The Student Room Group

I like a Pakistani girl but am not myself. Can it work?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Whats so funny? :smile:

i dunno :L he seems scared buh i knw of loads of pakistanis getting with bengalis
Tbh, I don't think it will work
Reply 322
Ok, I am quite strongly infatuated over a Pakistani girl at uni, but am not one myself.

You're not a pakistani girl either? I thought Islam was critical of same sex relationships?
Reply 323
you can't help who you fall for..so chances are if she likes you, she'll go for you coz nowadays there's so many different cultures getting together and getting married, its slowly becoming more and more acceptable..(although some strict families still have a backward view) main thing is your muslim, don't see why anything else would bother her unless her familys really strict
Reply 324
Just go with it or you'll always wonder what if, and that'll eat you up
Reply 325
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
Then she'll probably be too scared of her brother/parents to have a relationship with someone who isn;t Muslim (I'm assuming you arent?)

Most Muslims don't have relationships because it's not allowed in Islam, not because they're 'too scared' of brothers or family members.
Original post by aneesa :)
Most Muslims don't have relationships because it's not allowed in Islam, not because they're 'too scared' of brothers or family members.

I know. Some do refrain from it due to family pressures though.
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
I know. Some do refrain from it due to family pressures though.

I know, but some Muslims should try to understand their faith better and understand why it's not allowed. Plus it makes good Muslims who don't do any of that quite paranoid about their possible future spouses.
Original post by Iqbal007
I know, but some Muslims should try to understand their faith better and understand why it's not allowed. Plus it makes good Muslims who don't do any of that quite paranoid about their possible future spouses.

Yeah true
If she likes you and there are no cultural barriers (i don't think there are usually, but i've seen a few threads on tsr) then it should work. go for it :smile:
Don't wna be the bearer of bad news but in MOST cases, the answer would be NO.

How serious are you about her? Forget the physical stuff for a minute. Yeah, yeah. I know you are attracted to her but can you see a future with her?

If so, if you want her bad...please the FAMILY and you're IN. Good luck :smile:. Btw...you gta be Muslim too-soz.

Edit: As Aneesa:smile: said..it's not usually recommended that you have a relationship outside marriage so try to avoid that if you can but I know it's not always possible.
(edited 11 years ago)
"Hay! I just met you,
and this is CRAZY!
I'm Bang-la-desh-iii,
and I want your babies..."

Just ask. You'll never know...
there is always a chance that she wants to stay within her own race and/or religion.

but this is the 21st century, and many people aren't as worried about those differences anymore.

I know a christian girl dating a muslim boy, and if anything, I'd say religion would be more of a barrier than race (simply because one is spiritual the other is superficial)

as long as you accept her culture and religion, respect her ways and even if you're a great guy, make the effort to learn about her culture and religion for her so you understand it - thus a part of her (but not necessarily adopt it), she may be willing to extend the same courtesy to you.

are you friends with her?
approach her, talk to her, see if she is religious, discuss her religion and culture. This shows an interest in her culture -something that she may appriciate. you may also be able to gauge her acceptance of other cultures from this.

I personally am religious, and although I would want a guy to understand my religion and respect it, I do not necessarily expect him to follow it. :smile:

regarding the negs: I'm sorry please explain to me whats so god-awful about a balanced response with advice on how to achieve the goal (if it is possible)?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 333
Original post by brunettegirl92
there is always a chance that she wants to stay within her own race and/or religion.

but this is the 21st century, and many people aren't as worried about those differences anymore.

I know a christian girl dating a muslim boy, and if anything, I'd say religion would be more of a barrier than race (simply because one is spiritual the other is superficial)

as long as you accept her culture and religion, respect her ways and even if you're a great guy, make the effort to learn about her culture and religion for her so you understand it - thus a part of her (but not necessarily adopt it), she may be willing to extend the same courtesy to you.

are you friends with her?
approach her, talk to her, see if she is religious, discuss her religion and culture. This shows an interest in her culture -something that she may appriciate. you may also be able to gauge her acceptance of other cultures from this.

I personally am religious, and although I would want a guy to understand my religion and respect it, I do not necessarily expect him to follow it. :smile:

regarding the negs: I'm sorry please explain to me whats so god-awful about a balanced response with advice on how to achieve the goal (if it is possible)?

I think its mostly on the parents decision that plays a big part in most asian weddings lol bangladeshi and pakistani have very similar culture and are normally the same religion as well.. most of the time if the choice is up to the parents i dont think it will happen lol. :smile:
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
No =/ I was gonna say if you're an Arabic muslim , that might be a problem (not my own view) just for some reason Pakistani families don't like their kids marryings Arab families and vice versa. I don't think there shouldn't be any concern with beibg Bangladeshi, you should tell her how you feel? =3

That's because Arabs look down on Pakistanis/Indian/any other ethnicity....
Original post by ShredMaster
That's because Arabs look down on Pakistanis/Indian/any other ethnicity....

Wow, I posted that a very long time ago.
Anyway, that is the general assumption, I believe, yes.
Original post by Alpharius
"Hay! I just met you,
and this is CRAZY!
I'm Bang-la-desh-iii,
and I want your babies..."

Just ask. You'll never know...

Nice. That was awesome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending