The Student Room Group

Is underbutt the new cleavage?

I have noticed a trend this year for girls wearing very short denim shorts which expose the "underbutt" area. While I'm all for this new fashion I am wondering where this fashion will go. Will in a few years time girls just be walking around in denim thongs? (Fingers crossed). I blame Miley Cyrus myself. I'd like to give her a piece of my mind. What's your opinions on this latest trend?

Scroll to see replies

Oh underbutt is the bottom of the cheeks. Na cleavage is better if you can see too much underbutt shes probably on the big side. Breasts for everyone !
Seeing far too many people in shorts that are basically denim thongs. Half of them are literally covered in cellulite as well (fair enough, everyone gets it - but would you really want to have it all on display?).

A horrible trend that I hope doesn't last long.
Original post by Tortious
Here - 25 seconds in:

Is that "new" though?

Girls have been wearing hot-pants for years.
Reply 4
Original post by Jerome's Niece
Is that "new" though?

Girls have been wearing hot-pants for years.

I'm not the one who said it was "new" but, playing devil's advocate, I'd say it seems to have seen a rise in popularity (based on the little I know about fashion). The general reaction seems to be: :teeth:

:indiff:
Reply 5
I'm not sure I will be running off to join the 'underbutt' camp :s-smilie: I'm not sure I would want to walk around with my bum on display :P
Reply 6
Original post by kittyb99
I'm not sure I will be running off to join the 'underbutt' camp :s-smilie: I'm not sure I would want to walk around with my bum on display :P

"Underbooty" camp? :teehee:
Reply 7
Original post by kittyb99

More's the pity
Reply 8
I don't understand why they bother putting on these shorts over their knickers.
I'm only 20, but when I was in school this was generally known as the "ass"? :confused:
Original post by Glow in the dark
I'm only 20, but when I was in school this was generally known as the "ass"? :confused:

You just can't keep up with the whippersnappers nowadays.
Reply 11
I'm and ass man and I still think cleavage is cleavage. Showing your butt just makes you look like a kank, it comes across as desperate (attention seeking).
Reply 12
Methinks tight jeans are actually more attractive than the underbutt. What danny111 said, it only comes off as desperate. Cleavage, on the other hand, can be very classy.
Original post by AspiringGenius
I don't really see the attraction to bums. Why? Seriously, it's what a load of **** comes out of lol!

It's surprising how often I have to say something along these lines (I really hoped we, as a culture, understood bodily functions by now), but we piss out of our genitals.
Heavens no. Can more cleavage be the new cleavage?
I would never wear shorts like that, ****ing tasteless.
Original post by Chumbaniya
It's surprising how often I have to say something along these lines (I really hoped we, as a culture, understood bodily functions by now), but we piss out of our genitals.

:teehee: I was trying to say the s word. Perhaps your assumption of my ignorance seemed more logical. :smile: I jest! I did find this quote funny :smile:
Original post by AspiringGenius
:teehee: I was trying to say the s word. Perhaps your assumption of my ignorance seemed more logical. :smile: I jest! I did find this quote funny :smile:

*sigh* I'm really going to have to spell this out, aren't I? My point is that it's kind of ridiculous to be all "Eww gross, bums, poo comes out of them!" when it comes to sexual attractiveness given that we have sex with people using parts of our bodies that piss comes out of.
Nawh. Chest cleavage is still where it's at.
Reply 19
It just looks like their arse is eating their shorts! Regular cleavage for me.

Quick Reply