The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

IQ Accommodation Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sdcgpd
I am! I booked a gold studio. What about you? Does anyone know how far it is from Heriot-Watt University?

About 30-45 min, but you can take a bike ride and it might be less than 30 min.

IQ is nice, I lived there for a year (academic) - in gold as well, so if you have any questions how it is like here just ask :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 61
I'll be starting my MSc at Univ of Edinburgh this September and really like the look of IQ. Confused bout choosing between CRM's Sugarhouse Close and IQ Fountainbridge. Can anyone comment on the silver studios at Fountainbridge from experience? Like the space..is it spacious enough to justify the steep rent? And what about the ensuite facilities? I've heard stories bout barely enough standing space at certain places and really hope IQ's much better
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello guys,

I'm an international student coming to Edinburgh for PhD and I was interested in iQ for my accommodation.

The only thing that is not clear to me is how to find a UK-based Guarantor since I don't live in the UK.

Did anybody of you have the same problem and find a solution?
Any suggestions are welcome =)

Thanks ^^

Salvatore
Original post by david_ortega
Where are you? I'm in 77 Grove street studio 104.

I book my room as well =) So, if everything stays like this, I'll be in 77 Grove street ^^ 5th floor :biggrin:
Reply 64
Hello!!!!

I am a prospective MSc student at the University of Edinburgh and I have already booked a Silver studio at Fountainbridge for the upcoming academic year!!! 5th floor!!! Anyone else at Fountain???

In addition, what are your opinion about the Silver studios, from your experience?

Are the flats guiet enough to study?

I am also a bit worried about the distance from the city centre and the campuses.. I hope transportation is good!

Thank you very much!!! :smile:
Reply 65
I have booked a room in Fountainbridge as well. It's very very close to the city centre and it depends which Uni you'll be going to whether you're campus is near there or not...
Reply 66
Hi SMB-93!!!

Thanks for the reply!

Very good news:smile:

I wiil be attending the MSc in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Edinburgh. I was informed that the several courses take place in different campuses, it depends on the module you choose.

What are you studying?

It's great to chat with another student from the same accommodation block!

Which floor are you on? Have you booked a Silver studio, as well?
Reply 67
I am at Fountainbridge too :smile:

My room is on the top floor but I do not remember the room number.

I am gonna study MSc at the University of Edinburgh and I think it is not too far to the school area. (20min walk)

Hope to see you in Fountainbridge :wink:
Reply 68
Hey everybody!

I just booked a silver studio in Fountainbridge on the 4th floor! I'll be attending the Artificial Intelligence MSc at the University of Edinburgh!

It's going to be the first time I study/live abroad (I/m from Athens, Greece) so I hope to meet you all in September! :smile:
Original post by stef_ai
Hey everybody!

I just booked a silver studio in Fountainbridge on the 4th floor! I'll be attending the Artificial Intelligence MSc at the University of Edinburgh!

It's going to be the first time I study/live abroad (I/m from Athens, Greece) so I hope to meet you all in September! :smile:

My roommate of last year is from Athens :biggrin: I'll be in Groove St.
Have fun ^^
Reply 70
Original post by Rachely
Well I'm not sure about the studios, I'm in a 5 bedroom flat. The pictures definitely make the rooms look bigger than they are, but I'm still pretty happy with the size! The kitchen is a nice size too. I would imagine the pictures make the studios look bigger too. Will you be moving into a single studio or a shared flat? :smile:

Hello Rachel,

What do you mean you are in a 5 bedroom flat? I thought that all the rooms are single ensuite in fountainbridge?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 71
Hello everyone,

My friend will be doing an MSc at the University of Edinburgh and is seriously considering Fountainbridge for accommodation. Is there anyone who lived there and has photos of the room? She is worried that the photos on the website are not representative!

We would really appreciate some help! :-) .
Reply 72
does anyone know how leanient they are with payment dates since student finance dont seem to be paying me until the 17th of Sep and the first payment is due on the 31st of Aug? thanks.
Reply 73
Original post by fredbraty
Hello Rachel,

What do you mean you are in a 5 bedroom flat? I thought that all the rooms are single ensuite in fountainbridge?

I stayed in a flat in IQ fountainbridge last year, there were 5 bedrooms each with ensuite and we shared one kitchen between the 5 of us.
The main door to our flat led to the 5 bedrooms and kitchen.
I hope this makes sense! :smile:
Reply 74
Hey,

anybody considering to stay in Grove Str beginning Sept 2013? :smile:
I am looking at the Grove for 2013
Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and I are coming to Edinburgh in September both to do postgraduate programmes and are considering booking a studio at IQ Fountainbridge. Is there anyone who could give us a first-hand review what living there is currently like? Any advise for or against IQ Fountainbridge?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Alexander_XXX
Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and I are coming to Edinburgh in September both to do postgraduate programmes and are considering booking a studio at IQ Fountainbridge. Is there anyone who could give us a first-hand review what living there is currently like? Any advise for or against IQ Fountainbridge?

Thanks in advance!

Hello. There are loads of great reviews on the iQ website as well as on their Facebook page, so I'm just gonna trust them. The rooms do look very nice as well from the photos and videos I've seen. I'm moving into a shared flat at iQ Grove, and I'm pretty excited :biggrin:
Yes. It depends on what you are after. I lived there and moved out early-before my lease. I found the woman who worked in the front Emma to be rather rude. The places are really small and if you like to have people over then it will be crammed. It was a serious downsize for me. Additionally, you can find a place in the city cheaper than what the prices go for. I moved out into a flat that was 450 per month not including bills but my bills never equaled what I was paying at fountain bridge. It was convenient, sure, when I first moved here to have a place immediately- but I would suggest finding a place in the city. If you want to chat more, just let me know.
Original post by StaceySigns
Yes. It depends on what you are after. I lived there and moved out early-before my lease. I found the woman who worked in the front Emma to be rather rude. The places are really small and if you like to have people over then it will be crammed. It was a serious downsize for me. Additionally, you can find a place in the city cheaper than what the prices go for. I moved out into a flat that was 450 per month not including bills but my bills never equaled what I was paying at fountain bridge. It was convenient, sure, when I first moved here to have a place immediately- but I would suggest finding a place in the city. If you want to chat more, just let me know.

Oh, that's sad to hear :frown:, but thanks for your input. What type of room or flat did you stay in at iQ?

I've picked an ensuite bedroom type 2, which I think does look a little small from the photos, but I accept it and hope it will do me OK - and at least it is bigger than my room at home :biggrin:. I plan to have my boyfriend stay round loads, and we are used to squeezing in small places sometimes anyway, and apart from the odd friend or family member visiting, I doubt I will ever have loads of people staying in my room.

How did you find the social life at iQ? I partly picked it for that as well, because I heard they hold regular social events there, which I'm hoping would help me have a better student experience. My old student halls was very boring, organising no events and it was very hard to find people to go on nights out with and stuff, so I felt a bit lonely and was just going out a lot on my own or with my boyfriend.

The new flat you eventually moved into; was that another student halls or was that just a normal flat?

I was previously looking to rent a flat with my non-student boyfriend, but we started looking a bit late and struggled to find anything suitable on time before my course starts again, hence me settling on staying alone in iQ for now. I realise from research that if you leave iQ early you still have to pay the rent or find someone else to replace you as a tenant, so I'm really hoping I've made the right choice in committing to iQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending