Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by FinnLassie
Finallyyyy!!!

I got a room from James Blyth :smile:

Congrats!! :smile: I hope it will be James Blyth or Thomas Campbell for me too!

I just sent my fully translated version of my Abitur to the email my student adviser gave me. I really hope that I receive an answer quickly now and that my UCAS status is finally changing into an Unconditional :P
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by alaska.
Congrats!! :smile: I hope it will be James Blyth or Thomas Campbell for me too!

I just sent my fully translated version of my Abitur to the email my student adviser gave me. I really hope that I receive an answer quickly now and that my UCAS status is finally changing into an Unconditional :P

I hope you get to hear from Strathclyde soon! I would be absolutely nerve-racked if I was in your position right now, so glad I got my unconditional back in March.

Gah, I need to get a passport sized photo of myself for the occupancy agreement. I have to wait for tomorrow to get it, because I don't want to pay 20 euros for the photos at a professional shop! I'd rather use the photo machines where it costs 7 euros, but as there's none really nearby I can't be arsed to sort it today. :tongue:
Reply 202
Original post by alaska.
It is just a bit further away from the campus village if I remember correctly. Other than that, it seems alright :smile: Congrats on your offer, the MBAs at Strathclyde seem to have quite a good reputation!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm really excited. Can't wait for the fall!
Reply 203
I hope you get to hear from Strathclyde soon! I would be absolutely nerve-racked if I was in your position right now, so glad I got my unconditional back in March.

Gah, I need to get a passport sized photo of myself for the occupancy agreement. I have to wait for tomorrow to get it, because I don't want to pay 20 euros for the photos at a professional shop! I'd rather use the photo machines where it costs 7 euros, but as there's none really nearby I can't be arsed to sort it today. :tongue:

Yeah, me too. When I asked the student adviser she said that the admissions office is quite busy around that time and that I should hear back in a couple of weeks. Couple of weeks could mean anything from 2 weeks to a month and a half though :/ I guess I give them a week and then I call them again! I sent my documents in April and they only requested the translation when I asked if everything was in order! :/ I am getting slightly annoyed -.-" Can't understand that they are soooo busy atm, surely they will be more busy in August when the A-level and Highers results come out?
Reply 204
Original post by alaska.
Yeah, me too. When I asked the student adviser she said that the admissions office is quite busy around that time and that I should hear back in a couple of weeks. Couple of weeks could mean anything from 2 weeks to a month and a half though :/ I guess I give them a week and then I call them again! I sent my documents in April and they only requested the translation when I asked if everything was in order! :/ I am getting slightly annoyed -.-" Can't understand that they are soooo busy atm, surely they will be more busy in August when the A-level and Highers results come out?

Well I send my copies in yesterday, they should be on their way now, so they won't arrive before Thursday! I'll call them next week to check if everything is in order! We should all be much more patiently :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Do you guys know if I have to send the whole Occupancy Agreement to the accommodation office or just the last page where you sign? :s-smilie:
Reply 206
I sent all my documents to sbs-adviser (business school admissions) and it took them about a week to change the thing to unconditional. still waiting for the occupancy agreement though. 20 euros for the photos? gosh I paid about 2 euros, guess photographers in Bulgaria find their equipment cheaper
Original post by Lotfil
20 euros for the photos? gosh I paid about 2 euros, guess photographers in Bulgaria find their equipment cheaper

Well Finland is the most expensive country in the EU that has euro and that explains a lot... :smile: The only way to get passport-sized photos is to go to the photo machine or to a professional photographer, and with the pros they take the picture according to the passport photo law which is super strict.
Reply 208
Haha, I guess I am lucky then that I only took photos for a new ID and passport a month ago! However, I paid 12,50 for 4 photos as well (but it was a photographer in my hometown). So I guess we will need a photo for the occupancy agreement and for the student ID, right?

Also, I talked to the Business advisor today and she said that my status should change to Unconditional early next week :smile:))) I hope that the Accomodation note will come through to then!
Reply 209
Finallyyyy!!!

I got a room from James Blyth :smile:

Congrats :smile:

When are you people going to Scotland?
Original post by alaska.
Haha, I guess I am lucky then that I only took photos for a new ID and passport a month ago! However, I paid 12,50 for 4 photos as well (but it was a photographer in my hometown). So I guess we will need a photo for the occupancy agreement and for the student ID, right?

Also, I talked to the Business advisor today and she said that my status should change to Unconditional early next week :smile:))) I hope that the Accomodation note will come through to then!

Your student ID pic gets take when you register. :smile:
Reply 211
Original post by Popppppy
Your student ID pic gets take when you register. :smile:

Wow, that's fancy! :smile: Thanks for the advice, so I don't have to worry about getting new ones yet as I have one spare one.

Could you tell me sth about what is going on in Freshers' Week? I heard The Prodigy was over last year?
Reply 212
Well Finland is the most expensive country in the EU that has euro and that explains a lot... :smile: The only way to get passport-sized photos is to go to the photo machine or to a professional photographer, and with the pros they take the picture according to the passport photo law which is super strict.

In Luxembourg it is the same! :wink:
Reply 213
Original post by alaska.

I just send in my diploma via e-mail and phoned and them and I've been told I should receive an answer by next Tuesday. I hope everything is in order and my offer is changed soon! (in Luxembourg a cheap photographer asks about 17-20 Euros for passport picture)
Reply 214
Do you guys know if I have to send the whole Occupancy Agreement to the accommodation office or just the last page where you sign? :s-smilie:

I applied online and got mail they received my application. They added all those papers again, so I filled it in again and send them only that page relevant to me.
Reply 215
Yesterday I got my Occupancy Agreement and I will send it back tomorrow morning when my photos are ready. Anyway, I have a question - the Agreement consists of four pages and I have to read it through and sign on the last one. That's fine but my signature is not really my name, it's something like..well just google "terry pratchett signature" and you'll know what I mean. So, should I use my own signature or perhaps write my name in English? Or both !
Reply 216
Original post by Lotfil
Yesterday I got my Occupancy Agreement and I will send it back tomorrow morning when my photos are ready. Anyway, I have a question - the Agreement consists of four pages and I have to read it through and sign on the last one. That's fine but my signature is not really my name, it's something like..well just google "terry pratchett signature" and you'll know what I mean. So, should I use my own signature or perhaps write my name in English? Or both !

It may sound kind of stupid, but what is an 'Occupancy Agreement'? I think you can use your signature, it doesn't matter whether they can read the name or not, it only matters that your signature is always the same, and unless it is easy to copy you can use yours!
My signature only looks like my name when looking at the initials. I sent the whole 4 pages as the first page states your own name, so it's easy to connect the signature and the person. My Ukrainian and Russian friends always use their own alphabet when putting their signature no matter where in the world they are.

Original post by steph.b
It may sound kind of stupid, but what is an 'Occupancy Agreement'? I think you can use your signature, it doesn't matter whether they can read the name or not, it only matters that your signature is always the same, and unless it is easy to copy you can use yours!

Occupancy Agreement binds you to the accommodation that has been offered to you. :yes:
Reply 218
My signature only looks like my name when looking at the initials. I sent the whole 4 pages as the first page states your own name, so it's easy to connect the signature and the person. My Ukrainian and Russian friends always use their own alphabet when putting their signature no matter where in the world they are.

Occupancy Agreement binds you to the accommodation that has been offered to you. :yes:

Thank you, well I should receive all those stuff during the next weeks... I'm so damn impatient!
I called them today and they told me that I'll receive a mail by Tuesday... I hope they reply quickly!
Reply 219
Yaaaay, my status has changed to UNCONDITIONAL :smile: I hope I get the accomodation letter shortly too now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending