The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hassi94
Ah that's a shame.

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. :sadnod:

In better news, the next Indie Royale bundle is out - the 'June Bug Bundle'. :beard:

www.indieroyale.com
The Indie Royale game bundle site returns with the June Bug Bundle, featuring a swarm of four fantastic independent games available at a bargain, fluctuating price.

This time round, the four top titles in our bundle are Q-Games' abstract platformer PixelJunk Eden (Windows on Steam), the _exclusive_ enhanced PC debut of Magical Time Bean's Escape Goat (Windows on Desura and DRM-free), the musical puzzle adventure Auditorium (Windows and Mac on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free), and Joakim Sandberg's acclaimed 2D title Noitu Love 2: Devolution (Windows on Steam, Desura and DRM-Free).

Also included is a unique bonus: an exclusive new Alpha preview of Joakim Sandberg's upcoming 2D platformer Iconoclasts for Windows in a DRM-free download. And for those who pay $7 USD or their currency equivalent for the June Bug Bundle, we have chiptune superstar 8 Bit Weapon's full-length album 'Bits with Byte'.

Also don't forget that Indie Royale has just launched its Collection feature. This is a page where Indie Royale purchasers can earn loyalty rewards, manage keys for already-purchased bundles, and add already-completed bundles to their Wishlist for possible bundle reappearances! More info on the Indie Royale Collection is available via this blog post.

So check out the June Bug Bundle today, before it's too late!

Thanks again!
Scott, John, Simon, Bethany and Max
Desura & IndieGames.com
Original post by Illusionary
If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. :sadnod:

In better news, the next Indie Royale bundle is out - the 'June Bug Bundle'. :beard:

www.indieroyale.com
It seems too good to be true that a new indie bundle has been released and I don't already own any of the games in the bundle (I can't remember the last time that happened), but the June Bug bundle has proven that one to be true :p:
No Steam sale whatsoever today (apart from the daily deal) - it's been a while since that's happened as far as I can tell..

I smell a summer sale :ninja:
Original post by hassi94
No Steam sale whatsoever today (apart from the daily deal) - it's been a while since that's happened as far as I can tell..

I can't wait, I'm hoping to pick up Arma 2 combined op's for a decent price, just to try out this new Day-Z mod :P

Besides that, I don't know will probably end up paying stupid stuff any cause it's cheap
Original post by hassi94

What actually is Steam? :colondollar:
Original post by Mazzini
What actually is Steam? :colondollar:

Basically a game download client for PC games. You buy games and then own then forever (well unless you get banned or steam goes bust - which it won't). They're well liked because of the crazy sales they have. People end up buying games they would usually (and maybe still) never play. :tongue:
Original post by hassi94

Still a tad early for that yet. If they were to have a 2-week sale that ends on July 4th then it'll begin in a few days, but I reckon next week's the more likely start for it :smile:
Original post by Dalimyr
Still a tad early for that yet. If they were to have a 2-week sale that ends on July 4th then it'll begin in a few days, but I reckon next week's the more likely start for it :smile:

Yeah the last week of June is regular. Wasn't necessarily saying its starting now, just that they may be holding back sales because of the summer sale looming :tongue:

:facepalm:

87.5% off the ridiculously high price of £40 for Dragon Age: Origins - so excited.

I did manage to get some games reasonable cheap from Origin by buying through the indian store the other week (I think the bug has been patched). Got Crysis 1 and 2 Maximum edition for £14 or so and Crysis 3 pre-order for £17ish.
Original post by hassi94
Basically a game download client for PC games. You buy games and then own then forever (well unless you get banned or steam goes bust - which it won't). They're well liked because of the crazy sales they have. People end up buying games they would usually (and maybe still) never play. :tongue:

Oh right, thanks :biggrin:
Rather odd summer sale on GOG http://www.gog.com/page/2012_summer_promo?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=2012_summer_promo 2 games go on sale each day but users can vote on which get the bigger discount (60% opposed to 40%)

Currently its Myst and the 7th Guest on sale, with Alone in the Dark 1,2 + 3 or Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) being tomorrow's sale
Original post by mahjongmagic
Rather odd summer sale on GOG http://www.gog.com/page/2012_summer_promo?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=2012_summer_promo 2 games go on sale each day but users can vote on which get the bigger discount (60% opposed to 40%)

Currently its Myst and the 7th Guest on sale, with Alone in the Dark 1,2 + 3 or Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) being tomorrow's sale

GOG is my favourite games store, I love all the little extras they throw in with games that are such a nice touch. I really hope Indigo Prophecy gets a big discount tomorrow, I've been wanting to play that for a long time!
Original post by Phalanges
GOG is my favourite games store, I love all the little extras they throw in with games that are such a nice touch. I really hope Indigo Prophecy gets a big discount tomorrow, I've been wanting to play that for a long time!

Last I looked it had double the votes of Alone In The Dark. There are going to be a LOT of disappointed people...
WHAT'S THAT I HEAR?!! A STEAM SALE IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER?!?!!

There goes my uni savings :frown:
I do hope they have some large reductions on the train simulator 2012 addons :colonhash:
Original post by Darkphilosopher
WHAT'S THAT I HEAR?!! A STEAM SALE IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER?!?!!

There goes my uni savings :frown:
I do hope they have some large reductions on the train simulator 2012 addons :colonhash:
I'm so tempted to take the piss here but one of my friends on here and on Steam has Train Sim 2012 so I suppose I'd better keep it zipped :p:
On a serious note for anyone who actually is interested in it, it was 80% off or something last time it was on sale back in Christmas...though even at £250 or whatever it was for the whole collection, I doubt there were many takers except the most avid of train enthusiasts :biggrin:
Original post by Dalimyr
I'm so tempted to take the piss here but one of my friends on here and on Steam has Train Sim 2012 so I suppose I'd better keep it zipped :p:
On a serious note for anyone who actually is interested in it, it was 80% off or something last time it was on sale back in Christmas...though even at £250 or whatever it was for the whole collection, I doubt there were many takers except the most avid of train enthusiasts :biggrin:

Yeah it's like £1200 for the whole collection pre-sale, ridiculous!
Original post by hassi94
Yeah it's like £1200 for the whole collection pre-sale, ridiculous!
Including the base game plus all the DLC, it's just a few quid shy of £1,300. Even the Sims games aren't that bad (though buying a game plus all expansion packs brand new for one of those would have set you back somewhere in the region of £300 per game)
Reply 2158
I just came across a bit of money and just got a new 7850 that I've overclocked the hell out of... bring on the games. :biggrin:
Original post by SMed
I just came across a bit of money and just got a new 7850 that I've overclocked the hell out of... bring on the games. :biggrin:
Patience, young padawan. Like I said to someone earlier in the PC Gaming society, we're pretty sure there's a Steam sale coming, but unless they're planning on having it at the same time as the Dawn of War weekend sale is on, it'll be Monday evening at the earliest that the sale goes live.

Quick Reply