The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiko
I've not been following this sequel, but clicked the spoiler anyway... Chibi Melona?

Still one of the best characters in the series, especially this time without Nanael and Menace to compete with. :yes:
Reply 3501
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Still one of the best characters in the series, especially this time without Nanael and Menace to compete with. :yes:

Definitely. :yes: Personally, she was my favourite in the first season, so I'm pleased she's back. :tongue:
I decided to resume and marathon Mouretsu Pirates, after stalling it back in February. The second half has been more enjoyable, though I'm not sure whether that's due to an actual improvement in plot/characters, or whether it's just because watching eps back-to-back is making the series' slow pacing more bearable. :beard:

Having finished Koi Kaze and Pretear, the joint winners of my blog poll earlier in the month, I've now started Toei's Kanon, which was the runner up. :king2: The animation isn't pretty, but aside from that I really like it. That could be down to my feelings of nostalgia towards KyoAni's remake which I watched first, though.
Reply 3503
So much hype for today.

Edit: Anime original lark. I understand why they did it, I think. But not exactly the best way to start. Oh God, the OP's terrible too. Confirmed for skipping it every week. Animated like something from 2002.

Looking forward to getting into the meat and bones next week.

Oh yeah, and an RoE3 trailer. Awesome.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3504
Is it just me or is Anime-Planet really slow? Moreover, it's not allowing me to change my status from 'Want to Watch' to 'Watching' for a number of anime from the new season. :mad: :tongue:
Reply 3505
Code Geass OVA trailer.

Original post by Aiko
Is it just me or is Anime-Planet really slow? Moreover, it's not allowing me to change my status from 'Want to Watch' to 'Watching' for a number of anime from the new season. :mad: :tongue:

The speeds seem fine to me. :dontknow: As for status updates, they'll probably get around to it once the first episodes get subbed (if not sooner), or else people will be nagging them in the forums. :p:

I notice you watched Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - what did you make of it? I'm curious to hear as many opinions as possible about this episode, as it was just so... odd!
Reply 3507
The speeds seem fine to me. :dontknow: As for status updates, they'll probably get around to it once the first episodes get subbed (if not sooner), or else people will be nagging them in the forums. :p:

Weird, it's been playing up for me over the weekend and now at work where the internet connection is incredibly quick, so I was just curious. And yeah, it's no biggie regarding the status updates, I'm just impatient. :tongue:

I notice you watched Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - what did you make of it? I'm curious to hear as many opinions as possible about this episode, as it was just so... odd!

Aha, indeed! Personally, this is one of the few I was anticipating the most due to the staff on board (Seiji, Makoto and Kyutta). I also happen to like some of nano.RIPE's music, so it was a pleasant surprise to hear the OP.

Anyway, this aside, odd is an understatement! This comes eerily close to trumping my experience of watching Mind Game while completely stoned, and that's saying something. :tongue: But yeah, without going into too much detail as I'm at work, it's definitely interesting. Suffice to say, I'm keeping this one on.
Original post by Aiko
Aha, indeed! Personally, this is one of the few I was anticipating the most due to the staff on board (Seiji, Makoto and Kyutta). I also happen to like some of nano.RIPE's music, so it was a pleasant surprise to hear the OP.

Anyway, this aside, odd is an understatement! This comes eerily close to trumping my experience of watching Mind Game while completely stoned, and that's saying something. :tongue: But yeah, without going into too much detail as I'm at work, it's definitely interesting. Suffice to say, I'm keeping this one on.

I'm not sure I could actually watch the full series if every episode was like that, it might do permanent damage to my sanity. :p: As for the music, I preferred the ED - watching Koi Kaze reminded me how much I liked Itou Masumi, so it's great to find another theme sung by her so soon afterwards!

I just watched the 12th episode of Saki Achiga-hen... I recently heard it was going to be 15 eps long, but the narration at the end and lack of next episode preview would suggest otherwise. :hmmmm2: A-P is also marking it as finished. You wouldn't happen to know what's happening with the final three eps, would you? *figures that if anyone knows it'd be you, as a fan who also has the advantage of being able to read Japanese*. Don't let me bother you too much if you're at work, I can wait for a reply (or if someone else knows, that'd be great!). :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3509
Original post by Carecup
Code Geass OVA trailer.

I saw an 8.4 in the vid does that mean it will be out on august the 4th (using the US system since if it was the 8th of April it would be out by now :tongue: ), hopefually it won't take too long to dub :redface:.
Reply 3510
I'm not sure I could actually watch the full series if every episode was like that, it might do permanent damage to my sanity. :p: As for the music, I preferred the ED - watching Koi Kaze reminded me how much I liked Itou Masumi, so it's great to find another theme sung by her so soon afterwards!

I found the whole thing rather amusing, especially the last scene with the bread robot type thingy, which was hilarious. :giggle: On the production front, the animation was pretty attractive and the seiyuu did a great job encapsulating the bizarre tone of the series. In a way, I consider this to be this season's Tsuritama, of which I'm also really enjoying at the moment.

I just watched the 12th episode of Saki Achiga-hen... I recently heard it was going to be 15 eps long, but the narration at the end and lack of next episode preview would suggest otherwise. :hmmmm2: A-P is also marking it as finished. You wouldn't happen to know what's happening with the final three eps, would you? *figures that if anyone knows it'd be you, as a fan who also has the advantage of being able to read Japanese*. Don't let me bother you too much if you're at work, I can wait for a reply (or if someone else knows, that'd be great!). :smile:

From my understanding, the three extra episodes will be released as OVAs. As to when I'm not entirely sure as I haven't read of an exact release date. However, it seems the focus will be primarily on Achiga, much to my dismay. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3512
Hi guys!! I've watched a lot of anime and I don't find anything to watch now.

Every anime I watch now looks to much like any other :frown:
If I give a list of the animes I like, Would you provide similar recomendations?

Or maybe this is not the right place.¡ to ask? ^^
Reply 3513
Original post by r4ndom
Hi guys!! I've watched a lot of anime and I don't find anything to watch now.

Every anime I watch now looks to much like any other :frown:
If I give a list of the animes I like, Would you provide similar recomendations?

Or maybe this is not the right place.¡ to ask? ^^

Absolutely, fire away. I'm sure we'll be able to recommend something that'll tickle your fancy. :smile:
Reply 3514
Original post by Aiko
Absolutely, fire away. I'm sure we'll be able to recommend something that'll tickle your fancy. :smile:

Great :^_^:

Ok, It's a mixture of the animes I like most. There are a bit of everything... accion, comedy and sports.
Also, I write as they come to my mind, so I may be forgeting a few :smile:

Gungrave
Berskerk
Hajime ni ippo
One outs
Darker than black
Fate state night
Getbackers
D-Gray Man
Rorouni Kenshin
Great Teacher Onizuka
Lucky Star
Initial D
PlaneteS
Last Exile
____
Slam dunk

Mmm, I'll add some more titles when I have checked my old lists :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by r4ndom
Great :^_^:

Ok, It's a mixture of the animes I like most. There are a bit of everything... accion, comedy and sports.
Also, I write as they come to my mind, so I may be forgeting a few :smile:

Gungrave
Berskerk
Hajime ni ippo
One outs
Darker than black
Fate state night
Getbackers
D-Gray Man
Rorouni Kenshin
Great Teacher Onizuka
Lucky Star
Initial D

Mmm, I'll add some more titles when I have checked my old lists :rolleyes:

Welcome to the society. :smile: You have a lot of different series there! Here are a few things I would recommend that are similar to one or more of those you mentioned:

Fate/Zero (prequel to Fate/Stay Night that just finished airing)

Claymore (for medieval action/violence)

Azumanga Daioh (similar style of comedy to Lucky Star)

Gokusen (similar to Great Teacher Onizuka, except the teacher is a woman... and part of a Yakuza family!)

Trigun (a classic)

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 3516
Welcome to the society. :smile: You have a lot of different series there! Here are a few things I would recommend that are similar to one or more of those you mentioned:

Fate/Zero (prequel to Fate/Stay Night that just finished airing)

Claymore (for medieval action/violence)

Azumanga Daioh (similar style of comedy to Lucky Star)

Gokusen (similar to Great Teacher Onizuka, except the teacher is a woman... and part of a Yakuza family!)

Trigun (a classic)

Hope that helps. :smile:

I've watched them all except Zero and Claymore. I didn't know there was any prequel of FSN :biggrin:
Claymore... well I thought about it many times, but it just wasn't appealing enough xD I'll give it a try

Thank you :smile:

edit:
I scrolled up and I think I may also try Code Geass. I usually don't like Mechas. But well, whatever xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3517
Original post by r4ndom
I scrolled up and I think I may also try Code Geass. I usually don't like Mechas. But well, whatever xD

You might well like it: it's more a flamboyant show about superpowered battles of wits in which mecha sometimes appear than an out-and-out, robots all the time mecha show like Gundam, VOTOMS, &c.
Reply 3518
Original post by QHF
You might well like it: it's more a flamboyant show about superpowered battles of wits in which mecha sometimes appear than an out-and-out, robots all the time mecha show like Gundam, VOTOMS, &c.

Nice. I'll try it them. I enjoied Full Metal Panic so... xD
Some people might remember me asking about an anime with a dancing mech in its OP a while back - a friend was trying to remember what series it was. I showed him the OP for Overman King Gainer which someone suggested, but apparently that wasn't it... anyway, I got more details out of him:

Corone
My mention of a dancing mech may be a red herring that's leading you astray. There was only one dancing robot in the op, a big red one, with boxing glove hands and a pinnocchio nose... All while some applecheeked blonde girl dances around in the foreground.
After a moment of head-scratching, it finally clicked he was referring to Tenshi ni Narumon! Definitely got led astray by his selective memory/obsession with robots on that one. :p:

[Exiled-Destiny]_I'm_Gonna_Be_An_Angel_Ep01v2_(9DC9B8E7).mkv_snapshot_01.23_[2012.07.03_15.10.20.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest