The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5460
Original post by SciFiRory
:frown: I hate being so alone.

not even sure I can make camping now as my bank ****ed up something with my account and now I only have £2 in it :s-smilie:

managed to mess up even trying to shave earlier, and still not heard from the person I care about and sent a stupid text to them when drunk as well so idk.

and oh yeah, apparently I probably can't go back to Uni in October even if I wanted to as they do an assessment beforehand which given how **** my mood has been I can't imagine I would pass.

and yay the bad thoughts return. :cry2:

Okay, firstly, stop for a moment and breathe.

Right, now that's done, :jumphug: :console:

That sucks about your bank :frown: Can you call them to sort things out? They might be able to sort it. If not, is there anyone you can borrow money off? I would offer to lend you some so you can go camping but I don't really have very much money at the moment either - had to borrow money off parents for my train tickets home.

I hate it when people don't reply to drunk texts, or any texts for that matter. Sucks :frown: Maybe they just haven't seen it, or don't have credit? I know some people who just don't reply to drunk texts, or are rubbish at replying if they only see it the next morning and they just don't bother, thinking that it's not important. Annoys me, but that could be what's happened here.

When would the assessment be? I'm sure there's time to get yourself a bit better for it!

:hugs:
Reply 5461
Original post by Sabertooth
I hate, hate, hate, HATE government agencies. I'm trying to sort something out atm and I've called about 10 different numbers and got passed from one to another no one willing to help. Then I finally got the right people and they needed something faxed to them. So I ran to the library uphill to do it before they close, got really really stressed, then voices started shouting, I nearly burst out crying in the library, I'm still feeling paranoid that the librarian copied the papers I got her to fax to use against me, then I had to walk home with everyone in the street staring at me and laughing, feeling so ****. Now I'm home, they're being loud and really cruel, I called the government agency back to see if they got it and they cba to do anything with it today so it was totally useless getting myself stressed over it. Now I'm trying to read an article as I've read none today and the voices are so so so loud, I just want to hide under my blanket and cry but this needs doing so I can't. ARGH.

Anything you can do to (safely) drown out the voices? I don't have any experience of this so I don't know what to suggest, but really just replying so you know I'm here and thinking of you. :console: Also I know you have your target for all the articles but if you don't feel up to it, put it aside for a moment and don't feel guilty about not working.
Original post by d123
Okay, firstly, stop for a moment and breathe.

Right, now that's done, :jumphug: :console:

That sucks about your bank :frown: Can you call them to sort things out? They might be able to sort it. If not, is there anyone you can borrow money off? I would offer to lend you some so you can go camping but I don't really have very much money at the moment either - had to borrow money off parents for my train tickets home.

I hate it when people don't reply to drunk texts, or any texts for that matter. Sucks :frown: Maybe they just haven't seen it, or don't have credit? I know some people who just don't reply to drunk texts, or are rubbish at replying if they only see it the next morning and they just don't bother, thinking that it's not important. Annoys me, but that could be what's happened here.

When would the assessment be? I'm sure there's time to get yourself a bit better for it!

mm, trying just so wound up atm :frown:

not sure, can ask them about it and see but I don't expect much luck, if not then idk, my mum might be able to lend me some but I would have to ask her, my dad just lost his job so he can't and tbh that upset me cause now im worried about things for him.

sent them like five texts over the last few days, none of which got a reply, tried to call the other day no answer just kept ringing, sent them several PM's on here, tried to message them on Skype but they blocked me :sad: clearly I just ****ed something up so they hate me now.

not sure, probably September, just not at all convinced I will be better by then, CBT appointment I have been given will be hard to get to as my mum is working that day and my dad is away as well. they probably won't give me another appointment for ages as it took long enough to get this one. and CMHT who they suggested I see again just fobbed me off last time so I have no hopes for, not sure my GP knows what to do other than just upping my meds either. :frown:

feel so crap and overwhelmed and just wish I had friends at a time like this who I could go see or even just talk to for a bit or something, idk.
Original post by d123

Anything you can do to (safely) drown out the voices? I don't have any experience of this so I don't know what to suggest, but really just replying so you know I'm here and thinking of you. :console: Also I know you have your target for all the articles but if you don't feel up to it, put it aside for a moment and don't feel guilty about not working.

My girlfriend just asked do I want to watch batman. Probably won't be able to concentrate on it but imma give it a go. Thanks for replying. :smile: And yeah, I know I shouldn't feel guilty about not working when I can't manage it but I do....very. Watching a movie isn't going to stop that either but ergh I'll give it a go maybe it'll help with the voices. :frown:

Hope you're doing alright.
Original post by luno
I know it's not bad to ask for help but I just can't. I wouldn't say I am scared but the idea of going just makes everything feel more 'real', which scared me the most, does that make sense? I will probably end up going but I am coping at the moment. Although I often feel low and minus having a bad sleeping pattern, I feel like I am coping. I carry on with my life and routine like normal, maybe because I have to. The idea of becoming dependent on meds just scares me. I also have this thought that it'll change me as a person and hide the 'real' me. But I will keep your advice in mind, thank you :hugs:.

