The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants (2012 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by laurapinkxx
I know i'm really hoping that get them !!!!

I'm studying English lit, psychology and health and social care !! what about you ... ??
When's your exams ? feel good about them ?? :smile:

I'm doing English Lang and Lit, Business and Psychology :P I've had my English exam last friday (i'm guessing you might have too?) and then Psychology and Business are in the next two weeks :P
Yeah I feel alright about it, just want them to be over and done with really! How about you? :smile:
Original post by SS7514
I'm doing English Lang and Lit, Business and Psychology :P I've had my English exam last friday (i'm guessing you might have too?) and then Psychology and Business are in the next two weeks :P
Yeah I feel alright about it, just want them to be over and done with really! How about you? :smile:

I haven't had my english lit exam yet, we must be on different exam boards !!! What was it like ... I'm doing love through the ages paper!!

I think we my have the same date for psychology though .... 18th by any chance ??

I have my moments when I'm just like ahhh what will be will be then i go mental and start panick revising !!!

Do you know anyone going to sheff or are you just going by yourself ??? I'm going solo !!! :smile:
Reply 722
My offer from Bath just changed to unconditional :smile: I'm as happy as never!
Reply 723
I haven't had my english lit exam yet, we must be on different exam boards !!! What was it like ... I'm doing love through the ages paper!!

I think we my have the same date for psychology though .... 18th by any chance ??

I have my moments when I'm just like ahhh what will be will be then i go mental and start panick revising !!!

Do you know anyone going to sheff or are you just going by yourself ??? I'm going solo !!! :smile:

Haha! I did edexcel for english and my theme was family relationships, the exam was 2 hours and 45 minutes long so I'm glad it's over!
I'm exactly the same! I will be calm for a day and reassure myself that it will be ok and then it switches and I'm like 'I'm going to fail ahh!'
Yeah I have one Psychology exam on the 11th and my final one on the 18th, I'm doing AQA A :smile:
I'm going to the uni solo but I'm hopefully going to live with a friend who doesn't go there, but if that doesn't work out then I've applied for Charlotte Court accomodation as a back up, how about you? :smile:
Original post by LondonLT
woo my first choice is goldsmiths! (well i aint put it on firm yet.. waiting for results of jan exams to be realistic) but i reaaaaly wanna go theree. :biggrin:

ahh awesome!! hope to see you there then B)
Original post by SS7514
I'm doing English Lang and Lit, Business and Psychology :P I've had my English exam last friday

Do you do Edexcel english combined by any chance?? I do, and I just wanted to know what you thought about the exam. :smile:
Reply 726
Original post by DoubleNegative
Do you do Edexcel english combined by any chance?? I do, and I just wanted to know what you thought about the exam. :smile:

I do haha, I studied A Dolls House by Henrik Ibsen and All My Sons by Arthur Miller as my plays, how about you?

I thought it was ok, I thought it was a pretty good question for family relationships, did you do the same? :smile:
Original post by SS7514
I do haha, I studied A Dolls House by Henrik Ibsen and All My Sons by Arthur Miller as my plays, how about you?

I thought it was ok, I thought it was a pretty good question for family relationships, did you do the same? :smile:

Ah, I was Individuals in Society, so I did Shakespeare's Othello and Equus by Peter Shaffer.

You're so lucky!! Everyone in my class (including me) HATED both parts of the exam. For the first part we got and extract about U2, I mean, where were we supposed to get attitudes, values or ideas from that?? Lol
The second part was worse though, it was absolutely nothing like the previous questions, which were all along the same lines. We got how the character searches for purpose.
Yeah, it was a horrid exam for us. I wish I'd had yours. XD
Reply 728
Ah, I was Individuals in Society, so I did Shakespeare's Othello and Equus by Peter Shaffer.

You're so lucky!! Everyone in my class (including me) HATED both parts of the exam. For the first part we got and extract about U2, I mean, where were we supposed to get attitudes, values or ideas from that?? Lol
The second part was worse though, it was absolutely nothing like the previous questions, which were all along the same lines. We got how the character searches for purpose.
Yeah, it was a horrid exam for us. I wish I'd had yours. XD

Aww no really sorry to hear that :/ haha we had an extract about Obama and his family which wasn't too bad but I was very happy with the plays question...ahh I love Othello, isn't Equus the weird one with horses? :P
Original post by SS7514
Aww no really sorry to hear that :/ haha we had an extract about Obama and his family which wasn't too bad but I was very happy with the plays question...ahh I love Othello, isn't Equus the weird one with horses? :P

Wow, that sounds so much better than ours about U2. XD
At least it was good for you, but I hope it didn't pull the grade boundaries up too much for the rest of us. :P
Haha, yeah it is. It was great for the question, but it was awkward as HELL watching these two people almost...do it....on stage sitting next to a teacher. >_< I had to be sitting next to the male teacher too. :P
What's All My Sons about? I've heard of it, but I've never been clear on what it is. :P
Original post by SS7514
Haha! I did edexcel for english and my theme was family relationships, the exam was 2 hours and 45 minutes long so I'm glad it's over!
I'm exactly the same! I will be calm for a day and reassure myself that it will be ok and then it switches and I'm like 'I'm going to fail ahh!'
Yeah I have one Psychology exam on the 11th and my final one on the 18th, I'm doing AQA A :smile:
I'm going to the uni solo but I'm hopefully going to live with a friend who doesn't go there, but if that doesn't work out then I've applied for Charlotte Court accomodation as a back up, how about you? :smile:

I'm exactly the same , some days i can be like ohhhmyy I'm never going to get into sheffield but it makes revising worse so I have to snap out of it !!!!
Yeah I'm going alone :frown: But I'm so excited to meet new people ... I've gone for victoria halls but charlotte is my second choice place!!!!

Pysch is making me the most nervous becasue the grade i need to get, is the one i need in the exam, after you add all my other grades together eekkkk!!!!

Exam on monday how you feeling about it ?? I have a another exam at exactly the same time so I'm going to be with a exams officer all day :frown:
Reply 731
Wow, that sounds so much better than ours about U2. XD
At least it was good for you, but I hope it didn't pull the grade boundaries up too much for the rest of us. :P
Haha, yeah it is. It was great for the question, but it was awkward as HELL watching these two people almost...do it....on stage sitting next to a teacher. >_< I had to be sitting next to the male teacher too. :P
What's All My Sons about? I've heard of it, but I've never been clear on what it is. :P

It's not too bad, it's by Arthur Miller and focuses on the American Dream and war-profiteering etc. A Doll's House was much better! :smile:
Reply 732
I'm exactly the same , some days i can be like ohhhmyy I'm never going to get into sheffield but it makes revising worse so I have to snap out of it !!!!
Yeah I'm going alone :frown: But I'm so excited to meet new people ... I've gone for victoria halls but charlotte is my second choice place!!!!

Pysch is making me the most nervous becasue the grade i need to get, is the one i need in the exam, after you add all my other grades together eekkkk!!!!

Exam on monday how you feeling about it ?? I have a another exam at exactly the same time so I'm going to be with a exams officer all day :frown:

Aww no! :/ which exam have you got aswell as psychology? I'm sure we will be fine! I think it's part of the whole process of it! I am too, it will be cool if we both end up there!

Umm not too bad, I've got schizophrenia, addiction and research methods on this paper so it's probably the worst one of the two! Which topics have you got?
Original post by SS7514
It's not too bad, it's by Arthur Miller and focuses on the American Dream and war-profiteering etc. A Doll's House was much better! :smile:

That sounds really interesting, I kinda wish I'd done that now. XD What was ADH about?

Anyone else out there doing WJEC psychology tomorrow??
Reply 734
That sounds really interesting, I kinda wish I'd done that now. XD What was ADH about?

Anyone else out there doing WJEC psychology tomorrow??

ADH was about a marriage that was for appearances and about how women objectifiy themselves and deny their individuality by marriage. It was basically Henrik Ibsen (the writer) criticising 19th Century marriages; I enjoyed it a bit more than AMS! :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Psych 2011 applicant. Applied to: Oxford, UCL, Durham, Bristol & RHUL

Feel free to ask any questions about above unis or anything to do with UCAS :smile:

I got an offer from RHUL, I was thinking about applying for UCL/Bristol/Durham through Adjustment. Which do you think (out of the 3) are best for psychology?
Original post by spacebound09
I got an offer from RHUL, I was thinking about applying for UCL/Bristol/Durham through Adjustment. Which do you think (out of the 3) are best for psychology?

UCL probably, i imagine they have the most money. Either one will give you a really good degree...
Original post by spacebound09

I'm pretty sure UCL won't be in adjustment. Not sure about the other two either being there.
Original post by SS7514
ADH was about a marriage that was for appearances and about how women objectifiy themselves and deny their individuality by marriage. It was basically Henrik Ibsen (the writer) criticising 19th Century marriages; I enjoyed it a bit more than AMS! :smile:

Oh wow, that sounds really interesting too! Ah, I wish I'd done your entire course. XD
Reply 739
Original post by Jackkkkk
Just Firmed Bristol :biggrin: Insured Royal Holloway :smile: Exciting stuff haha

Same! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest