The Student Room Group

Can I wear astro turf trainers indoors?

At uni, we play (5 a side) on a sandy astro turf pitch and when I am at home we play at Goals, so a rubber astro turf pitch. I used to wear normal boots because I used to play on grass as well but they got too small and so I wore my normal trainers but I want to get some new boots or something now.

I was thinking astros as normally I play on astro turf, but next year, some of my uni friends have joined an indoor league (in a sports hall with a hardwood flooring) and so I was wandering, would I be able to wear my astros there as well?

I don't want to spend too much money because I can't afford different types of boots and right now, astros seem the best bet as thats where I play most.

What do you guys think?

Also, can I wear astros on grass?
You could do :L But you can pick up some cheap indoor trainers for what? £20 at Pro-Direct Soccer...

And Astros mark the floor

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Original post by Mr Bee
You could do :L But you can pick up some cheap indoor trainers for what? £20 at Pro-Direct Soccer...

And Astros mark the floor

Would they ruin my astros?
No, can do boss. Illegal, passed a law against it last year.
Original post by claret_n_blue
Would they ruin my astros?

It wouldn't do them any good and, more importantly, you might well do yourself an injury by playing indoors with them. Sports halls with hardwood floors will kick you out when they spot it, anyway.
Original post by Good bloke
It wouldn't do them any good and, more importantly, you might well do yourself an injury by playing indoors with them. Sports halls with hardwood floors will kick you out when they spot it, anyway.

Ok 2 things (only because I know absolutely ZERO about astros):

1) Could I wear indoor boots on an astro pitch, or would the grip not be as good?

2) Do you get different types of astros, like do you get a certain type to wear on rubber pitches and a certain type to wear on sandy pitches or can I wear one type of boots on both pitches?

I'm not going to get expensive boots, probably £20 - £25 from Sports Direct or something.
Original post by claret_n_blue
Ok 2 things (only because I know absolutely ZERO about astros):

1) Could I wear indoor boots on an astro pitch, or would the grip not be as good?

2) Do you get different types of astros, like do you get a certain type to wear on rubber pitches and a certain type to wear on sandy pitches or can I wear one type of boots on both pitches?

I'm not going to get expensive boots, probably £20 - £25 from Sports Direct or something.

You should always wear footwear that is made specifically for the surface being played on for three reasons: (a) your own safety, (b) to avoid damage to the playing surface and (c) to avoid undue wear and damage to the shoes.
Adidas Samba's are good for both surfaces

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E10i

Quick Reply

Latest