The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I may have saved a small child from serious injury/disfigurement today! I was transporting some dry ice at work, and this random guy from estates sees it and goes "Ah, it's cool that stuff! Great fun for parties. I'm going to get some for my daughter's birthday next month!" I reply that yes, it can be fun but you need to be really careful with it. He looks kinda puzzled and asks why. "Well, you need to handle it with thick gloves, you can't keep it in a sealed container or it's liable to explode, the vapour it gives off is heavy and an asphyxiant, you definitely can't put it into drinks no matter how cool it looks or you'll end up burning your face..." "Oh really? I thought we could all play with it..." He looked pretty shocked when I told him that it's like, -80'C and gives pretty serious cold burns >< Idiot.

Original post by crazylemon
Arrive in San Francisco wonder why so many rainbow flags around. Wonder why so many people with rainbow stuff. Penny finnal drops and realised just arrived as pride finishes without being aware it was happening. Massive loss of gay points On my part

I'm told that San Fran is basically gay capital of the world heh. If you're there for the Folsom Street Fair, you should check that out :wink: Or perhaps not if you're on holiday with your parents XD
Reply 4281
I've seen some videos of San fran pride where they stick people on a st Andrews cross in the middle of the street and flog em! :eek:

No thanks :tongue:
Original post by Crisps
I've seen some videos of San fran pride where they stick people on a st Andrews cross in the middle of the street and flog em! :eek:

No thanks :tongue:

That would probably be Folsom :tongue: And it should be noted that there are representatives for pretty much all fetishes and kinks hehe.
I just won a competition to meet the head of NASA :nutcase:
Reply 4284
Original post by Revd. Mike
That would probably be Folsom :tongue: And it should be noted that there are representatives for pretty much all fetishes and kinks hehe.

The exhibitionist in me wants to go now :ninja:

Also, just missed a call about a job I've applied for with student finance. The woman leaving it was going to leave her extension number, but the line cut out before she could! She phoned my mobile too saying she would try later, so hopefully she will try later. She sounded quite enthusiastic too :smile:
Original post by cpdavis

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????

CAN I COME WITH????

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?
:woo:
Original post by cpdavis

Congratulations!

Original post by Crisps
The exhibitionist in me wants to go now :ninja:

Also, just missed a call about a job I've applied for with student finance. The woman leaving it was going to leave her extension number, but the line cut out before she could! She phoned my mobile too saying she would try later, so hopefully she will try later. She sounded quite enthusiastic too :smile:

Hehe, I quite want to go too :h:

Best of luck! I really need to do the 6 or 7 job applications I have lined up. I bitch and moan about my job, but apparently that's not motivation enough to apply for new ones. The writing supporting statements and personal statements and cover letters is just so ucky ><
Original post by cpdavis

:woo: Congratulations! :awesome:
:dancing:
Original post by cpdavis

:woo: Congrats!

On the job topic, I have a writing test to do tomorrow. I keep putting it off because it's difficult and I'm scared I'll screw it up, but I really want a job with this company.
Reply 4289
Original post by cpdavis

A friend of mine is doing an internship there this summer. But congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by dbmag9
A friend of mine is doing an internship there this summer. But congratulations! :biggrin:

Curiosity, is your friend a US citizen? :holmes: Thanks! :party: and thanks everyone :woo:
Reply 4291
Original post by cpdavis
Curiosity, is your friend a US citizen? :holmes: Thanks! :party: and thanks everyone :woo:

He is, I think; he certainly spent quite a few years there.
Original post by dbmag9
He is, I think; he certainly spent quite a few years there.

Oh right, only asked as I am applying to the US next year for some Astro internships and had to cross of NASA due to nationality :sadnod:
Original post by Terpsikhore
Rubbed my eyes with a clean tissue that was lying on my windowsill. Realised too late it was actually a dried-out Flash wipe. PAIN.

Your random comment seemed so forlorn..so here's my contribution:

I just moved to the UK, bought a week's bus ticket, lost it, cursed the heavens, bought another, thought it would be a good idea to store it in my new purse's back pocket where...in all my brilliance, found the old ticket. All that after handing the driver a 50pound note for the new ticket and apparently becoming the spawn of satan and the cause for his "ge'in a rollicking for tha" -then getting told he loved my "Canadian or US" accent -I come from South America- and being hit on for that :confused:

If the embarassment won't subisde, at least you'll be comforted by knowing that us scatter-brains are everywhere :rolleyes:
Ahhh my favourite episode of the inbetweeners is on the telly - the one where they all go clubbing in London and Simon has to swap shoes to get in the nightclub haha
Reply 4295
Punting was lots of fun. Need to pack tomorrow though. :frown:
Original post by FrozenCharlotte
Your random comment seemed so forlorn..so here's my contribution:

I just moved to the UK, bought a week's bus ticket, lost it, cursed the heavens, bought another, thought it would be a good idea to store it in my new purse's back pocket where...in all my brilliance, found the old ticket. All that after handing the driver a 50pound note for the new ticket and apparently becoming the spawn of satan and the cause for his "ge'in a rollicking for tha" -then getting told he loved my "Canadian or US" accent -I come from South America- and being hit on for that :confused:

If the embarassment won't subisde, at least you'll be comforted by knowing that us scatter-brains are everywhere :rolleyes:

Haha, good to know! I've done the bus ticket thing before too, but thankfully only with a daily ticket, not a weekly.

Another travel-related burst of idiocy I'm prone to is buying a return train ticket to somewhere, making the outbound journey, using the RETURN ticket to exit the station (because the gates will let you do that and I'm careless), binning the ticket without checking it was actually the right one, and then arriving back at the station later to go home and finding I only have the outbound ticket in my purse, meaning I have to buy a whole new ticket.
I just spent the evening hanging out and drinking with two incredibly gay but awesome guys :biggrin: One's a hairdresser, the other is a flight attendant XD
Original post by Revd. Mike
I just spent the evening hanging out and drinking with two incredibly gay but awesome guys :biggrin: One's a hairdresser, the other is a flight attendant XD

That is so stereotypical. :colone: On the other hand, why are the flight attendants either very gay or super handsome but most probably straight. That said, I certainly didn't mind the Australian flight attendant who constantly brushed past me during my last international flight though. Oh and when he had to help some other passengers put their luggages in the overhead compartment above my seat. :smile:
Original post by Terpsikhore
Rubbed my eyes with a clean tissue that was lying on my windowsill. Realised too late it was actually a dried-out Flash wipe. PAIN.

LOOL! I'm so terribly sorry for laughing at your pain, but :rofl: :hugs: I hope it wasn't too painful. You're not alone however countless times I've done something randomly stupid which has either lead to pain, regret or humiliation. (or all three...) :laugh:

Original post by cpdavis
x

Bit late :nooo: But CONGRATS! That's really awesome! :awesome: So Jealous.

Latest