The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

how many marks was the pupil question for?
Reply 4601
Original post by del1rious
how many marks was the pupil question for?

ONE
does anyone have the paper yet? I REALLY NEED THE PAPER
Reply 4603
Original post by Jam'
ONE

Not big enough
Original post by del1rious
this is what i said, but apparently the pupil doesnt absorb.....but that wasnt in out spec, so how were we supposed to know it anyway...? dumb paper

hmm i'm wondering why people keep arguing about the colour of the pupil.isnt the answer in the pearson edexcel textbook pg214?look at the diagram.the iris part.there's a sentence stating THE AMOUNT OF PIGMENT IT CONTAINS GIVES THE EYE ITS COLOUR. so i think the answer of this question should be the pigments on the iris i guess?:smile: i'm not really sure but that's what i wrote in my bio 5 paper ><
Reply 4605
Original post by xxbiologyxx
hmm i'm wondering why people keep arguing about the colour of the pupil.isnt the answer in the pearson edexcel textbook pg214?look at the diagram.the iris part.there's a sentence stating THE AMOUNT OF PIGMENT IT CONTAINS GIVES THE EYE ITS COLOUR. so i think the answer of this question should be the pigments on the iris i guess?:smile: i'm not really sure but that's what i wrote in my bio 5 paper ><

The photoreceptors absorb most light that enters them which is why the pupil appears black. Nothing to do with the iris.
Reply 4606
i think that the exam was great i think the time was enough to solve all the qu and the qu was quite easy
wish that we all get A grade :biggrin:
Reply 4607
The question paper has come out if anybody wants it - http://www.mediafire.com/?o1n7hoan4pa9m
Reply 4608
Thanks for posting the question paper and mark scheme :smile: think I've done quite badly on this paper :s-smilie: my A* is definitely out of the window, just hope I scrape the A. Can anyone predict what grade boundaries may be?
Original post by neom
The question paper has come out if anybody wants it - http://www.mediafire.com/?o1n7hoan4pa9m

How can I open these files once they're downloaded?

Edit: As in, is there a program I need to download first to open them? The format isn't recognised :P
(edited 11 years ago)
oh man definetly flopped the pre release bit, guess it wasnt just copypasta
i think i've got about 57/90 in paper 4.
can it be an A?

sorry if it sounds mean or wt but i seriously need it for my offer. otherwise i gotta resit...
(edited 11 years ago)
Does anyone have access to the mark scheme for Unit 5 ? :smile:
Grade Boundaries are out

A* - 61
A - 56
B - 51
C - 47
D - 43
E - 39
Reply 4614
I'm so scared guys... I can't remember anything. So i don't know if i've done well or not lol :frown:
Reply 4615
Original post by ishtarbb
i think i've got about 57/90 in paper 4.
can it be an A?

It's a B, one mark from an A. So you might get the A.

Grade boundaries for all edexcel papers:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1206%20GCE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries%20(Home%20%20Int).pdf
Reply 4616
Original post by neom
I'm so scared guys... I can't remember anything. So i don't know if i've done well or not lol :frown:

Same, I remember being annoyed about how little content there was, but can't remember how much I might've scored, so scared.
How did you guys do on this particular unit?
103 UMS - So relieved!
Original post by This Honest
How did you guys do on this particular unit?

I managed 101 which Im very happy with as I needed above 97 for an overall A* (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending