The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Funny I swear I saw that image in MAL, only Gilgamesh can pull of a naked pose in style.

Original post by Carecup
You wouldn't happen to be a close relation of this girl would you?

Sorry for the late reply but after digging around and looking for that image since it didn't show up in your post, I came to the conclusion that it is impossible for me to be related to that character. Not sure what possessed you to think that I, a human being, is related to an animated character :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Finally finished Urusei Yatsura - on the whole it was enjoyable, but it had gotten more than a little repetitive by the end. :p: Not ideal marathon material. :nah:

From one classic to another: I've started Revolutionary Girl Utena! Or maybe that should be re-started, since I did watch and 'review' the first few eps long ago... I think I'll be able to appreciate it a bit more now than I would have if I'd continued with it back then. :giggle:
I need new anime, please help :smile:
Original post by Atherilia
I need new anime, please help :smile:

Pretty vague. :p: But as this season is just coming to an end, and featured a ton of great series, I'll just suggest the highlights:

Sakamichi no Apollon

Fate/Zero

Tsuritama

Sankarea
Reply 3484
I always look forward to Monday because of

SAKI
I thought that Saki Achiga-hen didn't seem to be building up to an imminent finish... apparently it's spilling over into next season with an unusual episode count of 15. :beard: That'll delay my blog's end of season post, complicate my weekly rankings and wreak havoc with my largely OCD-driven plans for picking up new shows, but from the series' point of view it's infinitely better than an abrupt ending in the next episode would have been.
Reply 3486
I watched MADOX-01 today. It was mildly amusing and had some very nice action. Lovely mechanical designs too.
Reply 3487
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Finally finished Urusei Yatsura - on the whole it was enjoyable, but it had gotten more than a little repetitive by the end. :p: Not ideal marathon material. :nah:

From one classic to another: I've started Revolutionary Girl Utena! Or maybe that should be re-started, since I did watch and 'review' the first few eps long ago... I think I'll be able to appreciate it a bit more now than I would have if I'd continued with it back then. :giggle:

I loved the former when I was a kid, and I'm surprised you hadn't seen the latter before now. :smile:
Original post by Aiko
I loved the former when I was a kid, and I'm surprised you hadn't seen the latter before now. :smile:

Meh, I didn't actually get around to continuing half the series I said I would in the early days of the review thread, or at least not until several years after. :o: I guess the fact I'd already started them worked against them, as I'm always on the lookout for something new.
Reply 3489
Meh, I didn't actually get around to continuing half the series I said I would in the early days of the review thread, or at least not until several years after. :o: I guess the fact I'd already started them worked against them, as I'm always on the lookout for something new.

Understandable. I guess I was only surprised because it's Utena. :tongue: On my part, I really liked the manga and followed it tentatively during its serialisation, and was absolutely thrilled when I read that there was to be an anime adaptation, which I similarly followed each week with much anticipation. I have this sugarcoated perception, likely nostalgia, for this series. If I were to revisit it, I doubt I would have such a lofty response.

Just to digress a little, but on a related note, when I returned to Japan earlier this month, I saw Sailor Moon on television for the first time in literally over a decade or so when I first watched it, and it was oddly nostalgic, and not necessarily in the best way. I had this skewed perception because the series was my gateway anime, and yet, when I watched it now, I can't say it lived up to my impression. I guess deep down I knew this was the case without having to re-watch it. I suppose time and maturity has a way of influencing things. :tongue:
Reply 3490
I have plans to rewatch both Utena & Sailor Moon in the coming year. I think I watched Utena much to early in my fandom to properly appreciate it - I'd imagine I'd get much more out of it upon a rewatch.

Sailor Moon I took a notion for one day and downloaded all 50GB of on a whim. Will be taking it with me when I travel - looking forward to the nostalgia kick XD
Reply 3491
Original post by caraniel
I have plans to rewatch both Utena & Sailor Moon in the coming year. I think I watched Utena much to early in my fandom to properly appreciate it - I'd imagine I'd get much more out of it upon a rewatch.

Sailor Moon I took a notion for one day and downloaded all 50GB of on a whim. Will be taking it with me when I travel - looking forward to the nostalgia kick XD

Given shoujo's noticeable decline of late, not only in terms of what's on offer but also variety, it would be nice to revisit both properly. Maybe I'll come to appreciate why I adored Sailor Moon in particular after watching more than a passing episode. :tongue:
Reply 3492
I accidentally messed up with my manga order.

In a slightly yuri mood I ordered both of the omnibus editions of Strawberry panic. However upon arrival I discovered Part 1 is the manga omnibus and part 2 the light novel omnibus :nyoron:

Read the first ~70 pages of the novel today, it's been ok so far and cute :emog:
Original post by Truered
I accidentally messed up with my manga order.

In a slightly yuri mood I ordered both of the omnibus editions of Strawberry panic. However upon arrival I discovered Part 1 is the manga omnibus and part 2 the light novel omnibus :nyoron:

Read the first ~70 pages of the novel today, it's been ok so far and cute :emog:

I've heard the manga is mostly for fans of the light novels, speeding through some of the material, so maybe having both might not be such a bad thing. :p:
Reply 3494
I've heard the manga is mostly for fans of the light novels, speeding through some of the material, so maybe having both might not be such a bad thing. :p:

Huzzah!

At first I was a little worried, as having kept the honorifics and being a light novel I had a bad feeling it would be fanfic level stuff but it picked up.

So far it's been my favourite light novel, after finding Haruhi 1 and Slayers 1&2 pretty underwhelming :nyoron:
Original post by Truered
Huzzah!

At first I was a little worried, as having kept the honorifics and being a light novel I had a bad feeling it would be fanfic level stuff but it picked up.

So far it's been my favourite light novel, after finding Haruhi 1 and Slayers 1&2 pretty underwhelming :nyoron:

I've only read a couple of the .hack Light Novels (Another Birth and A.I. Buster), and Spice & Wolf. I'd been considering starting another series though, perhaps Haruhi. :beard:
Reply 3496
I've only read a couple of the .hack Light Novels (Another Birth and A.I. Buster), and Spice & Wolf. I'd been considering starting another series though, perhaps Haruhi. :beard:

I did start collecting the Spice and wolf manga recently, partly because I wanted to collect a new series/like S&W, and partly because of this

Spoiler

Reply 3497
Well, Zetman turned out ok, I guess. The ending was highly reminiscent of The Dark Knight.
Reply 3499
Queen's Blade Rebellion episode 12:

Spoiler

I've not been following this sequel, but clicked the spoiler anyway... Chibi Melona?

Latest