The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Na-dia
Already seen it :frown:
The Shining? The Silence of the Lambs? Hannibal?
Reply 7021
Original post by PoGo HoPz
The Shining? The Silence of the Lambs? Hannibal?

Seen all of them, incredible watch.
Original post by Na-dia
Why not watch them again? :tongue:
Reply 7023
Original post by Na-dia

Event Horizon
Reply 7024
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Why not watch them again? :tongue:

Actually seen them a few times and would want to watch something new :smile:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The Others? Don't say you've watched that too. :unimpressed:

Yes I have :sorry:
Reply 7025
Original post by Deshi
Event Horizon

Watching now :smile: Thanks!
Reply 7026
Got around to watching The Descendants, found it alright but it was a little slow burning for my own liking.
Watched Source Code and Children of Men which were fairly decent as well.
Reply 7027
Original post by Falcon91
Got around to watching The Descendants, found it alright but it was a little slow burning for my own liking.

Haven't seen The Descendants, but I thought Source Code was great, for the most part anyway. Children of Men is fantastic IMO - featurette on those long takes :sogood: :

Original post by Falcon91

The Descendants wasn't great :nah: . Source Code was intriguing however. One of those films that really makes you think :holmes: . Haven't yet got round to Children of Men, though I do have it on DVD :lol:
Children of Men is brilliant. Even if, for some absurd reason, you don't enjoy the film you have to appreciate the choreography and cinematography.
'Magneto will be killing evil Templars in the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie. Michael Fassbender—the actor who played the Master of Magnetism in last year's X-Men prequel movie—has signed up to be the lead star in the film adaptation of Ubisoft's historical action games.'

Sort of more interested now.
Watched The Muppets. Delightful.

Original post by cambo211
'Magneto will be killing evil Templars in the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie. Michael Fassbender—the actor who played the Master of Magnetism in last year's X-Men prequel movie—has signed up to be the lead star in the film adaptation of Ubisoft's historical action games.'

Sort of more interested now.

Let's hope he keeps the same accent the whole way through this time.
Original post by Colonel.
Watched The Muppets. Delightful.

Indeed :h: . One of the best films (money wise) for our cinema last term too :holmes: (not that you needed to/wanted to know that :tongue:) . It's also hilarious when you have some of the students singing along to the songs in there :lol:
Watched The Adventures of Tintin last night. It's fantastic. I absolutely loved it and some of the set pieces were fantastic. Really Indiana Jones type film, not surprisingly.
Reply 7034
Wrath of the Titans is crap.
Reply 7035
Just watched The Land Before Time for about the millionth time. I don't know why I do it to myself. :cry2:

Reply 7036
Attempted to watch Haywire tonight but it just wasn't happening. Turned it off 15 minutes in.
Reply 7037
Original post by aja89
I think Sorkin displayed the adrenaline pumping micro drama of a newsroom in episode one and went all out with comic interaction between all the characters in episode two. I liked both very much and am predicting a more subtle mixture of the two extremes for the rest of the series. :smile:

So what did you think of episode three?
I'd say your prediction turned out to be accurate for this episode, it was certainly much stronger than number two.
Original post by Colonel.
Watched The Adventures of Tintin last night. It's fantastic. I absolutely loved it and some of the set pieces were fantastic. Really Indiana Jones type film, not surprisingly.

Did you not find it just that little bit predictable? :erm: . It was less Indiana Jones and more Scooby Doo in my eyes :lol:
Original post by Nirgilis
Did you not find it just that little bit predictable? :erm: . It was less Indiana Jones and more Scooby Doo in my eyes :lol:

I genuinely loved it. I know it was aimed at kids more than adults, but so what?

Quick Reply

Latest