The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Any postgrad received some news today? This waiting is killing me now :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 341
just joined this forum. I also applied for postgrad scholarship at wmn, haven't heard anything yet. the waiting is really terrible.
Reply 342
hey!

I have read an entire thread too. And I also applied for a full scholarship to the uwm. I applied in the beginning of February and they still haven't notified me. Though two weeks ago they send that if I do not receive anything from them means that my application is waiting to be considered. HOW LONG??? to wait for this.

I wrote last week, they stopped replying. ahahaha.
I am really worried that they can't deliberate on this. it's already summer. no work except this.... awful.

good luck to all of you, though!!!
Reply 343
Ive applied as well and I am waiting to hear.I only know of two of my friends who received rejection letters yesterday in the morning at the same time
Reply 344
at least they are working... we know now
Reply 345
Original post by annushka
hey!

I have read an entire thread too. And I also applied for a full scholarship to the uwm. I applied in the beginning of February and they still haven't notified me. Though two weeks ago they send that if I do not receive anything from them means that my application is waiting to be considered. HOW LONG??? to wait for this.

I am really worried that they can't deliberate on this. it's already summer. no work except this.... awful.

annushka

ha ha....you made me laugh,that was quite funny!

Anyway,we're all still waiting,i sent my application last week of April and got nothing from them to date except the confirmation of receiving my scholarship application.

Why dint they reply you again?...aha ha
Reply 346
Original post by smmy293
Ive applied as well and I am waiting to hear.I only know of two of my friends who received rejection letters yesterday in the morning at the same time

smmy,

Are you all international postgraduates,i mean you and your two freinds?
Reply 347
jone27

Yes we are all international postgraduates from the Caribbean region
Reply 348
jone27,

I am really sick of waiting. hope they will write smth this week. every day I check my mail millions of times.

I see all people here receive rejections. It's very interesting whom tehy select??
Reply 349
Hi guys! I'm new over here, I'm from Dominican Republic and I also applied for a full scholarship at UOW, good luck to all! try to stay focus on other activities because if not we are under risk of going crazy waiting this hard decision.

XD
Reply 350
Original post by Gem729
Hi guys! I'm new over here, I'm from Dominican Republic and I also applied for a full scholarship at UOW, good luck to all! try to stay focus on other activities because if not we are under risk of going crazy waiting this hard decision.

XD

Hey gem729

Im close by to you (in Jamaica),so we are both from the Caribbean Region.Did you apply for only the full scholarships?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 351
Well I applied to 4 different full scholarships, yes and only to full ones because otherwise I am not able to afford the course, the exchange rate of pound compared to my national currency is just too high. Well Good luck to you!! to which one you did apply?
Reply 352
I applied for the full ones as well :-) thank you and best of luck to you as well.What course of study did you apply to do at WMU?
Reply 353
Hi everyone. I am new on this forum and I would like to ask you this: after your letter was received on the university how much time happen until confirmation of receipt they send on email?

I am not applying for September, it's for January 2013 but I would like to know how much time usually takes.

thank you guys
Erica
Reply 354
Original post by smmy293
I applied for the full ones as well :-) thank you and best of luck to you as well.What course of study did you apply to do at WMU?[/QUOT

I applied to MSc in Project management and you?
Reply 355
Original post by ericadbr
Hi everyone. I am new on this forum and I would like to ask you this: after your letter was received on the university how much time happen until confirmation of receipt they send on email?

I am not applying for September, it's for January 2013 but I would like to know how much time usually takes.

thank you guys
Erica

Welcome!!!!! :biggrin:

If you are talking about the admission application, of course, they send it right away. With the scholarship application, they gave me a notice after 9/10 days. I also emailed them regarding the mail as soon as i saw it was delivered on DHL's website.

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 356
Original post by annushka
hey!

haha i emailed them last week as well. And yes, NO email from them but i guess they are just really busy.

I wonder what kind of process they go through. I applied to a school in the U.S. Everyone got their answers within three weeks. It's amazing how fast things get done there. I am not sure if it's a good thing but it saves us the dread.
I really hope the uni does a comprehensive evaluation. My high school marks aren't that impressive as i would like it to be. Plus, i have been out of school for such a long time. But i have work experience and good TOEFL scores, plus nice essay and recommendation.
Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 357
Original post by AnnaWintour
Thank you ptmy and jone27. I don't know what to do anymore. This was my plan C. I was not awarded neither by UCL, neither by Central European College(Hungary). Since 25 of January I am stressed all the time waiting just for results, and now.. I don't know, I'm disappointed and no will for applying to any other university. I'm sick of applying and receiving only negative answers. I don't know where I make mistakes in my applications. I have TOEFL 95, GPA 9,76 out of 10, I passed my essays to teachers so that they can tell me if something's wrong, I don't know. Sorry for expressing my frustration, but this mail was the last drop in the glass.

I hope you'll get what you want, good luck and let me know when you'll know the results.

Hey Anna,

Are you an undergrad or grad student? If it makes you feel any good, i am applying for an undergrad degree and i am about to be 24. I wish i was like so many of these guys out here, you know the post grads. Things i wish i had done when i got out of high school. I chose a bad college in the beginning and things didn't work out. So i feel as if i am having to start everything all over again. If you have a bachelors degree in something, well you are way better off than i am. So please don't feel bad. You could always work and save some money and apply for a partial scholarship or something next year. :smile:

Don't give up if you really want to study and pursue your dreams. :smile:
Reply 358
Gem 729
I applied to Msc Applied Cognitive Neuroscience...I am yet to meet anyone doing my course though and it kind of worries me.Ive seen alot of people apply for Radion/Film and TV production or something along those lines but we shall see
Reply 359
Hey everyone, I'm from Africa and I'm also awaiting scholarship news :frown: I check my email constantly, and then this thread to see for updates. It really is crazy. I wish the Scholarship Office would have given us an exact date for example, July 30th, that way I know when to expect the outcome; instead of just checking my email every second of the day.
Best of Luck to all of you guys! I hope we find out soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending