The Student Room Group

Any oldies still about?!

I got curious, I haven't actually posted in AGES!
Can we still spam in here?! or is it the board now moded by the police??

Any oldies in the house say yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

*By oldies I mean users with a join date ~04 - 08

I will probably read your replies this time next year :smile:

Scroll to see replies

yeh there's a few of us kicking about
Reply 2
Yup :smile: Used to mod as well :tongue:
Reply 3
:colondollar:
Reply 4
not really an oldie, but you can pretty much spam in here I think. New mods will come on the chat very soon, but for now its the supermods who mod this forum.
Reply 5

No WAY!!!!!!! What ARE you still doing here LPK?!?! Hahahahahah :biggrin:

Hi everyone, I don't even remember most of the usernames - I think maybe Hannah, but then I might be lying.

Supermods?!? Did TSR even have those before? Why aren't you a mod anymore LPK?
Original post by dimexi

Hi everyone, I don't even remember most of the usernames - I think maybe Hannah, but then I might be lying.

I used to be XenaGlamRocker

changed to PMP a few years ago
Reply 7
Original post by dimexi
No WAY!!!!!!! What ARE you still doing here LPK?!?! Hahahahahah :biggrin:

Supermods?!? Did TSR even have those before? Why aren't you a mod anymore LPK?

I only sign in seldomly. It's quite a big coincidence I just happened to click on Chat not long after you had posted a thread. :tongue:

I stepped down from being a mod ages agooo. I sorta lost interest in the site and just focused on other shizzle instead. :biggrin:

How's life been treating you? :cool:
Reply 8
I've been here a good few years. Since 2006 I think.

Edit - 2005 apparently.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by LPK
I only sign in seldomly. It's quite a big coincidence I just happened to click on Chat not long after you had posted a thread. :tongue:

I stepped down from being a mod ages agooo. I sorta lost interest in the site and just focused on other shizzle instead. :biggrin:

How's life been treating you? :cool:

Life is good thanks! I am pretty much the same, in fact I rarely log in if at all!
How's everything with you?! You must have started + finished uni now. I remember when you were like 12 :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I used to be XenaGlamRocker

changed to PMP a few years ago

Were you ever a sub?!

I remember the good ol' days with the backroom and the "dodgy" threads hehe... Is that still there? :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by dimexi
Life is good thanks! I am pretty much the same, in fact I rarely log in if at all!
How's everything with you?! You must have started + finished uni now. I remember when you were like 12 :tongue:

All is ok thankiesss. I have indeed just finished university this year, and will be starting my Masters in September. :colondollar:

You must be about 50 now, right? :tongue:
Original post by dimexi
Were you ever a sub?!

I remember the good ol' days with the backroom and the "dodgy" threads hehe... Is that still there? :biggrin:

the backroom is still there yes.

I was a sub a couple of times back in 2008, and I am a sub at the moment.
Reply 13
Original post by LPK
All is ok thankiesss. I have indeed just finished university this year, and will be starting my Masters in September. :colondollar:

You must be about 50 now, right? :tongue:

MASTERS?!?!?!?! You are still meant to be 12! :tongue:

Hold on, how long did it take me to reply this? I am too old for this website, the bright colours hurt my eyes and I don't understand my CP anymore.
Reply 14
Just thought to fulfil my yearly log-in... Man, this place is even more unrecognisable! So much clutter, how do people navigate with so much clutter everywhere?!?! I am definitely getting too old for computers :tongue:.

Also, they removed join dates from member banners :frown:(.. You finished your masters LPK? :tongue:
Reply 15
Just checking if I am the only oldie alive!

Does TSR do deals on Stair lifts and Zimmerframes? (asking for a friend :wink:)
Original post by dimexi
Just checking if I am the only oldie alive!

Does TSR do deals on Stair lifts and Zimmerframes? (asking for a friend :wink:)

Wow this thread is a real time capsule, I'm impressed.
Original post by HoldThisL
Wow this thread is a real time capsule, I'm impressed.

Don't be. While some of us oldies are still here, most of what we stood for has been sold out. Like PMP mentioned the Back Room six years ago - that went west nearly four years ago, following a flame-war between two fantastically immature subs, and it turned out that the new management (as it was then) had been looking for excuses to kill that particular feature for some time.

The oldies here are mostly grumpy old buggers like me now.
Ah six years ago when Arsenal were still in the champions League about to lose to Bayern Munich. Now rightfully masturBATEd in the Europa. How the mighty have fallen
I don't quite fit into the "oldies" category mentioned in the OP, but having joined almost a decade ago (June 09) I do feel that I am one!

Quick Reply

Latest