The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Freshers at Strathclyde University 2012/13

Hi there, my name is Steph and I'm going to come over to Glasgow in 2 months. I wanted to start this thread to get to know other freshers starting Strathclyde University the coming September.
So, who's coming? Have you already received your accomodation letter?( I haven't, but it won't take long anymore) What are you going to study? How old are you?
Please let me know, I'm curious who else will start with me this year!

Scroll to see replies

Hiya, I'm Rachel and I'll be studying Chemistry with Drug Discovery come September. I'll be 19 when I start. :smile: I'm commuting from home as its only a 20 minute train journey to uni so it will save me quite a lot of money.

What will you be studying?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Hey! I'm Javier and I will start my masters degree in Global Innovation Management next September. I'm 24 and also I still waiting my accommodation letter. BTW I'm from Costa Rica :biggrin:.

Pura Vida
Javier
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ScottishShortiex
Hiya, I'm Rachel and I'll be studying Chemistry with Drug Discovery come September. I'll be 19 when I start. :smile: I'm commuting from home as its only a 20 minute train journey to uni so it will save me quite a lot of money.

What will you be studying?

Sounds interesting too, I subscribed for Journalism and Creative Writing and I want to combine it with English and Economics.
Oh that's a good thing in a way, on the other side, I want to be further away so that I may be a little more independent. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jrodriguezj.88
Hey! I'm Javier and I will start my masters degree in Global Innovation Management next September. I'm 24 and also I still waiting my accommodation letter. BTW I'm from Costa Rica :biggrin:.

Pura Vida
Javier

Well I'll be 25 on Friday and I'm only starting my first year... Are you entitled to accomodation on campus? Costa Rica... wow, so you have quite a long travel to Scotland?
Reply 5
Somebody obviously created a facebook group as well, that might be worth joining. Simply type Strathclyde Freshers 2012 and a group with currently around 43 members pops up :wink: maybe we find potential coursemates there :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by alaska.
Somebody obviously created a facebook group as well, that might be worth joining. Simply type Strathclyde Freshers 2012 and a group with currently around 43 members pops up :wink: maybe we find potential coursemates there :biggrin:

Really?
I have been looking for a group for hours and created this one when I ccouldn't find another one! Ok thanks!
Yes, I applied for on campus residence. You're right, long travel from Costa Rica to NY and then from NY to Glasgow :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by steph.b
Hi there, my name is Steph and I'm going to come over to Glasgow in 2 months. I wanted to start this thread to get to know other freshers starting Strathclyde University the coming September.
So, who's coming? Have you already received your accomodation letter?( I haven't, but it won't take long anymore) What are you going to study? How old are you?
Please let me know, I'm curious who else will start with me this year!

Hello Steph,

I'm Chantz Fox, 26 years young, from California, USA and will be attending a Msc in International Marketing. I've spent quite a bit of time in Glasgow in the past and you will certainly have no shortage of fun. I've sorted my accommodation with friends I've previously lived with before in Glasgow. I wasn't fond of the University accommodations during my first stint of studies at Strathclyde. (I had to return home half way through my masters to help my mother).
Hello all,
I'm Kiara and will be studying Chemistry. I'm 18 years old and will still be 18 when we start in September. Also, I'm an international student from Holland and have applied for on campus accommodation. I won't get an accommodation offer until the end of August because that is when I'll receive my last grade.

Hiya, I'm Rachel and I'll be studying Chemistry with Drug Discovery come September.

Hi :biggrin: we'll probably have some classes together.
Reply 10
Original post by jrodriguezj.88
Yes, I applied for on campus residence. You're right, long travel from Costa Rica to NY and then from NY to Glasgow :smile:

Wow, that's amazing! So you're not going home that frequently!
Reply 11
Original post by KiaraMarissa
Hello all,
I'm Kiara and will be studying Chemistry. I'm 18 years old and will still be 18 when we start in September. Also, I'm an international student from Holland and have applied for on campus accommodation. I won't get an accommodation offer until the end of August because that is when I'll receive my last grade.

Hi KiaraMarissa! So you have to wait for that long? Poor you!
Original post by steph.b
Hi KiaraMarissa! So you have to wait for that long? Poor you!

Hi! My name is Kiara. Marissa is my middle name.
I know right?! It sucks that I have to wait till then, all the good accommodation will be gone for sure and I'll probably end up at Birkbeck. Oh well.. I've heard it should be lots of fun there, but I think I'd go crazy from the constant parties that are supposedly happening there 24/7.

Oh hi! Yeah I'm assuming that we'll probably be in a few classes together. :smile: Do you have Facebook? If you do, have you joined the Strathclyde University Freshers 2012-2013 group yet?
Reply 14
Hi! My name is Kiara. Marissa is my middle name.
I know right?! It sucks that I have to wait till then, all the good accommodation will be gone for sure and I'll probably end up at Birkbeck. Oh well.. I've heard it should be lots of fun there, but I think I'd go crazy from the constant parties that are supposedly happening there 24/7.

Well I'm so jealous of those already having their accomodation offer! Actually it doesn't matter to me where I stay but I want everything to be fixed by now... Patience is not my strength... I hope you're not going nuts waiting! Xoxo

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Oh hi! Yeah I'm assuming that we'll probably be in a few classes together. :smile: Do you have Facebook? If you do, have you joined the Strathclyde University Freshers 2012-2013 group yet?

Yes I joined the group this morning. After I read about it on this thread :wink: Not that many people yet. But it should be helpful once I find out what accommodation I got. Are you on there too?

Original post by steph.b
Well I'm so jealous of those already having their accomodation offer! Actually it doesn't matter to me where I stay but I want everything to be fixed by now... Patience is not my strength... I hope you're not going nuts waiting! Xoxo

At least yours is on the way.. you'll get it soon enough.
Waiting is truly driving me crazy. I'm worrying that I'm going to be rejected even after I met my offer or that something is wrong with my documents when I send them in. I will have two weeks after my final grade for them to sort it out and change my status to unconditional. I won't have time to change anything or have it translated. Also, I hope they'd email me stuff, because postal mail is soo damn slow.
Yes I joined the group this morning. After I read about it on this thread :wink: Not that many people yet. But it should be helpful once I find out what accommodation I got. Are you on there too?

Yeah I joined the group yesterday after hearing about it on this thread too. I think it will be really useful for hearing about freshers events and finding potential coursemates once people start posting stuff on it. Seeing as I'll be commuting from home, I won't need to use it for accommodation purposes. You looking forward to September?
Reply 17
This is maybe the first time I'm a tad annoyed I'm not on facebook :tongue: But ah well all the info about Freshers week will be added to the Union website as well so I don't have to worry missing out on something phaha.
Reply 18
Original post by FinnLassie
This is maybe the first time I'm a tad annoyed I'm not on facebook :tongue: But ah well all the info about Freshers week will be added to the Union website as well so I don't have to worry missing out on something phaha.

I don't think you're missing out on too much atm - it is rather empty atm and people seem to be a lot more shy than here on TSR! Well done on being strong - I had to give up about 1 year and a half ago :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 19
Oh btw, I'll better introduce myself: My name's Sibylle and I am 20 years old (will turn 21 in July though). I will start a Business degree at SBS in September :smile: Are there any other prospective Business students out there?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending