The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by such_a_lady
Change your location man! :party:

oh yeah - just done
Original post by silverbolt
Well thats it - im officially no longer in and LDR now im just in an R lol.

Thanks for all your support guys couldnt have done it without you. But im not vanished or gone forever if any of you need me im only a PM away,

best of luck all of you

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Thanks for all your support guys couldnt have done it without you. But im not vanished or gone forever if any of you need me im only a PM away,

best of luck all of you

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you :h:

I can't wait until I can say that. We're moving in together by the end of the year, planning to start flat hunting in September. Despite knowing the end of the LD part of the R is near, I still absolutely can't stand leaving each other on Sunday's, I still miss him like crazy. Still, there's so much to look forward to, I just need to focus on all that :biggrin:

best of luck all of you

Congrats!!! The day I can say the same we'll be county neighbours :tongue: my man is from longford :smile: Best of luck with your relationship from now on, although I'm sure you'll be grand! Enjoy ittt :biggrin:
Reply 8324
Ok update on mijn LDR,

Things are back on track and we plan to move in after I have completed my degree (after three years). Might be quick for some people, but we have known each other as best friens for 7 years.

Someone gace me the advice about just being honest with him; i would like to thank this person because i am not afraid to talk about what bothers me.

Sometimes I wonder about how I will cope 3 years without him physically by my side. However, he has a secure job (perm contract) in NL and I couldn't bring myself to move him to a place of unsecurity.

*fingers crossed*
(edited 11 years ago)

best of luck all of you

:jumphug:

Well doneee man! Cheers!
Original post by Epica
Ok update on mijn LDR,

Things are back on track and we plan to move in after I have completed my degree (after three years). Might be quick for some people, but we have known each other as best friens for 7 years.

Someone gace me the advice about just being honest with him; i would like to thank this person because i am not afraid to talk about what bothers me.

Sometimes I wonder about how I will cope 3 years without him physically by my side. However, he has a secure job (perm contract) in NL and I couldn't bring myself to move him to a place of unsecurity.

*fingers crossed*

Heya :smile:

Cheers on resolving the situation :smile:

3 years is a long time but it's still doable! After all,better to be with them at a distance than not being with them at all aye?

I'll be in my 4th year of LDR soon and i can say; patience and communication and you'll be fine :smile:

:hugs:
I haven't posted in a while...sorry. Was with the boy for a week and now im backkk home -

how's everyone gettin on? :biggrin:
Original post by Ms. Snuffleupagus
I haven't posted in a while...sorry. Was with the boy for a week and now im backkk home -

how's everyone gettin on? :biggrin:

Six. Days. Left. :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8329
As you may have seen I posted a while back saying I was worried about going to uni in September because of leaving the boyf. But seeing all your fantastic posts has given me a lot of hope and although I'm still a bit nervous I think we'll be okay :biggrin: thank you all for being lovely people - I'm definitely staying subscribed to this thread in September when I'll need you all :biggrin:
Original post by codle
As you may have seen I posted a while back saying I was worried about going to uni in September because of leaving the boyf. But seeing all your fantastic posts has given me a lot of hope and although I'm still a bit nervous I think we'll be okay :biggrin: thank you all for being lovely people - I'm definitely staying subscribed to this thread in September when I'll need you all :biggrin:

Haha how sweet. Hi!
Where are you off too? How far apart will you be?
I will be LDR for at least 2 more years (done 2 so far) so will be here :smile: hehe.
I posted on here on the previous page, but I just want some advice on how to make my boyfriend see that a LDR for a year isn't that bad and persuade him on how to make it work? (We'll only be 2 hours apart, if you read my post you can see full story :smile:)

Anyway, I am determined not to let a bit of distance ruin a great relationship, but obviously I don't want to pressure him into being in an LDR if he isn't fully happy or committed to it, which is fair enough and I guess we'll have to break up. But i'm seeing him this week and i really want to try and work things out, and make him realise that although being in an LDR isn't an ideal situation, we could try and make it work. Any tips or advice on how you cope?
I really don't want to lose him because of a bit of distance between us :frown:
sorry my post is on page 416, but in a short story, we met at uni and lived about 5 minute walk away from each other, but he is starting a years placement soon and I am going into my 3rd year at uni, we'll be 2 hours apart. He doesn't think it can work as we'll both be really busy and said he doesn't want to be missing me all the time, so he thinks its best if we just be friends and that way it might make it easier. I'm the total opposite and really wanted to still be with him, and that seeing him every couple of weeks is better than not seeing him at all! We have a great relationship and were fine until this has happened.

Anyway, any advice would be great thanks :smile:
Reply 8333
Original post by caseyhayes
Haha how sweet. Hi!
Where are you off too? How far apart will you be?
I will be LDR for at least 2 more years (done 2 so far) so will be here :smile: hehe.

Hi :smile: off to Winchester Uni, only 45 mins - 1 hr from home so it's not too bad, but my boyfriend works too hard and never has any time out so spending time together may prove difficult!
How far apart are you and your partner? I know a lot of people on here are in different countries, must be difficult.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2042778

I just posted this thread about my boyfriend who is going to be travelling a lot - thought some of you might be able to help? Thanks.
Original post by codle
Hi :smile: off to Winchester Uni, only 45 mins - 1 hr from home so it's not too bad, but my boyfriend works too hard and never has any time out so spending time together may prove difficult!
How far apart are you and your partner? I know a lot of people on here are in different countries, must be difficult.

Aww, get him to cut down!! Hehe.
We are 3.5-4hrs apart. We see each other at least twice a month though, and have been doing so for a couple of years. It's not so bad when you think of the international LDR people, but sometimes I would prefer that for 1 year then to no LDR at all, as we seem to have no end point :smile:
Reply 8336
Original post by caseyhayes
Aww, get him to cut down!! Hehe.
We are 3.5-4hrs apart. We see each other at least twice a month though, and have been doing so for a couple of years. It's not so bad when you think of the international LDR people, but sometimes I would prefer that for 1 year then to no LDR at all, as we seem to have no end point :smile:

Aww that's a shame, hope you get the chance to stop being LD soon ish :smile: yeah I'll try, but I don't think he's happy unless he's doing lots of things and being challenged! Hehe

Original post by Anonymous
sorry my post is on page 416, but in a short story, we met at uni and lived about 5 minute walk away from each other, but he is starting a years placement soon and I am going into my 3rd year at uni, we'll be 2 hours apart. He doesn't think it can work as we'll both be really busy and said he doesn't want to be missing me all the time, so he thinks its best if we just be friends and that way it might make it easier. I'm the total opposite and really wanted to still be with him, and that seeing him every couple of weeks is better than not seeing him at all! We have a great relationship and were fine until this has happened.

Sit down properly with him and talk to him. I miss my boyfriend incredibly (we're about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away from each other) but we call each other every day and text/skype all the time. We also make plans and see each other every other weekend, which is lovely. Show him that you can still see each other at weekends and during holidays (/reading week?). It really depends whether missing you so much is really enough for him to give up on a relationship ... perhaps he's just scared and needs some reassurance?:smile:
Original post by Anonymous

You should definitely sit down and talk this over with him properly. You might try staying together when he leaves for his placement and find that it doesn't work out, but at least you'll have tried! It seems absolutely senseless to throw away a relationship without even giving the long distance a go, especially since it could be so much worse than seeing each other every fortnight or so.

Three year anniversary with my boyfriend today :love: we've made it through months and months of 'normal' LDR (being a few hours from each other by train) and four months of barely any contact when he was travelling around Asia and America on a merchant navy ship :smile: third year in a row of being apart on our anniversary, unfortunately, but I'm so happy!
Original post by La Songeuse
Sit down properly with him and talk to him. I miss my boyfriend incredibly (we're about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away from each other) but we call each other every day and text/skype all the time. We also make plans and see each other every other weekend, which is lovely. Show him that you can still see each other at weekends and during holidays (/reading week?). It really depends whether missing you so much is really enough for him to give up on a relationship ... perhaps he's just scared and needs some reassurance?:smile:

Thanks for the help, unfortunately from our conversation last night he wants us to break up :frown: I don't really understand his reasoning for not wanting to even make it work, because surely he'd miss me more by never seeing me? He said he we can still be friends, I just don't see how I can right now as I feel like he's thrown our relationship away so easily, when we were both each others first relationships, and it was going so well :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending