The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4220
NOT ****ING HAPPY!

Just spent £20 on taxis to get to the station only to sit on the train in the station for half an hour because there is no power. Then told to get off and get a bus to London! Get a taxi home only to be caught in traffic for half an hour.

So now I either have to wait for the lines to be fixed and spend more money on another taxi there, or spend more money on a taxi to another town to get to London. I needed to ask for two days off for hospital appointments this week as well - not happening now. :angry:
Reply 4221
In love with J Lo's 2009 song "Louboutins"... how timely. :tongue:
Reply 4222
Just got up. I like having nothing to do. :p:
Mum and brother picked up an out-of-both-ends bug on Friday. I've bleached the kitchen worktop and the bathroom, stayed in my bedroom with strict instructions to the rest of the household not to even THINK about touching the door handle, and washed my hands repeatedly with soap and water (and the bleach solution, while I was cleaning).

Still I'm absolutely petrified I've caught something. Now I don't feel too good and I can't tell if it's the onset of the virus or sheer panic. :frown:

Supposed to be going out in an hour too, and I was really looking forward to it, but now I'm too scared to go anywhere.

Sorry, just venting. I hate this I hate this I hate this. :colonhash:
Original post by Terpsikhore
Mum and brother picked up an out-of-both-ends bug on Friday. I've bleached the kitchen worktop and the bathroom, stayed in my bedroom with strict instructions to the rest of the household not to even THINK about touching the door handle, and washed my hands repeatedly with soap and water (and the bleach solution, while I was cleaning).

Still I'm absolutely petrified I've caught something. Now I don't feel too good and I can't tell if it's the onset of the virus or sheer panic. :frown:

Supposed to be going out in an hour too, and I was really looking forward to it, but now I'm too scared to go anywhere.

Sorry, just venting. I hate this I hate this I hate this. :colonhash:

I can't blame you I've had it a few times. The first time I thought I was going to die, or at least I wished I could. You're not being over cautious. :hugs:
Back in the UK. :h:
In addition to all of this violin chat, I used to play viola (:puke:) for about 7 years, and absolutely hated playing it, but I couldn't stop because if I wasn't in the school string orchestra they'd stop my trombone lessons.

Out of spite I now keep it in front of the radiator in my room, that'll teach it a lesson.
Reply 4227
Hey peeps. How is everyone?
Original post by mmmpie

Yeah I'm good, you? :h:
Reply 4229
Original post by mmmpie

I am enjoying being in Oxford with nuffin' to do. Also the weather keeps being much nicer than forecast. :h:
Reply 4230
We have just had one of the heaviest showers I've ever seen, luckily it started just as I got on the bus and finished just as I got off! It's normally the other way around :tongue:

Off to the Apple Store tomorrow, my laptops charger is buggered again. This is the third one :tongue:
Reply 4231
Original post by Crisps
Off to the Apple Store tomorrow, my laptops charger is buggered again. This is the third one :tongue:

Silly Crisps, buggering is for dudes, not for laptop chargers. :p:
Reply 4232
Original post by seanfromtheblock
In addition to all of this violin chat, I used to play viola (:puke:) for about 7 years, and absolutely hated playing it, but I couldn't stop because if I wasn't in the school string orchestra they'd stop my trombone lessons.

Out of spite I now keep it in front of the radiator in my room, that'll teach it a lesson.

Nooooooo let me have it, I'll take good care of it - I used to keep one from my school as payment for playing in their orchestra, but I felt I couldn't keep it when I left :sad:
Reply 4233
Original post by dbmag9

Heh, very true :tongue:
Reply 4234
A friend of mine is going to be in the Olympics, how exciting. Some of the hurdles guys aren't bad, either. :p:
Original post by dbmag9

:rofl: PRSOM.
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
I can't blame you I've had it a few times. The first time I thought I was going to die, or at least I wished I could. You're not being over cautious. :hugs:

Thanks for the hugs. :smile: I'm a bit of a germaphobe, and I'm especially terrified of throwing up, so being exposed to a stomach virus really hits my panic triggers. Silly I know, because then I stress and fret and can't sleep and won't eat, which makes me feel rough - and then I panic even more because I think I'm coming down with the bug... Stupid brain.

I've been sat here for the last 15 minutes trying to decide what to say in response to a text from someone. If I could just ask them out for a drink it'd be really straightforward, but I'm so stupidly busy for the next fortnight that I don't have a single evening free. So I'm trying to appear interested and chatty, without either a. asking them out or b. friendzoning them. Nightmare.
Reply 4237
Original post by Terpsikhore
I've been sat here for the last 15 minutes trying to decide what to say in response to a text from someone. If I could just ask them out for a drink it'd be really straightforward, but I'm so stupidly busy for the next fortnight that I don't have a single evening free.

Lunch?

Or just, y'know, tell them you want to ask them out but have no free evenings for it. :smile:
Reply 4238
Breakfast: Scone with butter.

Lunch: Bacon cheese burger.

Dinner: Two double cheeseburgers.

Original post by Liam_G
Breakfast: Scone with butter.

Lunch: Bacon cheese burger.

Dinner: Two double cheeseburgers.

Nom.

Latest