slightly random, hopefully it helps someone though :biggrin:

that is soooooo coooooollllll!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
+rep you:smile:
i have some article questions if you lot want to answer like one question each, i just like made a summary and this is what found, so here we go:

1)why is WAT located around the abdomens?
2) what are epigentic markers?
3) why has fMRI used instead of MRI, and how does MRI work to obtain images
4)sugest how cortisol hormone can increase blood pressure?
5) use an example to explain sexual selection?
6)state the arguements for and against the use of animals in the scientist?
I felt slightly less horrible when I woke up, but it might just be the placebo effect :tongue:

Too much biology :giggle:
Reply 4315
Omg the january 2012 paper looks impossible! :0

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Original post by Bright
Explain how the structure of the axon cell membrane is related to the conduction
of nerve impulses.

How on earth were meant to know about phospholipid layer in this question?

I thought the exact same thing when I first did this question! :mad:
Reply 4317
Original post by iesians
why ? you have nymore exam ? lol
yuo i finished pp, now doing OLd syllabus stuff and article.
wbu ?

same i got some qu from the old pp prepared by teacher im doing them and ans some suggested qu about the article bt still feel like tom is like the last day in my life :frown:
Reply 4318
ppl where is the thread of june 12 unit 5 ??????!!!
this is JUNE 11!!!
Reply 4319
Original post by ghogho
ppl where is the thread of june 12 unit 5 ??????!!!
this is JUNE 11!!!

lol, oh yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending