Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Cambridge Experience physics and engineering Watch

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a Sutton Trust summer school at Cambridge for engineering and was unsuccessful. I was then offered a place on the Experience Cambridge Physics and engineering course. Its new and no one knows anything about it. I've agreed to take part - I think Id be stupid not to - but just wonder if anyone else is taking part or knows anything about it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i got a letter saying how competitive the sutton trust was this year, so they offered me a place on the programme instead. Not sure what it involves though...

ReputationRep:
    me neither! they dont seem to be telling us anything about it. do you think itll be a lot of work?

ReputationRep:
    Got an email today with all the work. It's not massive but it is challenging

ReputationRep:
    how are you finding the work? im finding that there is a lot of algerbra stuff. not too bad though I dont think. Ive done the first session. Have you got answers to the third session?

ReputationRep:
    I've done most of the kinematics and dynamics questions, just struggling with one or two dynamics questions

ReputationRep:
    i think ive managed them all - whether correctly or not is another issue...

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah i can't guarantee that my answers are right either!!
    I found the kinematics questions much easier, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey...

So I just noticed today that there are questions for the physics programme. Any idea if they're compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    one of the sessions are based on the questions so i guess so... jess said not to worry if you couldnt do them but to hae a go at all of them...

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.