Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure where this should go but a few years ago I had two piercings in the back of my neck, I had them for a few months until I knocked them and they became quite painful so obviously I took them out.

The only thing now is that every mow and then I get a lump that appears there. It's quite painful and is often really itchy but will disappear after about an hour - obviously something I cant go to my GP about as I dont know when it will show up and when it will go.

Any ideas what this is??

ReputationRep:
    If it were permenant it may have been sscar tissue but that sounds unlikely. I would guess there's a small chance a tiny bit of the jewelry is lodged there creating minor inflammations periodically.

I myself have two, constant, small lumps towards the lower of my back either side of my spine. I've been told and through a google search found that they are quite normal and nother to worry about, yours may be similar.

If you're really concerned then check for them eevry 1-2 weeks and when they appear go see the doctor, they'll tell you straight up if there's anything to worry about

ReputationRep:
    It won't be jewellry, as I took both of my bars out and the lump is appearing inbewteen the sight where both piercings were.

As I said as soon as the lump comes
    it goes, so as soon as Inget a Dr's appointment theres no point, as its gone

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Other than the bump, has the piercing sights healed ok? No pain from them?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they've healed fine

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.