The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7040
Original post by Mo-Amin
So what did you think of episode three?
I'd say your prediction turned out to be accurate for this episode, it was certainly much stronger than number two.

Yeah it's gone pretty much as I'd hoped. The only problem I'm having at the moment is Emily Mortimer's acting which is quite surprising. Everything she does seems a bit forced and OTT compared to the rest of the cast. Hopefully she calms down a bit but it's certainly not dissuading me from watching the show!
Reply 7041
Original post by aja89
Yeah it's gone pretty much as I'd hoped. The only problem I'm having at the moment is Emily Mortimer's acting which is quite surprising. Everything she does seems a bit forced and OTT compared to the rest of the cast. Hopefully she calms down a bit but it's certainly not dissuading me from watching the show!

I think her character's a bit, well, ridiculous but yeah I'm actually really looking forward to next week now! :smile:
Original post by Colonel.
I genuinely loved it. I know it was aimed at kids more than adults, but so what?

Naah, I got nothing against films aimed at kids, I love them! But I found Tintin a bit underwhelming. The animation quality was fantastic however :yep: . And it was Tintin after all :colone:
Just saw Spiderman.

Hmmm. It was good. I enjoyed it. I just felt it lacked a little something. I think perhaps the villain wasn't that great.

I was also convinced for a little while that:

Spoiler

Reply 7044
Original post by pinkpenguin
Just saw Spiderman.

Hmmm. It was good. I enjoyed it. I just felt it lacked a little something. I think perhaps the villain wasn't that great.

I was also convinced for a little while that:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Deshi
Attempted to watch Haywire tonight but it just wasn't happening. Turned it off 15 minutes in.

I'm surprised you endured Lockout but couldn't get through Haywire.

Original post by Deshi
Wrath of the Titans is crap.

Do you want to break the news to Dalek1099 or should I?
The Dark Knight Rises is getting gushing reviews and early impressions. Embargo will probably lift in a few days. All aboard the hype train that departs in 9 days. :woo:
Reply 7047
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The Dark Knight Rises is getting gushing reviews and early impressions. Embargo will probably lift in a few days. All aboard the hype train that departs in 9 days. :woo:

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo excited!! :woo: :woo: :eek3:
Original post by Revent

Spoiler

Nope. Did I miss something cool? (limited Spiderman knowledge right here..)
Reply 7049
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I'm surprised you endured Lockout but couldn't get through Haywire.

Yeah, Lockout was pretty bad. I usually like movies like Lockout and Haywire which is why I persisted with Lockout, when I was watching Haywire I just wasn't feeling it :tongue:

Do you want to break the news to Dalek1099 or should I?

Haha why, does he love it?
Reply 7050
Original post by pinkpenguin
Nope. Did I miss something cool? (limited Spiderman knowledge right here..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQL4EkEHFQ8
Reply 7051
I've finally seen the Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which was fantastic.
I preferred Fincher's version slightly more; I found it more girtty, slicker, and maybe because it didn't have as 'happy' an ending... It might just be because I saw it first though.
Looking forward to seeing the sequels for both versions.

Anyone seen the whole trilogy?
I would say Fincher's ending is happier, considering that

Spoiler

Hello, I'm new here :smile:

Saw 'Submarine' the other day, thought it was really excellent! I was really looking forward to seeing it last year but never got to because they screen hardly anything left-field where I live. I only got round to borrowing the DVD recently!

I'll probably see the new Batman soon. There talking about it in the same breath as Oscar nominations, but surely that's just CRAZY hype??
I'm still skeptical of hyped-up superhero films since my friend saw Fantastic Four back in primary school and told me it was "the best film she'd ever seen". Safe to say I was pretty disappointed...
Reply 7054
Original post by Miss_Daedalus
Hello, I'm new here :smile:

Saw 'Submarine' the other day, thought it was really excellent! I was really looking forward to seeing it last year but never got to because they screen hardly anything left-field where I live. I only got round to borrowing the DVD recently!

I'll probably see the new Batman soon. There talking about it in the same breath as Oscar nominations, but surely that's just CRAZY hype??
I'm still skeptical of hyped-up superhero films since my friend saw Fantastic Four back in primary school and told me it was "the best film she'd ever seen". Safe to say I was pretty disappointed...

Fantastic Four sucked though :lol:
Reply 7055
Ridiculously hard trying to think of good films to watch that I haven't already seen :beard: Just anything that is a really good watch :beard:
Reply 7056
Original post by Revent
Fantastic Four sucked though :lol:

Each film had one really good scene though, both involving Jessica Alba :woohoo:
Original post by Mess.
Ridiculously hard trying to think of good films to watch that I haven't already seen :beard: Just anything that is a really good watch :beard:

watch a documentary film
Reply 7058
Original post by Mister Dead
watch a documentary film

Any specific ones?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending