The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JLKeating
Congratulations! What is it? I'm sure it will be fine. I remember being a nervous wreck for my work experience. I can't say that I was nervous for my first real job as it is in the family business which I was brought up in, just became 'new' once I got onto the payroll officially!

Thanks :biggrin: it's at Primark :smile: Yeah I always get really nervous whether I have reason to or not! lol. I'll be fine once I get there though...I think lol. Thats aweasome your family has a buisness..mine doesn't :P but it must be cool having a family buisness!
Reply 41
Original post by benpearson1
Doing work experience in a hospital next week.. how very exciting :eek:

Any ideas on what to wear? I literally have no clue, want to find the right balance between formal and informal..

Most people I know who work in hospitals wear crocs. Yay. That does sound really interesting though, what will you be doing?
Reply 42
Doing work experience in a hospital next week.. how very exciting :eek:

Any ideas on what to wear? I literally have no clue, want to find the right balance between formal and informal..

I was going to get suits for mine, but I couldn't be bothered. Just going in jeans and shirts now :smile: Hope they like it :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Lucy96
Ooh thank god! I'll have to ensure I don't leave revision until two or so days before haha, or I'll be expecting lots of fails next year :wink:

Aww great! I'm taking Chemistry, Biology, English Literature and History. How about yourself? :smile:

No, don't be disheartened before you have even begun the subject.

English lit, History, Philosophy and Politics. :smile:
Original post by aefli
No, don't be disheartened before you have even begun the subject.

English lit, History, Philosophy and Politics. :smile:

I'm quite pessimistic but I'll try haha! Ooh very nice. :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Lucy96
Can't wait to start my A levels :smile:

Hey :biggrin:

Original post by CharlieBoardman
Start them over the summer then :biggrin:

Haha good tip! :smile:
Original post by aefli
Ignorance is bliss. :wink:

I'm joking. I didn't think they were too different to GCSEs actually, just more specialized and the work load, well, it got bigger. I'm looking forward to studying just Alevels next year too. What are you taking? :smile:

You know you can sue them for age discrimination :colone:
Original post by aefli
Most people I know who work in hospitals wear crocs. Yay. That does sound really interesting though, what will you be doing?

Don't know exactly what the job entails to be honest, going on one of the wards.

It should be a great experience, although I think I might have gone off the idea of medicine a little recently. I will be going in with an open mindset to decide if this really is the career path for me :smile:

and I don't own a pair of crocs that fit any more.. :eek: :ninja:
Reply 47
Original post by blueray

You know you can sue them for age discrimination :colone:

Yep, I do. :colone: But it also had to do with the hours they wanted....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
It's not age discrimination you have no qualifications and limited people skills compared to someone older. You just are not the better candidate at the moment, you definitely couldn't sue that's crazy talk.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by blueray

Haha good tip! :smile:

you self teaching anything over the summer? :smile:
you self teaching anything over the summer? :smile:

What are you going to self teach? (not even asking are you... Because I know you will :biggrin:) you've done C1 and 2 and started M1... So you should be set to finish everything :P
Reply 51
Original post by larryb
It's not age discrimination you have no qualifications and limited people skills compared to someone older. You just are not the better candidate at the moment, you definitely couldn't sue that's crazy talk.

I think they were joking :tongue:
Original post by blueray
Hey :biggrin:

Hello :smile: how are you this fine evening? :wink:
Reply 53
Don't know exactly what the job entails to be honest, going on one of the wards.

It should be a great experience, although I think I might have gone off the idea of medicine a little recently. I will be going in with an open mindset to decide if this really is the career path for me :smile:

and I don't own a pair of crocs that fit any more.. :eek: :ninja:

I think you are lucky to get such experience. I have two friends who would benefit from hospital experience (one wants to be a medic, the other a midwife) both were told that they are unlikely to be able to work in the hospital due to their age. Thats okay though, work experience is meant to clarify what you want, if after this you decide that medicine isn't for you then it might be the best work experience you do.

Oh no.....:tongue:
Reply 54
Original post by larryb

We were joking. :tongue: I'm not going to sue Waterstones any time soon.
Reply 55
Original post by aefli

I was talking more about the reason why that person isn't getting a job than the suing but take what you will :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by larryb
I was talking more about the reason why that person isn't getting a job than the suing but take what you will :smile:

Okay. :smile:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
What are you going to self teach? (not even asking are you... Because I know you will :biggrin:) you've done C1 and 2 and started M1... So you should be set to finish everything :P

I will finish M1, then S1, then C3 :smile:

Original post by usycool1
I think they were joking :tongue:

Original post by aefli

I thin somebody has taken it too literally :teehee:
Get on Skype you ignorant piece of poop. :colonhash:

xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59

I thin somebody has taken it too literally :teehee:

It would seem so. :wink: How are you Charlie?

Latest