The Student Room Group

AQA A levels Statistics

Just thought I'd set up a thread for anybody studying AQA A level statistics. Feel free to ask general questions and discuss the exams next week.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile: could someone please explain question 6bi to me please http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-SS05-W-QP-JUN10.PDF thanks
Hi how is the revision going.
Reply 3
Hi all. Hope it is all going well. So which units are you all doing/done this exam series. This series im doing all of them lol, S1 to S6. How did S5 go for you all, it seemed to go ok but my revision for s4/s5/s6 has been minimal, i put my all my eggs into the AS units. Infact I am currently trying to get my head around Acceptance Sampling right now (i kno its a bit late) and Statistical process control. I think im okish with anova but im not expecting anything great tomoz.
Reply 4
Original post by nash_e
Just thought I'd set up a thread for anybody studying AQA A level statistics. Feel free to ask general questions and discuss the exams next week.

Thanks for setting this up, it feels like nobody is doing stats, and today i decided wud set a thread up, but i saw this:smile:

And good luck for S6 tomorrow:smile:, hope S5/other exams have been going well for u.
Reply 5
Original post by ashleyrfound1
Hi how is the revision going.

Havent been doing too much of it, currently struggling atm with the Acceptance sampling but then again i only started looking at it today. I feel strong on anova tho:smile: wbu
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by M1K3
Thanks for setting this up, it feels like nobody is doing stats, and today i decided wud set a thread up, but i saw this:smile:

And good luck for S6 tomorrow:smile:, hope S5/other exams have been going well for u.

It is good to know that other people do actually do this course! It feels like my school is the only one. Hope you did well?
Reply 7
Original post by nash_e
It is good to know that other people do actually do this course! It feels like my school is the only one. Hope you did well?

Ikr, I know no one else who does this. My college doesnt even have a course for it so i am teaching myself. With the exams, Id say some went well, like S1, but i did quite badly on S3 and S6 but that is wholly due to me not revising either unit (I missed out the whole ANOVA question at the end:frown: ). Given the amount of revision I had done for S4/S5, they went better than expected but not great. Hope it went well for you:smile:.
Reply 8
Original post by M1K3

Yeh same, I'm starting this course in September and I can't wait! But can you tell me if you find it boring because a lot of people told me not to do it because of this?

Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by king0617
Yeh same, I'm starting this course in September and I can't wait! But can you tell me if you find it boring because a lot of people told me not to do it because of this?

Thanks

This really depends on the person tbh. Many people hate statistics, some people like it and get to grips with it. I personally enjoyed it, there were some parts which I found boring, but many more parts were interesting.
Reply 10
Original post by M1K3
This really depends on the person tbh. Many people hate statistics, some people like it and get to grips with it. I personally enjoyed it, there were some parts which I found boring, but many more parts were interesting.

Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me a good revision book specifically for AQA Statistics please?
Reply 11
Reply 12

Thanks

I love stats! I'm a bit of a stats nerd :wink: It's not boring, but it depends how your mind works. I'm not mathsy at all but I am quite logical. Plus I had amazing teachers :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by nash_e
I love stats! I'm a bit of a stats nerd :wink: It's not boring, but it depends how your mind works. I'm not mathsy at all but I am quite logical. Plus I had amazing teachers :smile:

Thanks, its nice to hear someone saying something positive about stats for once. I recently (a week ago) did a taster session and really enjoyed myself, although I must admit I was shock at being told I need to pay £50 for a cassio graphics calculator!
Reply 14
Thanks, its nice to hear someone saying something positive about stats for once. I recently (a week ago) did a taster session and really enjoyed myself, although I must admit I was shock at being told I need to pay £50 for a cassio graphics calculator!

I did this a level without the graphics calculator as I was told it could be done. And was a bad idea :facepalm: . It makes it soooo much easier, more so at A2 (well less time consuming certainly and given that i ran out of time in 2 of the 6 stats exams i wish i did get the graphics calc). I'm sure if you have enjoyed their taster session there is a good chance you will enjoy the a level as well.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by M1K3
I did this a level without the graphics calculator as I was told it could be done. And was a bad idea :facepalm: . It makes it soooo much easier, more so at A2 (well less time consuming certainly and given that i ran out of time in 2 of the 6 stats exams i wish i did get the graphics calc). I'm sure if you have enjoyed their taster session there is a good chance you will enjoy the a level as well.

Yeh I hope so, thanks for your experience with the graphics calculator too, or should I say lack of one:wink: How were the exams? How hard were they and how did you think you did in them?
Reply 16
Yeh I hope so, thanks for your experience with the graphics calculator too, or should I say lack of one:wink: How were the exams? How hard were they and how did you think you did in them?

Some went ok ish but some went quite badly, in the sense that i couldnt finish the paper. The exams were not hard but I could certainly have prepared more and done more past papers to get used to the style.
Reply 17
Original post by M1K3
Some went ok ish but some went quite badly, in the sense that i couldnt finish the paper. The exams were not hard but I could certainly have prepared more and done more past papers to get used to the style.

Fair enough! Are you looking forward to results day? And if your in AS year are you planning to take stats into A2?
Reply 18
Original post by nash_e

What grade are you hoping to get if you don't mind me asking:wink:?
Reply 19
Fair enough! Are you looking forward to results day? And if your in AS year are you planning to take stats into A2?

Results day; haha im not looking forward to it. Im in A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending