The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
Haven't watched any anime for a week or so, but I have been picking up more anime :awesome:

Today the omnibus of Clover and Magic Knight Rayearth turned up, along with the first few volumes of Mardock scramble, Cage of Eden and Kobato
havent felt like watching much anime lately but the other night i had a sudden urge to read manga :eek: so picked up my yotsuba manga :cute: first time i read manga for over 3 years :mmm: finished the 5 volumes i had but want more :puppyeyes: trying to resist buying as amazon have up to vol 10 :pinch:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm drowning in manga. :p: The first three volumes of Dorothea arrived this morning, and while I've only read the first chapter, I'm impressed so far. :yes: Vols 7, 8, 11 and 12 of Rave Master have also arrived, so all I need are the two in the middle then I can marathon the whole lot (including vols 13 - 35 that I got back in February). I have one volume left of Outlanders, which has been enjoyable if nothing special. Technically not manga, but I pre-ordered volume 6 of the Spice & Wolf light novel, and that's due for release on the 26th if I remember rightly.
Reply 3463
Watched Fate, watched the ufotable afterparty.

Enjoyed it. Answered some of the things people were questioning last week, for people who didn't read my spoilers. Other than that, standard ufotable fare: jittery flow and pacing, missing out a few scenes, slightly offish characterisation, but still enjoyable.
12,000 anime episodes watched. :king1: And six to go until I reach the 1,000 mark for titles watched too... my old preference for short series is pretty clear from that average. :p:
Reply 3465
Original post by AngryJellyfish
12,000 anime episodes watched. :king1: And six to go until I reach the 1,000 mark for titles watched too... my old preference for short series is pretty clear from that average. :p:

Congrats. At this rate, you'll be surpassing me, considering it's taken you a fraction of the time it has taken me to reach that point. :tongue:
Reply 3466
Decided to marathon through An Natsu de Matteru, after being recommended it.

Now I just need to be a totally 100% legitimate way of getting all the episodes in one place. ifyouknowwhatimean.jpeg
That ending of Fate/zero makes me want to watch Fate/stay night even though I wasn't that keen on it after a few episodes
Reply 3468
Fate/Zero last ep was good and great.

Now Heavens Feel please Ufotable.
Reply 3469
I'd really like ufotable to do a sequel to Manabi Straight -- either an outright sequel or a something very much in the same spirit.

I know they won't though. :frown:
Yotsuba is awesome :yep:
Reply 3471
Original post by Carecup
Fate/Zero last ep was good and great.

Now Heavens Feel please Ufotable.

It'll never happen unless DEEN relinquish the rights to Fate/Stay.
Reply 3472
Original post by Tabris
It'll never happen unless DEEN relinquish the rights to Fate/Stay.

DEEN ruin anime series even before they are made.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN.
Reply 3473
DEEN have been involved in some alright projects, like Simoun and, er, Simoun.
*slower-than-dial-up internet speeds currently prevent him getting Fate/Zero or anything else* :mad:

Original post by QHF
I'd really like ufotable to do a sequel to Manabi Straight -- either an outright sequel or a something very much in the same spirit.

I know they won't though. :frown:

That would be fantastic. :coma:

Original post by QHF
DEEN have been involved in some alright projects, like Simoun and, er, Simoun.

That's been on my want to watch list for a while, I've heard good things. :yes:

I've never been a big fan of Studio DEEN, but this season's Sankarea is surprisingly good in my opinion (even if Kore wa Zombie's sequel wasn't so great). I was impressed with Giant Killing and Seitokai no Ichizon too... and would include Higurashi on their small list of good series if it weren't for the OVAs.

But yeah, pretty much every other series they've produced that I've watched has been average at best, and Shining Tears X Wind at worst.
ufotable should do all conversions of manga, game etc.. to animes :moon:
Original post by eugenius 8
Yotsuba is awesome :yep:

I do concur. Saw the manga at Waterstones and I was like @-@ I haz no monies.
Reply 3477
Watched the last ep of fate zero. Was a good end. :smile: But there was one moment..

Spoiler

Reply 3478
Original post by AngryJellyfish
That's been on my want to watch list for a while, I've heard good things. :yes:

Yeah, it was a lot more fun than I expected. It rightly gets some notice for its wacky sf play on gender and its interest in religion, but I also just enjoyed it on a fairly basic level as a story about a squadron of pilots, like if the early Biggles books involved more girls kissing other girls.
Reply 3479
Original post by vin
Watched the last ep of fate zero. Was a good end. :smile: But there was one moment..

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending