The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6940
Original post by Nirgilis
Anybody seen Moneyball and can tell me if it's worth a watch? On special offer at HMV at the moment, and I've had my eye on it for a while :sexface:

I really liked it.
Finally crossed The Usual Suspects off my list last night...
'Project X' ...any good? Heard good things about it, but then was also told the end half hour was rubbish. Is it worth the watch?

pls respond :plz2:
Reply 6943
I just watched Drive. All was going well, groovy soundtrack, great use of colours, until

Spoiler

Just watched From Dusk Til Dawn and a thought came up: WHAT IS THE SEXIEST MOVIE SCENE?

Probably won't beat this...

[video="youtube;UYxxgvA8rlM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYxxgvA8rlM[/video]
Reply 6945
Wow :perv:

Ahh, classic Quentin with his foot fetish.
I love from Dust Till Dawn though, it has one of the greatest scenes of cinema history in IMO:

:colone:

I watched The Losers the other night, it was decent. Don't suppose anyone could tell me how the comic is?
I liked From Dusk Til Dawn :h:
Reply 6947
Just saw Spiderman. I love comics. I love CGI. Therefore, I loved it! :love:
Reply 6949
Some of the recommendations by Netflix are truly awful. I haven't even watched a children's film on it and they're recommending me Stuart Little 2. :colonhash:
Thought I might as well get my free Netflix trial and see if my new internet connection can handle streaming. Spent ages trying to decide what to watch and there isn't really a decent way for me to browse the genres...settled on Hobo with a Shotgun!
Reply 6951
Just watched Tell No One, considering the reviews I was reading beforehand I was expecting something amazing but personally would rate it a 8/10.

I was surprised to hear that it was a book by an American author, considering the storyline is pretty intriguing you'd think an American version would be made before a French one.

The acting was superb. There was a really blatant age difference between the main couple though which was really annoying. They show flashbacks of them as children were they're clearly the same age and then in the present you could clearly tell the actor was like 15/20 years older!

And luckily this wasn't dubbed like the other foreign film I watched on Netflix.
Original post by Deshi
Some of the recommendations by Netflix are truly awful. I haven't even watched a children's film on it and they're recommending me Stuart Little 2. :colonhash:

I'll go one further than that. Supposedly, Netflix has the most diverse and extensive database of movies to stream. I've browsed it several times at a friends house, and there is absolutely **** all on there. I've repeatedly found myself searching up to a dozen titles at a time, and being continually greeted with 'no results'.

Whether Love Film is any better, I don't know.

I just watched Nolan's early attempt at filmmaking, Following. His trademark style is prevalent, and as a writer, I connected more than the typical viewer would. A bit unrealistic overall, though a good film, to be sure.

7/10
Reply 6953
Original post by Revent
Just saw Spiderman. I love comics. I love CGI. Therefore, I loved it! :love:

Apparently The Amazing Spiderman is not Amazing but still worth a watch. I still haven't seen the Avengers :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6954
Original post by T-Toe
Apparently The Amazing Spiderman is not Amazing but still worth a watch. I still haven't seen the Avengers :frown:

Not as amazing as the Avengers :p: But it's not bad! It is worth a watch :smile:
Ie, parts of it made me go wtf that is lame, etc.. but most of it was enjoyable
Watch the Avengers!! It's awesome!
Reply 6955
Original post by T-Toe

Original post by Revent
Not as amazing as the Avengers :p: But it's not bad! It is worth a watch :smile:
Ie, parts of it made me go wtf that is lame, etc.. but most of it was enjoyable
Watch the Avengers!! It's awesome!

Going to see it today, hope it doesn't disappoint because Spiderman 3 really was a massive let down and he's one of my fave heroes.
And Avengers is pretty good! though some bits are just needless. Definitely worth a watch.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6956
Original post by Falcon91
Going to see it today, hope it doesn't disappoint because Spiderman 3 really was a massive let down and he's one of my fave heroes.
And Avengers is pretty good! though some bits are just needless. Definitely worth a watch.

You'll enjoy :smile: I liked this better than the original. The Lizard was an interesting villain though, I have to say.
I have just watched Chronicle, it is seriously one of the best films I have seen this year, a must watch IMO...
Reply 6958
Original post by arnoob
I have just watched Chronicle, it is seriously one of the best films I have seen this year, a must watch IMO...

I'll get to it!
Reply 6959
Original post by arnoob

:erm: Really?

Quick Reply

Latest