Luno, I think being scared of going because it makes everything feel more 'real' makes complete sense! I've felt much the same with a variety of things in regards to depression to be honest. I guess it means admitting it, and there've been times I've even been afraid to write things down because of that fear of making things seem more real, so you're not alone in having that fear. When my depression was diagnosed, I remember feeling scared that that diagnosis had actually been made, as although it didn't come as a surprise (I'd been ill for about 2 years before I saw the GP), it scared me because someone professional had actually said that's what my feeling low was, rather than me just matching the symptoms and teachers and so on saying it was likely - again, I guess it's about it becoming real, rather than a possibility. I'm pleased that you are coping though, and I hope things continue like that for you. :smile: I'd really recommend seeing your GP even so though - mine's utterly fantastic, and she's helped me a lot. If you tackle it now, then you'll be nipping it in the bud and preventing things from potentially deteriorating. :smile:

Original post by superwolf
I was walking home and spied a lovely cat which let me stroke it for ages and it rubbed up against me and let me scrungle its belly. :h: I love kitties!

Cats are awesome! I miss mine so much when I'm at uni, and cuddling mine is cathartic and calming and sometimes cheers me up a bit. :smile: She's such a sweetie. Actually, both our cats are, but one likes me more than the other. There's sometimes a cat on the road that my GP's surgery is on, and that one lets me stroke it for ages if I see it.
Reply 5465
My girlfriend just asked do I want to watch batman. Probably won't be able to concentrate on it but imma give it a go. Thanks for replying. :smile: And yeah, I know I shouldn't feel guilty about not working when I can't manage it but I do....very. Watching a movie isn't going to stop that either but ergh I'll give it a go maybe it'll help with the voices. :frown:

Hope you're doing alright.

Giving batman a go sounds like a good idea :smile: Looking forward to the new one coming out?

I'm okay, just looking forward to going home for a few days. It'll be nice to be able to relax for a bit, or hopefully relax anyway, and see my family. I'm not sure yet about the whole telling them about my health issues, but I'll work it out :smile: I'm sure it'll be fine really.

mm, trying just so wound up atm :frown:

not sure, can ask them about it and see but I don't expect much luck, if not then idk, my mum might be able to lend me some but I would have to ask her, my dad just lost his job so he can't and tbh that upset me cause now im worried about things for him.

sent them like five texts over the last few days, none of which got a reply, tried to call the other day no answer just kept ringing, sent them several PM's on here, tried to message them on Skype but they blocked me :sad: clearly I just ****ed something up so they hate me now.

not sure, probably September, just not at all convinced I will be better by then, CBT appointment I have been given will be hard to get to as my mum is working that day and my dad is away as well. they probably won't give me another appointment for ages as it took long enough to get this one. and CMHT who they suggested I see again just fobbed me off last time so I have no hopes for, not sure my GP knows what to do other than just upping my meds either. :frown:

feel so crap and overwhelmed and just wish I had friends at a time like this who I could go see or even just talk to for a bit or something, idk.

Definitely get in touch with your bank - I know in the recent Natwest/RBS debacle they gave people's money back and sorted it all out for them, or at least tried to, so it's worth asking. You'd at least be able to find out what's gone wrong. Sorry to hear about your dad's job :frown:

That's not good :frown: I really hope they start speaking to you again soon, but try not to beat yourself up about it, I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong!

Well, you can always talk to me, though I know that's not the same as talking to someone IRL, but the offer's there. I know how it feels though, when all you want is to see a friend but there's no one around or available :frown: Easy to get into negative thinking when that happens and spiral downwards :frown:
Reply 5466
Experiencing guilt and shame again because I got worried Mum was going to do an omelette two nights on the trot. Stupidest thing in the world that I should feel awful and feel I'm making others I care for feel awful because I like eat healthily and take regular exercise to manage my symptoms-too easy to get scared of exercise and just binge otherwise- but that's what's happening :frown: I just feel bad for making people feed me, I guess, like it's an inconvenience for them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by d123

Definitely get in touch with your bank - I know in the recent Natwest/RBS debacle they gave people's money back and sorted it all out for them, or at least tried to, so it's worth asking. You'd at least be able to find out what's gone wrong. Sorry to hear about your dad's job :frown:

That's not good :frown: I really hope they start speaking to you again soon, but try not to beat yourself up about it, I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong!

Well, you can always talk to me, though I know that's not the same as talking to someone IRL, but the offer's there. I know how it feels though, when all you want is to see a friend but there's no one around or available :frown: Easy to get into negative thinking when that happens and spiral downwards :frown:

yeah im with Natwest but till now my account had been okay, hopefully they can at least say where the money went yeah :erm:

idk, just really hurts cause I thought I was really close with this person and now they are ignoring me and stuff so not sure what to do, just feel awful and trying not to blame myself, but my head keeps telling me I must have done something to make this happen.

thanks, people on here are so nice, wish I had friends near me IRL who are this nice tbh! :hugs:
Reply 5468
yeah im with Natwest but till now my account had been okay, hopefully they can at least say where the money went yeah :erm:

idk, just really hurts cause I thought I was really close with this person and now they are ignoring me and stuff so not sure what to do, just feel awful and trying not to blame myself, but my head keeps telling me I must have done something to make this happen.

thanks, people on here are so nice, wish I had friends near me IRL who are this nice tbh! :hugs:

Definitely worth asking then, you might have been affected by the same problems as other people!

It sounds horrible :frown: It's awful when people you care about (and who you think care about you) start ignoring you, especially if you're prone to overthinking and a bit of paranoia. I convince myself people hate me on a regular basis, genuinely. If someone who normally talks to me a lot doesn't speak to me for two days, that's me convinced they hate me, or if one text gets ignored, I assume they're never going to speak to me again. I'm ridiculous like that. I do really hope it works out - maybe give it a couple of days and contact them again?

Original post by d123
Definitely worth asking then, you might have been affected by the same problems as other people!

It sounds horrible :frown: It's awful when people you care about (and who you think care about you) start ignoring you, especially if you're prone to overthinking and a bit of paranoia. I convince myself people hate me on a regular basis, genuinely. If someone who normally talks to me a lot doesn't speak to me for two days, that's me convinced they hate me, or if one text gets ignored, I assume they're never going to speak to me again. I'm ridiculous like that. I do really hope it works out - maybe give it a couple of days and contact them again?

aye, hoping is just an error or something but idk :/

yeah...it really sucks, I get insanely paranoid too, just so scared of being reject by people or them not talking to me again :frown: it really is awful! I might try and get in touch with them again at some point soon yeah, but I don't hold out much help tbh
Reply 5470
aye, hoping is just an error or something but idk :/

yeah...it really sucks, I get insanely paranoid too, just so scared of being reject by people or them not talking to me again :frown: it really is awful! I might try and get in touch with them again at some point soon yeah, but I don't hold out much help tbh

Rejection is awful :frown: I know that feeling all too well!
Original post by d123
Rejection is awful :frown: I know that feeling all too well!

:hugs: sorry to hear that, it really is ****, hopefully not something we have to go through again, really not sure how I am gonna cope with this one yet alone anymore!
Apparently, in his final moments and having been unconscious for some time, it was observed by all present that Dickens let out an audible sigh and a tear formed in his eye as he took his final breath and slipped gently from the world. Doubtless the death of a genius. I love reading biographies of exceptional people but it doesn't half set a measure by which I can only be too aware of my own lack of achievements.
Reply 5473
Original post by bullettheory
Hey guys, another quick update from me. Unfortunately after being on a section 136 last night, I had a Mental Health Act assessment this morning and I've been sectioned. So I'm going back to the hospital I was in before. Feel a complete failure, I didn't think this would happen, I didn't believe it, but it has. I don't know...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh dear :hugs:
Reply 5474
Everything is still really crap :cry:. Been so ill today. Don't have the energy to do anything.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S
Reply 5475
Original post by bullettheory
Hey guys, another quick update from me. Unfortunately after being on a section 136 last night, I had a Mental Health Act assessment this morning and I've been sectioned. So I'm going back to the hospital I was in before. Feel a complete failure, I didn't think this would happen, I didn't believe it, but it has. I don't know...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I'm really sorry to hear that, was just thinking about you earlier.
Still the path to recovery isn't always (or indeed usually :tongue:) straight and easy and maybe this is a chance to learn some more valuable lessons that you can use in the future if things get hard again. :console: Keep in touch still if you can :hugs:
Original post by d123
Giving batman a go sounds like a good idea :smile: Looking forward to the new one coming out?

I'm okay, just looking forward to going home for a few days. It'll be nice to be able to relax for a bit, or hopefully relax anyway, and see my family. I'm not sure yet about the whole telling them about my health issues, but I'll work it out :smile: I'm sure it'll be fine really.

Watched most of it, but my brain needs a break from the concentrating. :rolleyes: Definitely looking forward to the new one, gonna be sweet! :biggrin:

I imagine it'll be great to see your cats, I used to love returning from university to see my dog, really made my day :h: Give the telling your parents a lot of thought, it can make things easier if you run into problems later but it can also make things awkward depending on your parents, there are pros and cons of each and everyone's different.
Reply 5477
Urgh feeling crap about myself again, all because i broke a tooth :frown:
Reply 5478
Watched most of it, but my brain needs a break from the concentrating. :rolleyes: Definitely looking forward to the new one, gonna be sweet! :biggrin:

I imagine it'll be great to see your cats, I used to love returning from university to see my dog, really made my day :h: Give the telling your parents a lot of thought, it can make things easier if you run into problems later but it can also make things awkward depending on your parents, there are pros and cons of each and everyone's different.

Yeah, I'm working on how to tell them. I want to, I think, but I just haven't worked out the best time yet. I'm home for a few days so I'll try to fit it in somewhere.
Reply 5479
Original post by 22KT22
Urgh feeling crap about myself again, all because i broke a tooth :frown:

Sorry to hear that :frown: :console:

Latest