The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
Abnyone doing AQA know how they are doing the inital plan?
I did an EPQ last year and I have to advise you to 1. Research in the summer and write down sources with notes.
2. Write a little every week/fortnight

I pretty much wrote the entire thing in a few weeks and had to lie heinously on my project log and reading list etc. I've no idea what I've got, perhaps it's not such a bad method!

I do advise it though, but pick something you'll find interesting. It gave me something to talk about in my personal statement and interviews too ...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've recently decided to completely change my topic for my EPQ.

Does anyone know if I have to start a new production log or not?

Thanks!
Original post by Americaniamh
I've recently decided to completely change my topic for my EPQ.

Does anyone know if I have to start a new production log or not?

Thanks!

How far into it were you?
Original post by MissBlueskys
How far into it were you?

Centre coordinator had approved previous topic.
Original post by Americaniamh
Centre coordinator had approved previous topic.

Depends on how different it is. If you have gone from law to english, then yes I would ask for a new production log. If you have gone from say the impact of civil rights in america to the slave trade I would just use it as one of the changes you made along the way and say your research brought it more to your interest.
Original post by MissBlueskys
Depends on how different it is. If you have gone from law to english, then yes I would ask for a new production log. If you have gone from say the impact of civil rights in america to the slave trade I would just use it as one of the changes you made along the way and say your research brought it more to your interest.

OK thanks :smile: I think I need a new log! :tongue:
Hey, was thinking of doing this i know its hard work but would be good for UCAS but im stuck on ideas does anyone have any? I was thinking something along the lines of law but maybe black magic.

HELPPPPPP..
Reply 2908
Doing the EPQ, thinking of making it History/Politics orientated.
Any ideas on what it should be about and how it should be structured?
I'm going to do my EPQ based about Geography. I am interested in glaciology and climate change science, but I am not sure what to do my project on as it needs to be away from the syllabus and both topics are covered vaguely. I was thinking about something to do with South America/Patahgonia/Andes or something to do with ice core analysis, I'm not sure. I am interested in those two topics and open to suggestions. Help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by N0body
Heard the Dudley's are interesting to write about or one of the families.
But if you're doing A2 history about Elizabeth I then I don't think you can do your EPQ on Elizabeth I.
However I think you can go around this by doing something that is not covered in the A2 Elizabeth I course, which is rather difficult as it covers most of the important aspects of Elizabeth I. :angry:

My A2 course does not cover the reign of Elizabeth I at all so it is fine for me :smile: thanks for the advice though! :smile:
I got full marks for my EPQ I think the presentation saved me :tongue:
Hello, I have my question of what Iwant to study as my project, and now I don't really know where to start? Could anyone give me step by step procedures on how to get started? It would be much appreciated! Thank you !
Hi,
Basically, I was planning on doing a psychology EPQ as I thought I wanted to do that at university. However, recently I decided that I wanted to take biology instead (I've always been interested in the more biological side of psychology anyway) and my careers advisor said that she would tell I would prefer biology more just by talking to me.
I still want to do my EPQ with a psychological basis though as I have my psychology teacher as a mentor, so I was wondering about possible questions where I could combine biological and psychological aspects?
I was thinking about exploring the dopamine theory of schizophrenia as it involves biochemistry, but I'm not sure how to involve a lot of biology when I'm talking about other approaches. My teacher also keeps telling me that it needs to be a controversial topic, and I'm not sure that this is?
Can anyone give me ideas of an actual question around this topic?
Original post by oh_hurricane
this may sound silly, so excuse me but i am a foreign student. so therefore i am a lot better at speaking my home language than English. i am just about to begin my EPQ and i was wondering if it was possible to write it in a foreign language.

if it is not so much marked on grammar then i do not mind writing in English but i feel it would be easier to write in Greek as i would not have to worry as much.

i'm afraid not mate :frown:

one of my friends wanted to do an essay in french and they said no
Original post by aljabiraa
i'm afraid not mate :frown:

one of my friends wanted to do an essay in french and they said no

thankyou, i thought as much! worth asking though.
Help please... I am planning to do my EPQ on the Palestine-Israel conflict, but don't know what to do my question on... Please help!!

I am pro-Palestinian, don't study history and in the project I want to discuss the CURRENT situation of Palestine, not be biased and give an equal balanced viewpoint... please help!!!!! :smile:
Help please... I am planning to do my EPQ on the Palestine-Israel conflict, but don't know what to do my question on... Please help!!

I am pro-Palestinian, don't study history and in the project I want to discuss the CURRENT situation of Palestine, not be biased and give an equal balanced viewpoint... please help!!!!!
Original post by oh_hurricane
this may sound silly, so excuse me but i am a foreign student. so therefore i am a lot better at speaking my home language than English. i am just about to begin my EPQ and i was wondering if it was possible to write it in a foreign language.

if it is not so much marked on grammar then i do not mind writing in English but i feel it would be easier to write in Greek as i would not have to worry as much.

How are you doing A-levels if you're English isn't so good? Or are you just doing an EPQ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Can someone help me out with what we're actually meant to do for logs and stuff?
Is there a specific way we need to record everything we do, or should I just note done everything im doing into a big document with dates/description of my research?

Noones told our groups anything about how to get this going :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending