The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4500
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
Just found out, and I do mean just found out :rolleyes: , that I passed my first year of University!!!
:woo:
So happy! :awesome:

Why do they have to put it up at 11:10 anyway... ¬¬

PRSOM. :woo: Congrats!

Original post by Undulipodia
RESULTS FOR FIRST YEAR NATSCIS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED :crazy:

:woo:

Original post by thurin
I'm subscribed to the 'what would you want to know about Oxford?' and some of the questions they ask, as people applying to/who have offers from Oxford, are incomprehensibly
stupid or trivial. One of the latest is asking what they should do for breakfast. The majority of the questions could be answered by phoning the college, anyway!

Some people...

Welcome to applicants? They could be a lot worse, honest. Someone in the Merton offer-holders' Facebook group last year asked if you needed to bring paper...
Original post by The Fez
My car has been stolen.

Well, not really. My brother (that I've disowned a long time ago) borrowed my car without my permission (not that I would ever let him borrow it anyway even with him asking.)

But I was so angry :mad: when I saw that my keys were gone and my car wasn't parked in the garage.

Mad, I'm mad. I don't usually get mad. I have a lunch date with my friends and if my car doesn't return in five minutes I'm gonna do something. I don't know what I'm gonna do but it's not gonna be pretty.

/rant.

What a beautiful day! It's 65 degrees outside and the sun is shining! Fantastic day to go running :h:

How're you, beautiful people?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

TWOC. Is he insured to drive the car?
I just came out to my friend. :h:

She took it really well. I feel relieved.

Original post by The Fez

Rep incoming! :zomg:

Good stuff! :biggrin:
Original post by The Fez
My car has been stolen.

Well, not really. My brother (that I've disowned a long time ago) borrowed my car without my permission (not that I would ever let him borrow it anyway even with him asking.)

But I was so angry :mad: when I saw that my keys were gone and my car wasn't parked in the garage.

Mad, I'm mad. I don't usually get mad. I have a lunch date with my friends and if my car doesn't return in five minutes I'm gonna do something. I don't know what I'm gonna do but it's not gonna be pretty.

/rant.

Well if it was in the UK I'm pretty sure he could be charged with TWOC, as well as no insurance if he isn't insured on it.... Not sure what the rules are elsewhere though :tongue:

Hope he brings it back soon, selfish bastard :mad:

Original post by The Fez

Congrats! :h: :h: :h:
Original post by Mad Vlad
TWOC. Is he insured to drive the car?

He doesn't have a license, he only has a learning permit. I could go to the police and make them take away his learning permit, but I don't know if I should. :/

Original post by The Fez
He doesn't have a license, he only has a learning permit. I could go to the police and make them take away his learning permit, but I don't know if I should. :/

So if he bins your car and injures someone - he won't have insurance, or a licence and you'll be minus 1 car and who know what he could do to someone else.

I'd get the parents involved.
Hope results are good for everyone! :smile: My life seems to be on hold until mine are released as I am really nervous. :frown: Just got to wait until the 6th which isn't too long thankfully.

Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I swear my taste in TV is getting increasingly trashy.

Me too. Since I got back I have been watching Hollyoaks pretty much everyday. :redface: It's actually entertaining and full of gay characters though. :biggrin:
So if he bins your car and injures someone - he won't have insurance, or a licence and you'll be minus 1 car and who know what he could do to someone else.

I'd get the parents involved.

Spoiler

Original post by neillya1
Well if it was in the UK I'm pretty sure he could be charged with TWOC, as well as no insurance if he isn't insured on it.... Not sure what the rules are elsewhere though :tongue:

Hope he brings it back soon, selfish bastard :mad:

Congrats! :h: :h: :h:

He could be charged with something similar to that, but I didn't report him. I mean I wouldn't mind if he goes to juvy but I think that's a bit too extreme, a juvy record means no uni / job prospects so.

I will give my family's friend who is a cop a call so he'd come over and scare him off. That might set him straight, that bastard.

And thanks!!! :h: I expected her to freak out, but she was like, well...okay. :h:
:hugs:

Rep incoming! :zomg:

Good stuff! :biggrin:

I've had a very productive day, went to bed at half 9 this morning, got woken up at half 10 as we had to collect our keys for the new place. Met the landlord, then spent 2hours going round town, went to the new house again hoping the landlord wasn't in (he was) got stung by a wasp... :sad: it hurt.

Then came back and went straight into the kitchen and made home made bread crumbed chicken and a vegetarian omelette (okay the chicken defeated the vegetarian bit...) And not to pat myself on the back but for a first ever attempt at an omelette, wow it's goood. :awesome: I also fell asleep in front of the cooker... :erm:

It makes me chuckle when my flatmates come in and are shocked at what I'm making, it's not culinary magic but I guess compared to the stereotypical ping meals they eat it is exciting. Would you believe one of them didn't know what a bell pepper was? :lolwut:
Reply 4510
Original post by The Puppet Master
I've had a very productive day, went to bed at half 9 this morning, got woken up at half 10 as we had to collect our keys for the new place. Met the landlord, then spent 2hours going round town, went to the new house again hoping the landlord wasn't in (he was) got stung by a wasp... :sad: it hurt.

Then came back and went straight into the kitchen and made home made bread crumbed chicken and a vegetarian omelette (okay the chicken defeated the vegetarian bit...) And not to pat myself on the back but for a first ever attempt at an omelette, wow it's goood. :awesome: I also fell asleep in front of the cooker... :erm:

It makes me chuckle when my flatmates come in and are shocked at what I'm making, it's not culinary magic but I guess compared to the stereotypical ping meals they eat it is exciting. Would you believe one of them didn't know what a bell pepper was? :lolwut:

I don't actually know what that is and I can't help thinking I should.
Original post by Laertes
I don't actually know what that is and I can't help thinking I should.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe7vQLGP4o2T_V2BPraXFcxsa7NKlUUK7Yuds3kcFkPUFdyNwO

:colondollar: I should really think before saying stuff like that... I meant no offence :nooo:

To be fair to you, she was looking at and still didn't know. In fact I'm pretty sure she was questioning whether it was edible and why it wasn't in a plastic container with 90% fat in it.
Reply 4512
Original post by The Puppet Master
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe7vQLGP4o2T_V2BPraXFcxsa7NKlUUK7Yuds3kcFkPUFdyNwO

:colondollar: I should really think before saying stuff like that... I meant no offence :nooo:

To be fair to you, she was looking at and still didn't know. In fact I'm pretty sure she was questioning whether it was edible and why it wasn't in a plastic container with 90% fat in it.

No offence taken. I've never heard them called bell peppers before, they've always just been peppers to me :p:
Reply 4513
Why is it so quiet in here?

Undulipodia
i can haz first

:woo: Congrats, man.
Original post by dbmag9
Why is it so quiet in here?

:woo: Congrats, man.

Thanks :awesome: Not quite sure how that happened, but I'm hardly complaining :grin: Good luck with yours! They come out in... two weeks time?

It's silent as the grave. Must be because everyone is so busy in the place that exists :tongue: I heard something about a revival?
Reply 4515
Original post by Undulipodia
Thanks :awesome: Not quite sure how that happened, but I'm hardly complaining :grin: Good luck with yours! They come out in... two weeks time?

Mine are out on the 11th. I'll be pissed off for not getting a first, but from how exams went I'm fairly certain I won't, so ah well.
Been whitewater kayaking today for the first time since March. Aching horribly. I suspect I won't be able to move tomorrow...
Reply 4517
I went on a rather massive shopping spree in the sale at Zara today (well... those clothes will last me for several years now). Saved about a third today! I do love that shop.
Reply 4518
Ooooh, that was tight! Murray through, but the 11pm finish rule had to be bended by a couple of minutes.

And I thought Zara only sold women's clothes. You can tell I've never been in.

But the Debenhams sale (love that place) is now up to 70% off :biggrin:
Just heard that one of the TOWIE 'stars' has released a single .... :eek: What has the music industry come to?!

Latest