The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

hahahaha..... reeeaaaaaaaaaaly?

Yeah we were ready to leave out of boredom by halfway through and then they chucked in a load of crashing and banging at the end. It wasn't much less boring but was at least a change in pace. One of the most competent but utterly forgettable films of the year. WE GOTZ MAJIK POWERZ BUT WIL THEY BE UZED FER GOOD OR BAD.....
Original post by arnoob
I have just watched Chronicle, it is seriously one of the best films I have seen this year, a must watch IMO...

I was alright. Just a little... predictable and cliched :erm: . The kid got really annoying for me though, so maybe I'm a little bias :tongue:
Reply 6962
Original post by Revent
Just saw Spiderman. I love comics. I love CGI. Therefore, I loved it! :love:

I like how they made it slightly more comedic than the other trilogy, I felt it was truer to the original Spiderman comics. I also think Andrew Garfield pulled off the role better than Tobey Maguire.

I didn't like the product placement of Bing. :colonhash:
Original post by T-Toe
Apparently The Amazing Spiderman is not Amazing but still worth a watch. I still haven't seen the Avengers :frown:

I'm not too interesting in watching the Amazing Spiderman because they have changed the actor and I'm sick of when they do this and they don't explain what happened and they go along as if they always had that face- at least in Doctor Who they explain whats happened.
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm not too interesting in watching the Amazing Spiderman because they have changed the actor and I'm sick of when they do this and they don't explain what happened and they go along as if they always had that face- at least in Doctor Who they explain whats happened.

Are you kidding me?
Original post by cambo211
Are you kidding me?

Why would I be kidding you?and if you thought my point was wrong,you could have at least posted your views,with reasons:confused:
Why would I be kidding you?and if you thought my point was wrong,you could have at least posted your views,with reasons:confused:

Herp-a-derp.

This isn't Spiderman 4. It's not the same character Toby Maguire played. From this films viewpoint Toby Maguire doesn't exist.

The actor didn't change, because the 3 previous films never happened.
Why don't they ever explain James Bond's face change?

PLOTHOLE.
Original post by Revent
:erm: Really?

Original post by Mister Dead
hahahaha..... reeeaaaaaaaaaaly?

Yeah we were ready to leave out of boredom by halfway through and then they chucked in a load of crashing and banging at the end. It wasn't much less boring but was at least a change in pace. One of the most competent but utterly forgettable films of the year. WE GOTZ MAJIK POWERZ BUT WIL THEY BE UZED FER GOOD OR BAD.....

Original post by Nirgilis
I was alright. Just a little... predictable and cliched :erm: . The kid got really annoying for me though, so maybe I'm a little bias :tongue:

Well the reviews can back me up when I say that it is a really good film :smile:
Original post by Colonel.

PLOTHOLE.

I always took it for granted that the answer, for everything unknown- never mind just Bond- was Aliens.
Reply 6970
Original post by arnoob
Well the reviews can back me up when I say that it is a really good film :smile:

Meh, it had potential but Andrew was such a whiny bitch. Like seriously, Apex predator? :mmm:

Original post by Pi!
I like how they made it slightly more comedic than the other trilogy, I felt it was truer to the original Spiderman comics. I also think Andrew Garfield pulled off the role better than Tobey Maguire.

I didn't like the product placement of Bing. :colonhash:

Yeah, definitely :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Revent
Meh, it had potential but Andrew was such a whiny bitch. Like seriously, Apex predator? :mmm:

I do admit, that wanting to be a Apex predator is a pathetic reason for his actions :redface:

PLOTHOLE.

I've adopted the theory that James Bond is just a codename placeholder like 007. And it's passed on when one is killed or retires.

It was worse in Batman: they changed the face from Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney to Christian Bale and pretended he suffered from some sort of amnesia in not realising he was already Batman in the past 4 films. What's up with that? :frown:
There's a new Disney film being released in 2013 called Oz: the Great and Powerful. Apparently it's going to be a sequel to the 1939 classic, The Wizard of Oz. I have to say, I really like the look of it. Along with this reinterpretation, there's also going to be an animated version and a CGI/stop-motion version. Can't wait! :excited:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/04/oz-the-great-and-powerful-movie-poster/
Original post by cambo211
Herp-a-derp.

This isn't Spiderman 4. It's not the same character Toby Maguire played. From this films viewpoint Toby Maguire doesn't exist.

The actor didn't change, because the 3 previous films never happened.

Its still spiderman though and you can't have two spidermans out of canon with each other-there is only one spiderman.
Reply 6975
Its still spiderman though and you can't have two spidermans out of canon with each other-there is only one spiderman.

:lolwut: are you trolling? Seriously?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

So you're telling me Michael Keaton is Christian Bale...

It's all clear to me now :moon:

PLOTHOLE.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I've adopted the theory that James Bond is just a codename placeholder like 007. And it's passed on when one is killed or retires.

I do believe that in Skyfall, it is going to heavily elude to this.

Another major plot-hole is that Felix Leiter not only grows a new leg but changes ethnicity since License to Kill. :lol:

----------------------------------------------------

Seen a couple of films recently,

One Day and In Time. Both were quite good really.
Original post by SirMasterKey
I do believe that in Skyfall, it is going to heavily elude to this.

Another major plot-hole is that Felix Leiter not only grows a new leg but changes ethnicity since License to Kill. :lol:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Oh yeah, I was just taking the piss out of Dalekboy, but yeah, that thing that James Bond is also a codename makes so much sense, not that the legacy of other actors are needed for that.

I find myself thinking about that room of coffins in the Skyfall trailer :moon:
Reply 6979
Watched Spiderman today, loved it, though I am bias. Fight scenes were slick, comedy and emotional scenes were mostly right and the story developed at a decent pace.
Just two things they could improve on: Spiderman needs to 'feel' the injuries he suffers more, he didn't seem to portray the physical pain one should be in and they kinda overplayed how awkward Peter Parker is. Oh and Bing product placement lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending