Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibletg)
    The piece of paper that says you're getting £9,000 tuition loan and whatever you're getting (£3500 in maintenance for me) for living costs
    that's great, i'll do that. thank you very much for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahGrace3)
    that's great, i'll do that. thank you very much for your help!
    I'm not sure how much of that letter they actually need though - like I said I copied the lot
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how much of that letter they actually need though - like I said I copied the lot
    For me, they wanted all of it.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Does anyone else living in the south west have an offer?
    My family doesn't have a car and I'm really worried about how I'm actually going to get there (if I get the grades) with all of my junk.
    Any thoughts please?

Also, I got an offer to read Law at Tit Hall, just in case anyone else is doing the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizzitrix)
    My family doesn't have a car and I'm really worried about how I'm actually going to get there (if I get the grades) with all of my junk.
    Any thoughts please?

Also, I got an offer to read Law at Tit Hall, just in case anyone else is doing the same.
    I'm not from the South West, but I hold a Tit Hall offer too! *high five*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizzitrix)
    Any thoughts please?

Im from the south-west. Whereabouts are you?

I've got an offer for NatSci at Christs.

Theres always the train...or car rental?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus sent me an offer asking for a copy of my entitlement form for Student Finance - I basically copied the lot and sent it to them
    when did you receive it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    when did you receive it?
    Same time as my offer

ReputationRep:
    Same time as my offer
    Oh i thought it was just a financial form that we need to sign. At that time i haven't got my student finance done yet. do you think if i have it now i should send them a copy? just post it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    Oh i thought it was just a financial form that we need to sign. At that time i haven't got my student finance done yet. do you think if i have it now i should send them a copy? just post it?
    I dunno, I'd check with them?

I thought the deadline for it was a few months back but you should be fine if you've signed the guarantee form? Give them a ring to find out?

ReputationRep:
    So some of the IBers already know the results - fortunately, I am one of them and it seems like I'm officially going to Cambridge. ))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacuch)
    So some of the IBers already know the results - fortunately, I am one of them and it seems like I'm officially going to Cambridge. ))
    Congratulations! That must be such a relief and you must be so happy! What course and college are you going to do?

ReputationRep:
    It is a REAL relief after over a month of re-analysing every exam I took over and over again.

I'm going to do Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences at Trinity Hall.

EDIT: omg, this sentence looks so wonderful without the word 'hopefully' in it <3

ReputationRep:
    I finally know for sure I'm going to Cambridge as well! Yay for IB! (< haha one and only time in my life that I'll say that :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -raisa)
    I finally know for sure I'm going to Cambridge as well! Yay for IB! (< haha one and only time in my life that I'll say that :P)
    Congratulations! Are you Russian by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    got 5 in physics hl but 7 in math HL to do engineering, with total point 37, because of studip Maths EE, Cambridge ask for 40, do u think they will let me in? I need to remark EE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by finance)
    Congratulations! Are you Russian by any chance?
    Thanks!

& Nope, not Russian at all (Canadian :P)

ReputationRep:
    Beat my offer by 3 points, so I'm going to Cambridge! NEVER AGAIN do I have to preface everything I say about Cambridge with "if I get in"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arialaxe)
    Beat my offer by 3 points, so I'm going to Cambridge! NEVER AGAIN do I have to preface everything I say about Cambridge with "if I get in"...
    congratulation. i need 3 more points to get in. try to convince Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arialaxe)
    Congratulations to a future CompSci! :five:

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.